Introduce Yourself Thread!

jcsnider

Hi! im not than new  xd
my name is Micaela Elizabeth 
im from Argentina (borned on Rusia: We moved to Argentina when I was born
So I'm 99% Argentinian)
i started on the world of "Game engines" 5 years ago
my friends and me started a new project (ALMA ONLINE)
with intersect engine
im an highly anxiety person and insane
and i want to travel to japan some day for knew at my japanese friends

so, that's all i think hahahaha (◉ω◉)

Glad to see you open yourself up more here @Candy Panda. Idk why but when I read your name I think of an old pro league of legends player I used to know from way back. 

Welcome to AGD (again since i know you've been here a while)

3 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Idk why but when I read your name I think of an old pro league of legends player I used to know from way back. 

hahahahahah its because he steal my nickname (? okno 

my real nick of league of legends (On LAS server) is: "Sweet Candy uwu" (Because anybody stole my normal nick >:v)

1 hour ago, Phenomenal said:

Glad you formally introduced yourself and welcome to the forum @Candy Panda 

Thanks Phen!!! I'm glad to read that

3 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Glad to see you open yourself up more here @Candy Panda

Thanks Kibb n.n
Amazing work with this forum and Intersect ~ ♥ (i love it)

56 minutes ago, Candy Panda said:

my real nick of league of legends (On LAS server) is: "Sweet Candy uwu" (Because anybody stole my normal nick >:v)

Fury name? :^) 

I'm "Depre" on EUW (Hardstuck D4 baddie), shame you're not an EUW player otherwise we could play :(

Just now, Kibbelz said:

I'm "Depre" on EUW (Hardstuck D4 baddie), shame you're not an EUW player otherwise we could play :(

LoL if i play on EUW my ping will be of 250ms or more xd 
But when i'll travel to EE.UU i will play with you n.n (Its a promisse)

Hi my user name is Craft Quest. I am the founder of Dave's Game Studios and the sole producer of Craft Quest MMORPG

I have been Indie developing games for a bit now and my latest venture is Craft Quest using Intersect Game Engine  version 5.1

Inside the last 2 weeks I have introduce 62 items in the game. 85% are items you craft. I am trying very hard to get players to join us on the game so we can test out gameplay server reliability and 

basically how well everyone likes it. Please join us . I use drop box as file sharing as it's free and reliable. You can get a copy her:    https://www.dropbox.com/s/diktfz723nwdz65/Craft Quest 1.0.zip?dl=0

Nice to meet everyone. Hope to see you in the game.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone...again.  The new forums look great!  You guys have been busy and the community looks solid.:3_grin:  It's been a minute though.  Just stopping by to check out things.

I recently got some time to start working on programming projects again.  I fixed several issues in the Revamped engine, including the timing and poor lighting I had before.  I upgraded from VS 2013 to 2019, as well as the latest SFML so things will be a bit more current.  I'm probably going to start a scratch engine, porting over my code from Revamped and the Tabletop app I was working on...like in 2016.

Currently looking into going with MySQL instead of flat files this time, as well as a working particle system, physics, and shaders.  I was never able to get the custom control library to work like intended, so I may check into what new options are around that would be better.

• 2 months later...

I feel like I should bump my intro. It's been 4 years lol.

Hi everyone. I'm Richy. I'm 38 years of age and I hail in Ohio/US.

Next to JC, Kibbies and some others, I'm one of the oldest members, but I have been inactive for a long time because I fell in a major depressive state, having had suicidal thoughts and attempts, then was placed in some mental hospitals for psychiatric treatment. So I was in a dark place for quite awhile. I still have low days but they're not as bad as they were last year. I'm a Type 2 Diabetic now yay /s/. I get to take insulin with my sugar-filled coffee now. Other than that, I have been very bored and time is the devils workshop so I'm trying to keep my mind busy, so I came back here in hopes to do that, I lose motivation and interest really fast these days so I'm not sure exactly how long I can stay active in development but I'm gonna try.

• 7 months later...

Gees, I really should explore the forum more often... Lets say that it was my first time on this part of the forum at time of writing this.
So Hello all! Its cool to read all the introductions and now I will try it myself :P
My name is XTRS, currently 23 years old and I live in the Netherlands :) I started building games once I got introduced to RPG Maker XP in 2008, in which I never completed a project. A couple of years after that I started experimenting with the platform which was from Eclipse, but due busy school schedules never found any free time to come back to the projects I had planned until almost 2 years back from now. That's when I found this awesome community that got me into Intersect Engine, the engine that I'm using for another project I had planned for, actually the one I already had planned out but never actually got into :')
At the time I'm working full-time on my own project to keep my mind busy :P That's quiet everything for now tough.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

My name is - Erik , I am 29 years old and from from Canada. I have no coding background, or developing background whatsoever, nothing in the arts as well. Just your average joe.
I hosted a DnD like server, which had lore a basic dice rolling game on discord. One day I decided to I wanted to bring the game to life, so I searched on google and eventually found myself here.

I actually forgot how I found this place. no matter what I type in google I had no leads, I tried back tracking with no luck.

Work and wife keeping me busy from getting any development done. Hopefully, I get to make the game big one day. 
I'm also going to be asking a lot of questions, and making a list of restrictions of what I cannot do. Hopefully get a professional from here to power up my client one day.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there! My Name is Keith(and yes, thats a pixel-art Keith I made myself lol). I'm a mid-western man(USA:EST) with a passion for creativity. I love to World Build, though most of my world concepts never leave my head. I have experience in coding(.NET, C#(minor experience), and a few others), minimal pixel art design, and have the imagination of a 10yo with the complexity and maturity of my age(so a raging imagination lol).

I love gaming and indie game development but i have a HUGE motivation problem. I've never finished a digital project, and I've started countless. I stumbled upon Intersect after looking for the Eclipse engine that apparently is no longer supported(Used it waaay back in the day, and remembered it and tried to come back). I actually find Intersect engine superior because 1)Its not VB6(THANK GOD!) 2)C# is far more versatile and 3) the process of development has been streamlined quite a bit.

I've already started a project that I pray and hope i don't lose motivation for. I've been researching some tactics to keep motivation high and have been good so far. I have a nearly complete tutorial in my game project with detailed maps and various Crafts and resources. Intersect is probably my favorite now as far as 2D retro ORPG style engines go. I've used Unity and more recently, Godot(way better than Unity imo, more streamlined and easier to use) and am fairly decent with Blender.

I'm excited to be apart of the community and I actually plan to hopefully implement some features into the Engine itself and share them with you If i get around to that and I don't lose motivation lol.

• 1 month later...

Hello World! My name is Zedit (or Zed for short).. I am from the land downunder, Australia :)

I used to be here when i was very young.. the good old vb6 days lol.. Crystalshire and EO 1 or so til.. - 3..

I have always has a massive interest in making my own games, I have learnt so much over the many years, Many different programming languages + scripting languages..

Have always been a fan without a doubt! and have come by a lot over time to check up on new things..

I am glad this site is still up and progress being made :D

Have had many projects over the years, Although my main problem is never finishing them.. but it's all about the learning curve .. But i hope to help out whenever i can..  (hopefully soon)

Hope i can help out any way i possibly can in future :)

Hey Im Alec :) Living in Canada

Got into intersect about 2 years ago and since then ive had one failed project ( Realm of shadows ) :( long story behind what happened but im back stronger and better then ever with a new project Tiny MMO :D ( pm for details )

Willing to help out the community in anyway i can so don't be shy to pm with questions :D

• 9 months later...

Hello all, nice to meet you all. My name is Denis and i'm french, living near Dijon for those who know where it is. I'm 39 years old (40 in few months) and i can say video games occupied a lot of time in my life.

I discovered rpg maker with the vx version about twelve years ago and really started to use it when vx ace had started. I spent about height year to study all of the making forms, mapping, eventing, scripting (with the help of a friend of mine met on internet, i've learned ruby scripting)and also pixel art.

But then got some problem IRL and i wasn't able to continue my project so it goes down in the abyss...

And suddenly 2 months ago, i was on youtube and saw a miniature speaking of making mmo games with intersect... I check the video and saw that it was pretty like rpg maker (not realizing the little wonder i just fount).

I read the documentation and attempt to check on the source code but don't understand much how it works (i have no other skills in scripting than ruby) so naturally here i am :3_grin:

Please excuse me if my english is not correct, hope your eyes don't bleed to much.

Have a good day all, thank you to read this.