Story Today I did this on my project...

SkywardRiver

~ Found a pixel artist who will help make custom artset for the game.

6dvAN5I.png

~ Advertised for musician/SFX designer on many places (cause yay all custom stuff because I am picky XD)

~ Started drawing portraits for in-game non-pixel gfx, working on Baramos-sama's and Moore's right now. I JUST now got my tablet since moving in to new apartment. < .< less than a few hours ago.........so yeah! I went on a sketchy spree.

~ Wrote out 2 quests: one for Human and one for Estark/Jewel Monster races.

I guess I'm not THAT productive but we just started, so I'm still pretty proud of any progress even if small. ^^

Today, I was thinking of finally making my games logo and background and start working on fixing up the UI more when I came across some archived logos I made several years ago, when I was actually working on my game in RPG Maker VX Ace.

This was one of several design idea's I had for my logo a few years back for a game I was making... Even managed to find I hadn't lost my notes or the alpha project.

Spoiler

wXIHNil.png

This was a request from the forums for VX Ace, don't think he used the first one. I remember him wanting to also include the sub-title or maybe, it was his first game in the series.. and I didn't quite understand what he wanted. First image was pretty much me thinking he needed a title logo for his second entry. Than he asked about the subtitle which in turn got the second logo with it, and I believe in the end he was wondering why I had a 2 in the back lol.

Spoiler

1j1f9XJ.png

Spoiler

yaKsfsH.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the use of height changes you did in your cave map Worldofjimmy. Flat terrain is easy, but trying to incorporate a since of height moving from above to below or even making it look like your further down than it looks is more of a challenge for me without just dropping a massive tall wall and saying yea down there is ground level...

This weekend I created a Tutorial Island where you get all the information you need to survive in the "real world".

At the Tutorial Island you will learn how to Cook food, mine ores, cut wood, smelt ores and craft several items.

Monsters are luring outside the camp. There are also two caves on the tutorial island.

You cannot leave the Tutorial island until you  reach level 8.

Tutorial Island

Spoiler

122666eb025cc4594ce7b4f9cc97bc3b.png

Cave 1

Spoiler

df6279734d5af80c8ff96fe313402428.png

Cave 2

Spoiler

88ddcc8888815ba1adf00565c9d43ddf.png

For those interested in the "Real World".

Much is going to be upgraded, planned to do the shore and more caves. Also the north island as well.

Spoiler

b9604135db87fd77ba1c027d95413141.png

Edited by Worldofjimmy
Uploaded wrong "Real World" image.

thanks guys, @Kibbelz its a mixture of free to use tilesets from breeze to a few custom things I had made with some edits from some rpg maker to flesh the place out for no cost :D@Kasplant Yeah moving away from it as i got tired of wanting new graphics thank the tiny LOG and the cost was so high to do it. Engine wise its using RPG Maker VX ACE so I can make use of their tiles without worry!

22 minutes ago, Whitespirits said:

thanks guys, @Kibbelz its a mixture of free to use tilesets from breeze to a few custom things I had made with some edits from some rpg maker to flesh the place out for no cost :D@Kasplant Yeah moving away from it as i got tired of wanting new graphics thank the tiny LOG and the cost was so high to do it. Engine wise its using RPG Maker VX ACE so I can make use of their tiles without worry!

Ahh I recognise the breeze!, no wonder I like the style! ;)

What could you find of Breeze? Im wondering if you have some resources that I dont have yet! 

• 2 weeks later...