Dev Blog 5/3/2019 - Combat + Event additions

Kibbelz

2 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Edited main thread.

Update:

- Now we have event spells that can deal damage

- We also have the option to have bound spells

- Player and global variables can now be added/subtracted from other player and global variables in the event editor!

Nice to see that almost every of my dbz game are now fix with this update xD

updates thank

you it would be great if the skills had a chance to apply status and multiple status on the target

Example

Powerful Strike - has 50% chance to fool the target

Ice Beat - has 50% chance to freeze the target and leave it Slow for 3 sec

Another suggestion would be Dot based on the maximum life of the target or based maximum damage and pure damage would be great to create Burn and Poison in the spells with more possibilities

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

• Added the option to set event switches and variables for all members of a party when interacting with events (for party related dungeons mostly).
  • Added the ability to quick cast spells from items without learning the spell.
  • Added item rarity (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary) all with separate coloured text. (This can be disabled by selecting rarity of "none")

2f536f31c534eb69fbebf9ed77fcb589.png

54 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

UPDATE:

• Added the option to set event switches and variables for all members of a party when interacting with events (for party related dungeons mostly).
  • Added the ability to quick cast spells from items without learning the spell.
  • Added item rarity (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary) all with separate coloured text. (This can be disabled by selecting rarity of "none")

2f536f31c534eb69fbebf9ed77fcb589.png

@Kibbelz wow

• 3 weeks later...

Does the check equipment have the ability to remove the item equipped? Or is it just a check condition?

Be good to have the ability to remove an item from equipment slots to be used with paper doll and transformations, as if you have paperdoll graphics and a transformation spell to a different sprite such as a wolf, then the paperoll  will no longer align. 

1 hour ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Does the check equipment have the ability to remove the item equipped? Or is it just a check condition?

Be good to have the ability to remove an item from equipment slots to be used with paper doll and transformations, as if you have paperdoll graphics and a transformation spell to a different sprite such as a wolf, then the paperoll  will no longer align. 

+1

I know this isn't meant to for suggestion thread. But I entirely agree.

I don't remember the details, but I recall the transformation combined with paperdolling had much to desire. Also I believe there was no way to cancel spells which was a huge bummer.

• 1 month later...

Today I added a taunt spell to Intersect. Not worthy of making a new dev blog so I'll post it here.

How it works vs npcs:

Forces the target to be the caster and the npc will chase and attack you only

how it works vs players:

Forces the players target to be the caster and cannot be changed until the status is removed.

The player can move freely though just can only attack the target that taunted them. (Reason for this behaviour is due to the amount of effort it would take to force the player to move that is anti-hackable thus isn't worth the time)

I didn't notice this changes(the party switch/variable changes, spells through items and taunt), great adds @Kibbelz

I know this may not be the correct place for this, but would it be possible to add a check box or something so items casting events(for example) doesn't disappear? I know that you can give it back to the player through the event you call but still

16 hours ago, igorlipe93 said:

@ Kibbelz Great additions

Does the effect of sleep have a way of getting the alvo to wake up when he gets hit?

Not currently. Works the same as a stun just different text. (Was quite commonly requested to work this way)