Story Today I did this on my project...

SkywardRiver

1 hour ago, Lunam said:

c0ee6237ae00db0a4daa018eaacd7e08.jpg

Got my project board started. A little sneak peek into my game lore if you can read it 😂

Is this still in progress? There is not green post-it or do you have any  :4_joy:

7 hours ago, Gibier said:

Is this still in progress? There is not green post-it or do you have any  :4_joy:

Lol yes still in progress. The player hasnt appeared at this point just yet lol

I've added radio to the game to be able to listen to music in game

Spoiler

18c3353c4682b7aaa03bce7e0c163b62.png

c4a7fd2e81e383f296d46e1b538db9eb.png

d07f544065d5e024060ad04199c4f3f7.png

The second screen is while the music play. There is 6 radio station and 5 song in each of them (2min to 4 min). They are looping randomly and will not play the same song back a back. The event will ask for the player if they want to continue to listen to music after each song.

12 minutes ago, Gibier said:

I've added radio to the game to be able to listen to music in game

Hide contents

18c3353c4682b7aaa03bce7e0c163b62.png

c4a7fd2e81e383f296d46e1b538db9eb.png

d07f544065d5e024060ad04199c4f3f7.png

The second screen is while the music play. There is 6 radio station and 5 song in each of them (2min to 4 min). They are looping randomly and will not play the same song back a back. The event will ask for the player if they want to continue to listen to music after each song.

nice feature share with us in event systems :D

6 minutes ago, Xiphoid said:

nice feature share with us in event systems :D

Sorry I won't do it for now, not cause I don't wanna or time, but I'm currently not fully happy with the system and will probably doing some edit. So instead of taking time to make a post then edit it i'll be sure of sharing it when it's finished and won't have change. 

12 hours ago, Gibier said:

I've added another easy yet fun system to the game: growing up 

The system set the player's age with the numbers of days spend in the game. Age will affect the gameplay a little bit.

9ff89f1c7da0c226dd81231d544ba594.png

Nice! Interested to see how the age affects gameplay

Today i've Improved the gameplay smoothness of the Anima Seeds Online Project:

- Damage output has been refactored (code wise, it was a mess before :droplet:) so it's also easier to read and the output transition is smooth now.

- Footsteps have been refactored (code wise) in order to use a dictionary to cache and store some values that were stupidly being called over and over for no reason, it's also been refactored so it's capable to cache any amout of random sounds for steps so i don't has to maintain the same number of random sounds per type of footstep.
- Custom implementation for the camera view: smooth camera angles / movement with delta delay !
- Fixed an issue where the swing attack sound was played twice uppon hitting an enemy (had a conflict with the recent "extra attack animation" implementation here).

- NPC dialogues automatically hides the rest of the UI in order to have a cleaner experience, then shows it back up when finishing dialogues.

Coming along nicely, i believe. Trying to have it make sense, as the higher you go, the less dense vegetation, etc. Undecided if I want one huge open world map or a bunch of "sets" of maps like this:

142a58fb4fb5012bfc05d1a622ae5e57.png

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Lunam said:

Coming along nicely, i believe. Trying to have it make sense, as the higher you go, the less dense vegetation, etc. Undecided if I want one huge open world map or a bunch of "sets" of maps like this:

142a58fb4fb5012bfc05d1a622ae5e57.png

Thoughts?

From my point of view bunch of maps like this would be the best. To me the current shape is good and don't really see a good way to add things to it without becoming ''ugly''/can't fit together. Personally I dont see a way whiteout recreating it all to be 1.5-3 times the size.

This current world/map is pretty simple yet  beautiful as it is

Thanks guys, yeah i think ill go with the sets of maps.

5 hours ago, Artheios said:

Actually the map is pretty cool, good work ^^. A way to improve it is by using the ground tilesets (as i can see , you're using the default tilesets), the ground variations will be more natural than the actual tile shape.

Ground tilesets? What do you mean... I thought i was. 😂