Story Today I did this on my project...

SkywardRiver

3519fcab051a0f2758026ea4b788ed9f.png

Doing graphical programming with the xbox kinnect, just kinda experimenting with art and code. This is a screenshot of a Live rendering, the xbox kinect gives me a 3D Image map which I can run operations on to either use the device as a form of input or to manipulate pixel data on to create what you see above.

• 2 weeks later...

So Ive continued to work on my survival game and add more content as well as work on the main city map (new areas and detail).

Here is a quick youtube of the bigging of my game, story line.. (still a work in progress)

Spoiler

a5dfd74da9a5713a7275b27f6aa3bca7.jpg

New features I have created:

Implants

Spoiler

An implant always has to be equipped (enforced, player can not remove/unequipped a implant)

An implant can be damaged and when it does it goes through different stages which affects players stats:

0. Normal State +10 Stats
1. Damaged State +5 Stats
2. Critical State +0 Stats
3. Corrupted State -50 Stats (Speed +50)

5c8b01a5417474912c79c9503c660a55.jpg

MOB Attack on Implants

Some MOBs can cast a spell to do damage to players implant

Implant Repair/Recovery

Nano Tanks filled with Nanites repair your implant

Spoiler

Interact with tank to start process. (Full tanks = Can start, Empty = cant start refilling in progress)

3b5d8543e27e958fc899d5136de5ad22.jpg

Shows in chat progress

fc6da98975069852d41a30fd9c3babb2.jpg

If player moves the process stops.

Memory Chip

Spoiler

Memory Chips are similar to Implants that they can not be removed/unequipped.

The Memory chip also boasts the players stats.

The player will gain Intel through the game which will trigger upgrades of the memory chip to give better stat boasts.

a0376adbea8e681afbcc153b33b639c1.jpg

Intel can be gain a few ways. One is extracting it:

https://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/404d69cbeb88bf576c9b932db6a06a48.mp4

New equipment with paperdoll

Player Tips

Display only once to give guidance to players.

Player Emotes

Some /command based and some random ones that happen when player states change (such as when hungry/thirsty)

Searching

One time ran event

Freezes player while he searches (2secs)

Players can search desks, shelves, draws and other objects to find items. Items randomly drop.

Chests

One time ran event loot giver

Mapping

Few indoor areas such as inside pap restaurant.

Greene Park (watch out for the Gremlins)

Maps have more detail

Full Image of current map.

Spoiler

43cf6106c9e96e15c34a6ca874572b6d.png

I wrote my first ever script! It implements 8 directional movement for my player lol. Not sure if it's what I want yet though. I may decide to go with point and click movement via navmesh.

b4tXQwQ.png

Yeah it's pretty simple but that's a good thing. Probably about me learning how to write a script more than game dev but I'm enjoying it. :)

4 hours ago, Slayer said:

I wrote my first ever script! It implements 8 directional movement for my player lol. Not sure if it's what I want yet though. I may decide to go with point and click movement via navmesh.

Woah that's cool, how did you do it roughly?

9 minutes ago, The Bunny Gamer said:

Woah that's cool, how did you do it roughly?

This isn't a Intersect project (not sure if this was assumed), it's in Godot with GDscript. I'll edit the post with the code when I get home (currently on mobile) for anyone interested. 

15 hours ago, TheSandersGuy said:

This is my first time editing in the Events Editor, and I managed to make a [?] block work nicely! :)

Next step: press space to jump and collect it

Create a dummy item "found mushroom" with no sprite

Create an item "mushroom" with a mushroom 🍄 sprite

Create an event on the map with the sprite set to a question block

Create a Boolean variable called "has mushroom?"

Change the spawn requirements of the event to require the variable "has mushroom?" being off

Set the event to constantly check if the player has 1 mushroom

If they do then set "has mushroom?" to off

If they do not then do if player has 2 mushrooms then take away one mushroom

In a new common event set it to check if the player has the dummy mushroom item. If they do then take away the dummy mushroom, and give them a normal mushroom. The point of this is so that it will appear they are pressing the [?] block instead of picking up the mushroom.

Something like this should work

[EDIT] Make sure that you put the dummy mushroom as an item spawn under the [?] block.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Zetasis said:

The player sprite looks like Samus. I like it. 

Yeah, I'm a fan of the metroid games, metroid prime hunters was the first game I ever played online and it was my favourite game for so much time, so I wanted to make a metroid-like multiplayer game as a tribute

I also did the mechanics of the doors, they only open if you hit them with the correct type of weapon:

https://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/58888903c4d165243bc4082400be846c.mp4

Today I implemented a Metroid Prime like scanning function. The scanning interface is just a proof of concept, the final one will be much more elaborated but it will still hide chat, health, hotbar and most of the screen to prevent players abusing it and make the game more difficult.