Introduce Yourself Thread!

jcsnider

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello. I just now picked up the intersect Engine. I am new to game dev and wanting to learn to make games. is there a discord or something like that where people can chat live? I have not really been able to find helpful tutorials. I speak mainly English.

22 hours ago, Sagirou said:

Hello. I just now picked up the intersect Engine. I am new to game dev and wanting to learn to make games. is there a discord or something like that where people can chat live? I have not really been able to find helpful tutorials. I speak mainly English.

welcome man

Hey there everyone. Long time since I have been in this type of space. I used to create code for features on an old engine called eclipse way back in the day. Had a game called Torn Rebirth for a while and worked on a game called Planeshift as well. Seems like a lifetime ago but I found this and figured this could be something I can use with my daughter to maybe get her interested in game design and coding although it seems the source code isn't available for this so may have to find my old eclipse files. Either way I am sure ill be using this engine as well for some things. Just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone. I am probably one of the oldest members here tbh but oh well. chat later everyone.

Figured I'd update my post since it's been literally 7 years since I last posted in this thread...

Hey all. I used to go by General Awesome way back in my Eclipse days but I might change that username soon. Idk. Otherwise my given name is John. I used to do a fair bit of programming and engine work, whether in Eclipse or some of my own projects. I haven't really worked on anything in a number of years though. Maybe that's something that will change but I find my life pretty occupied with other things these days.

I'm currently employed managing a few .NET Core backend projects along with some programming & helping to manage a team that provides support for this software and its aging counterpart - 25+ year old COBOL business logic lol. Can't believe I'd say this but I would rather deal with VB6 than that.

Personally I've leaned towards the outdoors much more in recent years. Been pretty into backpacking, hiking, and rock climbing. Not sure whether anyone here enjoys that but I've found to be engineers and tech workers overrepresented so I wouldn't be surprised lol. Lately I've been wanting to get more into trad climbing. I'll hopefully be following on another trad multipitch adventure in Seneca this summer along with some climbing at RRG.

Anyway, don't know who is around still but I look forward to chatting and maybe tinkering around with this stuff again

• 4 months later...

Hello there,

I just discovered Intersect and my mind is blowing up. I am so happy I've found out about this engine. I can now make my dream game.

MMORPG has always been so difficult to make, because of the difficulty of networking, but also because they are so much tiny little things you need to take care of. You don't just code features one time, but 2 times, client-side and server-side. Syncing everything together and not forgetting some bytes is so exhausting that I've gived up into making my dream game.

Until I discover Intersect engine. I now have hope to make my dream game. I've downloaded it and I am already at work playing with it.

I am really grateful, thankful to the developpers who made such an amazing engine for FREE. I usually never pay money for thing related to developpement, because if I give up for any reason, it's wasted money and I know it. 

I really wish a long continuation and I appreciate a lot the effort of the developpers. You guys have done a great work.

Thank you.

• 11 months later...

Hey there everyone.

The last time I joined a forum community was probably in 2006 or something, so that's refreshing.

No idea if I remember to stick around in this day and age of 15 second attention spans.

My adventure with game developement started a long ago in a place very much like this one, and I sticked to it ever since.

I'm looking for something more lowkey and small to fiddle around with when I'm not doing corporate work, so I figured an MMO is as not overambitous as it gets with small projects right?

Cheers!