Story Today I did this on my project...

SkywardRiver

• 2 weeks later...

*Spoiler* This concept was heavily inspired by Skyrim's Soul Trap, Soul Gem, and Soul Cairn systems.

I've been working on a concept that will be integral to my game: An Afterlife System!

Mine for Spirit Crystals, cast Soul Snare spell on enemies and capture their soul in the crystal upon their death(waiting on a Conditional Branch update to allow checking for status effects on Npcs/Players) and if YOU die with a FILLED Spirit Crystal, get spared Death and resurrect at your nearest spawn!

OR

DONT have a filled Crystal on you when you die, and be transported to the Afterlife, where you will become a Wandering Soul and have to Quest/Fight/Puzzle/etc. your way back to the world of the living!

New Afterlife Look, I personally love it but my wife said it looks "too busy", what do you guys think?

P.S. These are all fully harvestable resources(well, the ones you can reach anyways lol)

102870504e709f2468318b1856e691b9.png

5 hours ago, Artheios said:

Hello, if only this zone looks like that, it's too busy. But if all the zone are covered the same way, the effect will be different.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

The entire afterlife will look mostly like this. There will be a forest areas, rocky areas, mountains, pits, and the whole edge of the afterlife will look jagged and "dissolving"

59 minutes ago, Smoot said:

I like it, personally, but maybe a 10-15% reduction in the trees would help

I actually just about doubled the trees just before i posted that to have a more defined "walk path" but I definately see how it looks cluttered.

3 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Ever heard of happy wife happy life? Bring in the bulldozers :) 

Haha yes. Im more of a "happy spouse, happy house" kinda guy 😂😂 just cuz we're men doesnt mean we cant be happy too 😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Artheios said:

Is it your first work with pixel art ? seems great for a game in our days. If i were you i will change the roofs to made them more pitch ("pente" in french i'm not sure of the traduction ^^).

No it's not I've made some pixel editing and making before but this isn't pixel art it's vector art. Sure I'll be adding some details on the roofs and the house eventually but for now i'm more focusing on bench, trash can, trees... I don't really see the point of having a good looking house with an empty world. I'm not trying to make the next 2D cyberpunk project :4_joy: :7_sweat_smile:

So yeah for now i'm gonna made the tileset, item, sprite.... and will be eventually making graphical update (if the game get released at one point xD)

Looks good like this ^^. Sorry for my lack of knowledge ^^ I know barely noyhing about vectorial sprites ^^.

I agree with you about the emptiness of a world, even if the graphics are great if there's no details, there's no interest ^^.

I did the mainmenu background image. The mirror will display the character in the character selection/creation. Every items are buttons. I've still at least one more week going back to work not sure how I'll be progressing on the project until then.

a0863affb493febc5bcf945be3bb022f.png