Introduce Yourself Thread!

jcsnider

43 minutes ago, PhenomenalDev said:

@Kevin That's a shame and well done if you actually finish it I have a terrible habit of abandoning projects :rolleyes:

Me too sadly. I have a love for a project, then real life hits. Anyways, welcome to the forums Monvster and Kevin! Always great to see new faces. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Joyce Yay ^_^ welcome, cool that you decided to come here and most people just pop in for a few hours so it's fine c: also sorry but jc is in the middle or removing a delay on the shoutbox time (from join for anti spam that we don't have) that he added so you might have to wait until tommorow for him to remove it :/

• 1 month later...

Ambard here. I think some of you remember me. I have hit a mile stone of boredom that is driving me mad. Having developed Ambardia Online for years and then to have seen it crumble to packet hackers and script kiddies was crushing. I want to try again and jc was so awesome to us in the early days. Lets see what happens.

Hi, I was told to make a post here so i guess i will.

So, I am Ambardia's(An old game made by Ambard that is based around a mythical world where the balance of Chaos and Peace are fighting, and a Chaos Beast named Itrophi is leading this fight on the Chaos's side, and King Ambard, the man who first discovered that the world was shrinking due to Chaos attempting to take over, leading the fight on Peaces side)newest Developer and single Closed Alpha Tester, as of right now, more or less, just Tester, once i learn a lot more about this engine, and the game itself, i will help in that aspect, however for now I find things about the game that are buggy, odd, or just a bit out of style. What's funny is though, i'm no stranger to coding, when i was 12 i started teaching myself HTML, and after that i learned that you can put other languages into HTML, so every now and then i make JavaScript HTML files, most are just funny pages made for the sake of a meme, but i am currently working on something a bit more serious, a malicious virus I call "11", don't get me wrong, i wish no harm from this program, however I am going to finish it, and test it, then i'm going to see if i can remove it, the whole purpose of the program is to have a timed destruction of your computer, while also giving the ability to be removed, recently my computer had been "invaded" (so to speak), by a few different viruses I got from downloading Cheat Clients and other game advantages from untrustworthy sites. I'll get into why I'm making it now, since these Viruses made me wipe my PC clean, i realized i had to do something about my knowledge of how to handle situations like that, that is the purpose of 11, (It's called 11 because that is my favorite number, and this virus was made specifically for me.). I need to know how to "defeat" harmful programs, and while I'm doing this I'm learning a lot about VBS, BAT, and HTML that i didn't know before.

Alright, now, onto a bit about myself, among coding, I'm an incredible writer, or at least i'd like consider myself as one, and i love the aspects of putting a variety of words onto a page and give that page a different meaning than it had before. I've also basically surrounded my future with some sort of computer based career, as i haven't really had much aspiration to do much else, and make things that people can use, and enjoy.

Another little bit about my virus before i go, if I, or anyone of my friends that use it, can't quite handle it, and don't wish their computer to turn into jelly, there is a "STOP" hotkey set up once the program is ran, and this hotkey is f11, so it's blatantly obvious i'm not going to attempt to harm anyones computer with this program.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

My name is Jose Luis and I'm from Santiago, Chile.
I started in the game creation world when I was like 15 years old, with RPG Maker 2003 engine and the Hellsoft community, now I'm 27 years old (ya, old).
After a while playing whit that engine I started making guides and tutorial for the community. Finally I retired.
In the 2009 I tried to make a game, but finally my love to the music (I'm a musician) and the school ended up pushing me away.

This is the only register I have of that time (2009): 

RPG Maker 2003 have not programming lenguages to make scripts, so do an action combat system was tedious.

With the passage of time a tried to make an Online Game with Eclipse Origins Engine about Harry Potter World, I had many people interested with the proyect, but I had to put the project aside and focus in the university and my pasion, the music.

Finally, I studied Programming at University, learning C#, Java, PHP and SQl lenguages. Now I'm working in a Web Application company.

This time I have been very motivated to resume the mmorpg idea, so looking for a new Engine I found Intersect, the C# base lenguage called my attention and after a little tried, I loved it.

I hope to collaborate in the future with programming and original music composition game.

Sorry for my English :)

Regards

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. I've been lurking around here for a while now but I figure I'll stop being all reclusive and introduce myself and mingle a bit.

I'm Nemwad (aka Guyle to many others outside of here). I've been a habitual lurker around these types of communities for more than half my life now. I first cut my teeth on programming and development back in circa 2002/2003 when Shannara released the Mirage Source. I was fairly active with the early Mirage Source community, then Konfuzed and Elysium. Secrets of Mirage (still up and running, in fact) is what introduced me to these types of games back in 2001. As a result, I have a professional background spanning more than 10 years in development from small business to large investment firms to, currently, contracting with the federal government as a software developer. I owe a lot of what and who I am today to communities like these--I wouldn't have even considered my career had I not found the old Playerworlds/Mirage games back in the day, so I'm looking forward to being a part of this and contributing in any way I can. 

I'm well versed in C/C++, C#, Java, VB, Python, Ruby, with a background in database administration covering MS Access, MS SQL, MySQL, and Oracle. I likely won't be the subject matter expert in any one of these arenas, unlike many others here who probably specialize deeply in any one of these languages, but feel free to reach out to me with any questions. I'm here pretty often.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here and tinkering around with Intersect!

Hello Guys and Gals !

I'm ScuBy and I'm from Paris, France.
I'm starting created games when i was 13 years old with RPG Maker 2k3, now I'm 26 years old. Maybe a little old to continue dreams about games ^^.
After turn around and the golden age of MMO i've planned to make my own, but at this time nothing exist ... Only a little basic ruby script for create some Multi Player games with RPG Maker. So after that i've found some community like XtremeWorlds, Eclipse or his little French Brother Frog Creator, and i've finally start to make my games, but i've never finish any games due to the cost of the production the lack of time and so the engine capacity ... But hope this beautifull new engine will make the perfect job i dream of ^^.

I hope my english wasn't a shame for your eyes,

See ya soon =D

6 hours ago, oOScuByOo said:

-snip-

Your english is good! Welcome to the community! Alot of us have come from communities like xtremeworld, Eclipse, etc.

5 hours ago, Damian666 said:

welcome to the community mate :)

your English is fine, and your not to old, there are much older guys around :P

Funny, coming from (probably) the oldest member of the community<333