Introduce Yourself Thread!

jcsnider

Hey, I’m Souliousery. I make games.

About me

I’m 11 years old, and I live in Canada. (No, we don’t drink maple syrup every day.) I have always wanted to make a game, and I am finally starting to make one. (actually another one.) (as soon as my laptop comes back from the repair store. Getting a GTX 1050 Ti installed.) My first game was from this summer, from a 4-day day camp at Carleton University, down in Ottawa. It’s called Dreamscape Boredom Buster, and is literally Dreamscape playing in the background with an overstretched background, with a guy with a gun that does nothing but put it above and under his arm. It’s on GameJolt, but please don’t get it. I am now starting on a new project with Intersect, called MMO Legends, and development is starting soon as the laptop gets upgraded and comes back. I’m looking for some help, but i’m not asking here. I hope you will like it when a playable build comes out. Anyways, I usually come back from school around 5PM, so if your bored, we can hang out on Steam. My username is in the description. Anyways, that’s me.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, faller-magie here.

I'm 23 years old and i'm present here to try and experiment intersect engine. Likes 3D, Digital art (generally) and traditionnal art (some of them), video games, animation, illustration, mangas/anime/comics and lots of things. From now, i found intersect engine very interesting but less rich. Also i'm french. That's....it, i don't know what to say more but if you have some question for me, feel free to contact me. I'll be there when possible. :) 

Is that a correct english ? 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi my name's Own I'm 28 years old and I live in Canada. I'm excited to have found this community, I use to work with a game engine called Fantasy Star Online, was a lot different but similar in the mapping area. I'm currently working on a game now with a few friends (started last night) and just trying to figure out how everything works and how to get a copy of the game to them but besides that I'm enjoying the map editor and all the Editors it has. 

Hello everyone,
My nickname on the internet is Shinitenshi, I'm 33 years old and I'm a 3D modeler and 2D artist. I usually work with Unreal and Unity. I already developed a 3D game with a team 3 years ago and I also participated as an environmental artist in a small gaming studio in Unreal this fall.

I am currently off work (for maternity), so I take the opportunity to get my hands on Intersect and hoping to have some free time in the future, ahah.. I have always wanted to make a 2D multiplayer for some time. I really like pixel arts and I love retro games. I try to learn a little programming, but it's not really my specialty :15_yum:

Sorry for my strange English, I'm Canadian French and I still have trouble with the language of shakespear ;)

36 minutes ago, Shinitenshi said:

Hello everyone,
My nickname on the internet is Shinitenshi, I'm 33 years old and I'm a 3D modeler and 2D artist. I usually work with Unreal and Unity. I already developed a 3D game with a team 3 years ago and I also participated as an environmental artist in a small gaming studio in Unreal this fall.

I am currently off work (for maternity), so I take the opportunity to get my hands on Intersect and hoping to have some free time in the future, ahah.. I have always wanted to make a 2D multiplayer for some time. I really like pixel arts and I love retro games. I try to learn a little programming, but it's not really my specialty :15_yum:

Sorry for my strange English, I'm Canadian French and I still have trouble with the language of shakespear ;)

Welcome second gibbish user :lol:

• 2 months later...

Hai-Hai. I'm a game designer, mostly with a focus on 2D art and animation. Just fiddling around with the engine to make a tiny Dragon Quest-fangame. ^ u^ I have another team with a little indie company and we're developing an original tactical jRPG, but I thought I'd tinker on the side when things are slow there! It's nice to meet people like myself who are in game dev. (Oh and I am learning C# and Unity engine as well for future projects possibly! Taking courses on Udemy, which are proving to be fun!)

Outside of game dev I love chatting with friends and cosplaying and doing horribly geeky stuff like RP and LARP. Hah yeah I'mma nerdy otaku jusssst move along. XD

• 1 month later...

i hope this is not count as necroposting.

my name is Firdy, but in reality my friends never called by my real name. i was called "Pale" from elementary until high school and "Mayan" since College. i had passion in making my own game since i was 10. at that time, i draw monsters on a card and battle with my friend's own drawn monsters using dice as  available turn action mechanism, so silly.

When i was in high school i discovered Eclipse Origins and started mess around with it. i already know VB6 since junior high school, so finding Eclipse Engine to me it was like "what a coincidence, i found open source rpg engine written in VB6". but not for so long i realized that i cant make big game all by myself so i stopped play around with Eclipse and living my life as student. 

I am currently studying Computer Engineering in College. oh by the way i am from Indonesia, i know by the time you heard this you must be thinking "oh, this guy just another farmer from lesser country who recently found internet". lol. but if you feel pity about me, you can support me  by PM me your credit card number, email password, wifi password, steam account info etc. just joking.

i am not very good with english, especially when it comes to understanding tenses. because in the 3 languages i spoke in Indonesia , not single of them use tenses. during college i realized that VB6 is an outdated language and i need to move on, so i am learning C. again , i googled for rpg engine written in C and somehow i found Intersect which is written in C# (i hope this not too different from C). i know the source is not released yet but i always keep an eye on this forum as silent reader from time to time waiting for the source to be released. until someday i decided to create an account. 

I play DOTA 2, Yu-Gi-Oh!. you can add "Nekloire" on steam if you want to play DOTA 2 together with amateur such as i am.

I think i've never introduced myself here, so, here we go.

As almost of the foreigns on this forum, "sorry for my bad english" hahahaahha, please, take some efforts to understand us.

My name is Paulo aka Soma Cruz/Capivarinha/Capivara, i live on Brazil, i'm 26, work on a Coca Cola Factory as Comercial Analist, currently studing "administration" on college and a big enthusiast of designing RPGs.

Since i was a kid, i just loved the idea of creating things, creating universes and storylines, almost every day my neighbor and me was on his/mine house playing around our doll/action figures (i don't know the correct term in english to describe what this means in portuguese hahahah). Was veery funny, mainly cuz we could create alot of stories, with mysteries, good guys, bad guys and etc, kid stuff.

When i grow up (a little), like 10~14 years, i've started to research about some kind of tool to create games of my favourite genre: rpg's.

I tryed RPG Makers, another engines like eclipse/elysium, Open Tibia Servers (OTServers), all these things was wonderful to me, the possibility to create/change the structure to something new, something mine was a dream.

I had some experiences with my mate @Matho, who i knew about 14 years ago on a OTServer.

We had some game creation experience on these engines, and on OTServers too. But we were kids, not brilliant kids, just kids withou any experience in game design/planning, so all of our projects has failed, we have some OTServers wich was nice, had some players online, a small community, but still a community.

Today, he and I are developing a new game since 2017, called Project ASN using the intersect engine.

I'm trying to be more participative these days, the community here is awesome, srsly guys ;)

Hello, now that i found ou there is a thread like this, i will introduce myself  :D

My name is Sebastian, i'm a 29 years old soldier from germany.

From the first day i played a game i create games by myself. I like more to create them, than to play them ^^

I tried some bigger projects before, but only a few of them made it to release. After i enlisted to the german army with 19 years, i didnt found mutch time to work on my projects. The last years i served on the IT-Division of the german army. Now, 10 years later my duty comes to an end and im working on new concepts to create. Thats how i found this side and the intersect engine. With 2 friends and some server-racks we want to start some smal projects to release and maybe to earn some € with them, so we can later work on bigger ones.

I looking forward to the release of the source code, so we can use the full power of the engine  :D

Hello, I'm Elias, I'm 27 years old, I'm an electrical engineer, I live in Brazil. I do not write much in the forum because I do not like to use Google translator very much :).

I'm creating my first Ulna Online game, I'm basing myself on Albion Online, Mu, Tibia.

Abstract.

My colleague called me to create a game and chose this engine, after 4 days he gave up, I kept creating it myself and each time I learned it, as I said it's my first game I'm creating,

I started to think I could continue and I'm here until today. The community helped me a lot.