Intersect Development Road Map

So today I got off my lazy ass and got a neat little map selection flip function going for the map editor. Its been requested by a few and will help me out personally :). You can flip the selected tiles either vertically or horizontally:

http://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/4e70591bc5f18f5e321ec9f9969efc27.mp4

Roadmap updated.

Forum upgrades:

• I got an icon: jcico 

B4.9 Progress:

• Few more bugs to fix up.
  • Probably going to get a release out today or tomorrow.
  • Since B5 has so many changes and will be rather buggy we're hoping this version will be fairly stable for games in early alpha/beta stages.
  • It has the bank fix, animation fix, combat fixes, and more! 

B5 Progress:

• Our refactoring changes/new database system is nearly done. Just a few sanity checks left.
  • Game data and player data are stored in separate databases in B5.. either or both can be setup to use a MySql server.  (For our advanced users)
  • The new database changes will make the remaining changes quicker to implement, I should knock everything out rather quickly after I'm back from vacation this weekend.
  • Creating the migrator to get existing Beta 4 games to Beta 5 is going to be very complex and take a chunk of time. There's a very good chance that we will release a version of B5 without the migration tool to go ahead and start collecting bug reports, and then get the migrator out as quickly as possible afterward.
  • Panda is working on an API that will improve over time. With the API you will have a great way to handle querying information from the server like online players, and make game changes (like giving items, changing variables, etc). The API will be the way to go if you want to handle micro transactions and such.

B6 Plans:

• Beta 6 will have a few small new features but will release quickly once B5 is stable.
  • The biggest new feature will be a "Forgot Password?" system.
  • We will finally be bringing in the graphics we commissioned forever ago along with a new UI designed by @zzz.
  • Otherwise we should just be doing bug fixes and more cleanup/refactoring for a full engine release!

Stay tuned!

33 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Ever so slight redesign to the dynamic requirements for Beta 5....  this new layout allows you to more easily see the conditions in each list and edit them with fewer mouse clicks/key strokes.

dc4353a097453580bbb5706533e52999.png

Please also add the option to save and load the condition lists? Would save a loooot of time when making similar events! 

Quick update for everyone!

We've cleaned up the Intersect Questions & Answers forum. 

We had 22 pages of questions that didn't have best answers, didn't have any answers, had wrong answers, or had questions that no longer pertained to modern versions of Intersect.  Damian, McAdams (a little), and myself have added answers to open questions, moved questions with decent answers, and have less than 1 page of active questions remaining! I'll do a better job of staying on top of Q&A going forward :) 

The roadmap has been updated with a few extra goals for B5. 

When reading all of those questions I found several pitfalls in the engine that I'm planning to address. (Don't worry, nothing major or very time consuming ^^)

Making it easier to get self-hosted games online!

I fixed a bug which will make UPnP more likely to work each time you launch your server. Whilst sifting through the Q&A board I noticed that there have been wayyyyy too many pleas for help getting self-hosted games online and a large lack of support in that area. Today I worked on a new server command for B5 which will help with that process. Simply typing in "netdebug" will have your server run diagnostics and generate a short report for myself or other members:

8c2fa1c9a513c76a5337ae08d1d6d262.png

And the generated report:

4a1bcfccffaf9118b6d417a138640f6c.png

This report tells us all kinds of information:

• The internal and external ip of the server
  • The selected port for the server
  • Whether or not the pc is blocking ports (windows firewall, iptables, ufw, antivirus)
  • Whether or not the router is blocking ports (upnp not working, port forwarding not configured correctly)
  • Whether or not our server can connect to your game
  • Whether or not there are multiple routers in a household
  • The ips in order to contact and configure any/all routers 
  • Whether or not the server actually has access to the internet
  • and more!

Ultimately I will be writing an all-inclusive port forwarding/getting your game online guide. We will also have a new sub-board where users can share their network reports and receive quick/concise instructions on how to bring their game online.

More to come, stay tuned!

16 minutes ago, Kasplant said:

Does this also work with seeing why the server is not accessible to the outside world?

Port forwarding works for me, but I cant seem to figure out how to stop my firewall from blocking the intersect connections!

Yes, that is the primary purpose of the report. It will help isolate where the problem lies. Local computer, router, isp, any secondary routers/modems, etc. Wanna give it a try? (Shoot me a pm)

• 3 weeks later...

I love this engine with all my heart got a beautiful creation non public atm... 
this has made it easy and i truly cant wait till full release...
used a few programs to float the innerds of the exe and some dll's to see what ill eventually be able to edit...
Looks amazing wish i could add C# scripts atm...
Big plans when it hits!!
i just got to creating my account yesterday or today but ive been around since alpha ish got a huge map tons of stuff will post the client eventually!
THANK YOU FOR MAKING LIFE EASIER THAN SCRATCH WRITING SERVER TO CLIENT BULL MYSELF!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2019 at 12:29 AM, TheKezStrel said:

These will have to be built in the events / Variable editors themselves for now. There are no plans for a hard coded "guild" system.

1 hour ago, Taliel Studios said:

Yep I know I can see 🙈

When the engine is released as open source... the possibilities are endless ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...