Story Today I did this on my project...

SkywardRiver

2 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Very impressive. Is that Pixel Based movement I see? If so I would be very interested to know its performance on a network with a large amount of players.

Did you make the graphics yourself? I like them a lot however I'm not much of a fan of the resolution difference between the entities and the tiles.

Looks really good, all the best.

Kibz

I know I'm not the right person to answer, but regarding network performance I imagine that you don't have many problems since I know gallighanmaker from another game dev community and I was working on a project on the same network system as Mirror In unity, taking into account the latest updates and the performance of the KCP transport that has been implemented in the last few months, the network is working quite stable, they even claim to be able to maintain more than 1000 ccu in a 3d environment.

21 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Very impressive. Is that Pixel Based movement I see? If so I would be very interested to know its performance on a network with a large amount of players.

Did you make the graphics yourself? I like them a lot however I'm not much of a fan of the resolution difference between the entities and the tiles.

Looks really good, all the best.

Kibz

Thaaanks Kibz! you are amazing dude.

About the graphics, I have a pixel artist who helps with commissions on the project and about the netwotk, i'm using Unity (as engine) and mirror networking, with  my tests we are ok with 100~200 players (so far on our tests in production env) doing multiple things in our (large) world, but I need to do more "test stress". xD

Soon i'll bring more news.

19 hours ago, Blinkuz said:

I know I'm not the right person to answer, but regarding network performance I imagine that you don't have many problems since I know gallighanmaker from another game dev community and I was working on a project on the same network system as Mirror In unity, taking into account the latest updates and the performance of the KCP transport that has been implemented in the last few months, the network is working quite stable, they even claim to be able to maintain more than 1000 ccu in a 3d environment.

Thaaanks bro! you are awesome, and your answer its right! :)

--

@staff sorry about the double post, miss click on "quote"  ><

Looks good!

On 3/22/2021 at 3:11 PM, gallighanmaker said:

-snip-

:)

Spoiler

the art kinda is kinda iffy with the mixed pixels imo. some have 2x2 some are 1x1 but that's a personal preference.

Today I will be finishing up the northern part of my Tutorial Island I've named Breakwater Isle. Im not sure I like the beach from this height. Walking around with my character doesnt seem too bad, kinda gives me an Ark: SE feel with all the rocks and palms. If you can't tell, the dense wooded area is elevated off of the beach using cliffs. The blank part in the NE corner will be a smoothing ramp to connect the beach to the inner island.

c16d1c870deae99cb1710e1b2e155254.png

15 hours ago, Lunam said:

Today I will be finishing up the northern part of my Tutorial Island I've named Breakwater Isle. Im not sure I like the beach from this height. Walking around with my character doesnt seem too bad, kinda gives me an Ark: SE feel with all the rocks and palms. If you can't tell, the dense wooded area is elevated off of the beach using cliffs. The blank part in the NE corner will be a smoothing ramp to connect the beach to the inner island.

c16d1c870deae99cb1710e1b2e155254.png

Very impressed by this. Only critique would be using dirt pathways to illustrate direction to the player.

Kibz

4 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Very impressed by this. Only critique would be using dirt pathways to illustrate direction to the player.

Kibz

Thanks man. I have events in place to guide the player in the right direction, at the right times. But i might add some pathing, make it look more travelled