Official Intersect Assets Pack

jcsnider

a4727b61d3221e25d4960d124f383986.png

Free 2D Fantasy MMORPG Assets

https://github.com/AscensionGameDev/Intersect-Assets

Introduction

This is a complete collection of sprites, tilesets, animations, interface elements, sounds, music, tools and more for creating free 2d mmorpgs using the Intersect game engine. 

This pack originated when @George released his 16x16 game assets. Shortly after, @PixelFox released some sprites, animations, and more that all fit together extremely well. A short fundraiser was held at AGD and we were able to commission more tiles, characters, and much more from @Zetasis and @Xeno.

We continued by commissioning a UI design from @Aesthetic and then proceeded to locate items, animations, sounds, and music with loose licensing restrictions from across the net.

These assets will be distributed by default with Intersect starting in Beta 6. All of the assets in this pack are free to use legally in your projects, even commercially with any engine.

Please see the licensing information below for more information.

Authors

• Ascension Game Dev - Commissioning parts of and compiling this Asset Pack
  • JC Snider (aka @jcsnider) - Character Generation Software
  • Joe Bridges (aka @Kibbelz) - Character Generation Software, and Map Previews Below
  • George Bailey (aka @George) - Graphic Style, Original Tilesets, and Items (Ref: 1)
  • PixelFox (aka @PixelFox) - Animations, Characters, Monsters, Paperdolls, and Tiles (Ref: 1)
  • Jon Collier (aka @Zetasis) - Tiles, Characters, Resources, Generator Components, Paperdolls, UI Icons, and More! (Ref: 12)
  • Cordell Carrier (aka @Xeno) - Sprite Modifications and Many Tilesets
  • Aesthetic (aka @Aesthetic) - New UI Design/Graphics (Ref 1)
  • Joe Williamson (aka @JoeCreates) - Item Icons (Ref 1)
  • 7Soul (aka 7Soul) - Item & Skill Icons (Ref 1)
  • Vincent Garreau (Github) - For ParticlesJS which we used to texture some of our UI buttons.
  • artisticdude (OpenGameArt) - Various RPG Sound Effects
  • Kenney (Kenney.nl) - RPG and UI Sound Effects
  • FontAwesome - UI Button Icons
  • Adobe - Source Sans Pro and Source Sans Pro Black Fonts
  • Octave Sounds - UI Element Sound Effects
  • Eric Matyas (aka @Eric Matyas) - Music

Licensing

• All the animations, tilesets, characters, ui elements, items and other assets by George, PixelFox, Zetasis, Aesthetic, and Murdoc are licensed as CC BY 4.0.
  • Most items were created by Joe Williamson and are licensed CC BY-SA 3.0.
  • Other Item Icons & Skill Icons were created by 7Soul which were distributed with his own license.
  • FontAwesome icons used in the UI are licensed as CC BY 4.0.
  • UI Sound Effects by Octave Sounds have a custom license which permit free commercial and non-commercial use of their sound effects.
  • RPG Sound Effects by artisticdude are public domain (CC0).
  • RPG and UI Sound Effects by Kenney are licensed CC0 1.0 Universal.
  • Adobe Source Sans Pro Fonts are licensed as SIL 1.1
  • Music is by Eric Matyas - SoundImage.org - Licensed CC BY Attribution 4.0.

All files have the author(s) and applicable licensing specified in the commit histories, please refer to those for individual file inquiries!

Tilesets & Characters

687474703a2f2f7777772e617363656e73696f6e 687474703a2f2f7777772e617363656e73696f6e 687474703a2f2f7777772e617363656e73696f6e 687474703a2f2f7777772e617363656e73696f6e 687474703a2f2f7777772e617363656e73696f6e 687474703a2f2f7777772e617363656e73696f6e 687474703a2f2f7777772e617363656e73696f6e 687474703a2f2f7777772e617363656e73696f6e

Character Generator

687474703a2f2f7777772e617363656e73696f6e

Generator Examples

68747470733a2f2f7777772e617363656e73696f

Game UI

687474703a2f2f7777772e617363656e73696f6e

ca3bd643e1d8e5018ec50b877cdc5ae3.png

dce0cf4f6fce3866bae953dccf73ab3e.png

Sounds & Audio

Animations & More

To be posted.

Downloading

This asset pack will be distributed with Intersect starting in Beta 6, the included UI elements and fonts are not compatible with Beta 5.

Contributing

We'd love to expand this pack with more assets! Please feel free to contribute assets to this repo via a PR or reaching out to @jcsnider. We have an ongoing wishlist here if you are looking for ideas.

User Custom Asset disclaimer

Any custom assets you see in other peoples games that are based off these graphics are owned by the game developers making that game. Do NOT rip those graphics from their games and use it in yours unless the author has shared their graphics with you privately or publicly within the forums. If you notice someone is stealing your custom graphics specific to your game that you have not shared with the community please contact an admin or a moderator immediately. If a user is caught plagiarising there will be strict consequences potentially resulting in a ban from our forums as its illegal. 

Complementary Assets

This pack doesn't include fogs at this time. (They're on our wishlist!) But here is a good set that I found that would work great in non-commercial projects. The original author never specified any sort of license so these will not be included in this pack by default.

Acknowledgements

We cannot thank @George, @PixelFox, @Zetasis, @Xeno, @Aesthetic, and everyone else who contributed to this pack enough. Your hard work made all of this possible! I also want to add a quick special thanks to @Khaikaa for helping me with some of the naming and organization of these assets. Thanks again!

Will character generator be included by default in the character creation part of engine ? (Like same as it is now but on moment player finishes customizing his char the sprite is uploaded at the server under his id so he uses his custom character)

7 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Its a standalone program, but within the editor there will be a tools drop-down with a button to open it. So yes and no? It'll feel like it, and it will ship with the engine by default going forward. 

Ah, I see. Then it's good how it is I suppose! 

Cool stuff! 

You guys need fogs and animations I see. *grins evilly* Then I shall create them! (Not sure when exactly but I will). Also, if anyone else needs more sound effects, in case 200+ for some reason isn’t enough, I also have 111 free sound effects on my itch page. 

Edit: gonna take a look at the wish list and see what I might be able to knock out. 

1 hour ago, Zetasis said:

You guys need fogs and animations I see. *grins evilly* Then I shall create them! (Not sure when exactly but I will). Also, if anyone else needs more sound effects, in case 200+ for some reason isn’t enough, I also have 111 free sound effects on my itch page. 

Edit: gonna take a look at the wish list and see what I might be able to knock out. 

I wouldn't mind helping with this endeavor either! Let's get some steam going. DM me on discord :D i have a few really helpful tools that may help speed up the process. 

Looking great! I have been looking forward to the new UI update, in the meanwhile focusing on other parts of my game!

Question though:
Can I just copy+paste the GUI+MISC maps / files in my Beta 5.1 project to use the GUI or should I wait for B6 and hop over all my maps and resources to B6?

Greaaat job, and thanks!

Stock UI will come with B6 by default. Due to dozens of updates and improvements it's recommended you switch over to it, and then remake any customizations from there. 

If you really need to use the old UI or a customized old UI you can, but you're on your own as far as designing your own windows for password reset and such, and item quantity labels and stuff like that may never work well. 

Just now, jcsnider said:

Stock UI will come with B6 by default. Due to dozens of updates and improvements it's recommended you switch over to it, and then remake any customizations from there. 

If you really need to use the old UI or a customized old UI you can, but you're on your own as far as designing your own windows for password reset and such, and item quantity labels and stuff like that may never work well. 

So it will automatically replace the current GUI settings and graphics when upgrading?

• 9 months later...

Hello, 

I'm trying to do a map with the available tilesets in Intersect, but I have a problem of display with the walls notably.

I want to reproduce the following wall:

3991ddbdcc123589dc91584b41d82e60.jpg

But I obtain this:

822f814ea0179081333ff7b01a2f9843.jpg

I have delimitations between each block of walls...

Besides, I don't succeed to make the border above and on the left of the wall, I only have the tilesets below in "autotiles_interior_&_terrain" that seem to correspond. But I can't select it to draw a straight border, I only have corner.

0e102e1df2c976f74c86ed193ddf2cee.jpg

Thanks for any help you could provide to start my game !