Story Today I did this on my project...

SkywardRiver

As i saw there's a lot of work on what you've done but i agree with Aisen. I think you should take a look to tutorials about basics in pixel art. You seem to have a good understanding of the color palette so i think it won't be very difficult for you to understand.

• 1 month later...

Cool work but it will be perfect with outlines, all your sprites will be more visible like that. Check the base tilesets you will see for yourself what i mean. Continue working like that and soon you will be a great pixel artist.

For your grass tileset, if you want it to be plain, you need to start by the corners and go to the center, so it will look more plain.

On 6/12/2022 at 11:06 PM, Neeknog said:

The green leaves of your trees completely blend in with the grass tiles, try making them different greens.

thanks i changed

e9c6398807f66fcbb3f28302e377369e.png

Today i started craft castle tiles for my graphic set and update base male

• 2 weeks later...

Great work, i suggest you to make assembled rocks, it will be better than disposing them randomly on the map. Love the ambiance of the map, you've made a great effort on that and it works.

My turn ^^

https://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/1e6bcdfa37a2e709ce0184a0a4259cdb.png

https://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/638f8dda894976f70b7deb8631b57d5c.png

https://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/50f979aca8acd5bd8e0168fb2851fcf4.png

Thanks! I have a hard time in detailing because I feel like I'm overfilling repetitiveness instead of having different kinds of detail, so I'm really just trying to conserve and spread over the grid instead of cramming everything in one map.

The trees in your maps work well to create naturalization and also for blocking and pathing as well, nice touch. :)

I've some more done over the two days.
453d4277fa0a5fa5e7d865a97cac8d07.png

b0b0f27b73abf07e21c3ff7fa27de62e.png

Thanks, greetings always cheer up ^^. I've made quite an effort to propose a different way of mapping with basics ressources (with many recolors and stuff done myself). I'm glad someone find it cool ^^.

Your maps are great, you made a great use of lightning effects and the tilesets fits each other. The donjon shape is awesome, love it.

For making assembled rocks use gimp or photoshop or the device you like and make some yourself, you just have to copy/paste the tilesets to make it shaping like you want

Here's an example of what i've done for my tilesets you will see what i mean :

https://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/2d86553b86e9fe7ce882e2f8bf40f8b0.png

Continue working like that you will soon be able to greatly level up ^^

Here's an example of what i've done for my tilesets you will see what i mean :

https://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/2d86553b86e9fe7ce882e2f8bf40f8b0.png

Yeah I knew what you meant. :P
I've done it before, it's situational for me. I would use assembled graphics when I'm blocking/pathing, as you've done in your maps. If I assembled rocks, it would be considered my wall layering as opposed to detailing.
PS: I don't make the tilesets :P

That's not about making tilesets ^^ but more place them on a tileset grid, all are existent tilesets of the base engine just recolorized them and replace them on an empty grid. You can use it to fill your maps but it have to be align with the grid on Gimp or device you may use to not break passages.

I must admit it's not a regular way of doing things but i think it works well when using simple resources to map.

I'm not sure what i wrote is perfectly clear... sorry i'm french and do with what i know in english ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliment, "ca me va droit au coeur" as we say in french ^^. You've made an excellent work on making these. Some recolors and Gimp tricks and here i go, i absolutly love it, they inspire me a lot and are easy to remodel. Thank you to shared this tile set, Malumia is possible due to you. :grog:

On 7/19/2022 at 8:58 AM, Artheios said:

8d0aa5eb2079f3d2f2f320cdd325d4bf.png

3bb7a126cf4b4810447470ccddbcb787.png8df0dd0c102f42502181bf39a6d4b88a.png

Continuing the mapping of the world surface first area. I've created some more tilesets to fit what i want.

Nice mapping. Have you thought about tree canopies? Not only would it save time probably but it would create some nice contrast so that you're playing field stands out more.

Have you thought about tree canopies?

First thing, thanks for the compliment mate. I 've thought about but i think i will not use it for the world surface,  maybe for some specifics passages. For now i'm just mapping the base of my world ( combat zone/exploration zone ), i will handle caves and other stuff later.

• 4 weeks later...