Story Today I did this on my project...

SkywardRiver

8 hours ago, Cheshire said:

Interesting, is that done through cutting down the tilesize to something like 16*16 for movement? It looks like it's still beholden to some form of tiles. 

And does it work with pathfinding, npcs, block tiles etc.?

Not actually, Habib almost figured out. Basically i just changed bind controls to move Offset instead, so it really moves at every pixel on the map but the movement packets are only sent when you reach the 32x32 bound. In other words, i just keeped the default movement but now the input depends on Offset, not the ControlKey. That way i dont need to change the whole logic behind tiles and positioning since it work the same.

There are limitations of course, the other players doesnt see the offset so there is a error margin of 16px at max, but it wont affect features that depends on positioning and its a minimum error. Also i changed the EntityMovePacket offset processing to make movements a little more smoof.

It stills a prototype. Blocks for example needed to be implemented so probably the other features need a bit of code too lol

Trying to work on my project slowly, even if its only an hour a week. Today is not much, but I got the basic animation in for pushing objects. (Actual pushing of objects is next).

I know the loop isnt perfect on the pushing segment, but I will polish it later. I also need to stop input when the animation is switching back to idle.

[Edit[

Can now push

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 12:13 PM, CosakiGames said:

a9e8124b93ba41077a429d23ddafcc94.gif
Added animations for Attack/Shoot/Cast. (Based on LPC assets)
Also, I think I upset the guard :X

I'm also using LPC assets (entities/paperdolls, not tilesets). Were you able to find walk animations for bow, or are you stuck with just shoot as well?
I'm debating spending time on creating the walk animations for one so that I can use that as a base for modifying for new bows, but i'm certainly no artist!

2 hours ago, Vaiku said:

I'm also using LPC assets (entities/paperdolls, not tilesets). Were you able to find walk animations for bow, or are you stuck with just shoot as well?
I'm debating spending time on creating the walk animations for one so that I can use that as a base for modifying for new bows, but i'm certainly no artist!

I had to create all the other animations for the Bow and many other assets. If you have some basic photoshop skills its not too hard - just time consuming.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I added spell crit and melee crit as bonus stats, as well as spell leech vs. lifesteal. Considering a mana leech functionality as well because I think a more fluid management of hp/mp like you see in Diablo 2 is a good way to bring up how actively you play the game.

I also did a lot of mapping and tinkered with psuedo-instancing via event editor. Need to get a VM spun up to test for sure but I'm feeling pretty decent about where it's at. Next i'll refine it to be more extensible to have multiple concurrent rooms available & explore how to get one event trigger to put you in whatever's available without breaking anything :)

• 2 weeks later...