Intersect Character Generator

jcsnider

Intersect Character Generator

Our open source alternative to Quik Sprite,  create and customize characters for your game!

df6a0f098055deb0f669f42678eee698.png

Features:

• Use any character components that you want! Just drop them into the apps assets folder.
  • Components can be stored as Male, Female, and Unisex - you don't need to keep duplicate files anymore if you want them to be used on male and female characters!
  • Set color hues for any layer of your sprite, take it a step further by changing the intensity of your hues!
  • Alter the transparency of any layer with the alpha slider.
  • Automatically randomize component selections!  You can use the lock on each option to opt-out of randomization!
  • Sweet dark ui

Randomization Examples:

4ad0683ddf486fc4a86c40ec80e442e1.gif

Download:

Click here to visit the downloads page for this character creation tool! This tool is distributed with default Intersect graphics that are safe to use in your projects! (even commercially!)

Source:

The source for this tool is available on Github!

License

MIT

26 minutes ago, reaksiyon said:

If we can customize the size it will be better. My paperdolls not for these sprites :DD

btw nice work +1

It should work regardless. Just replace the paperdolls and sprites with your sizes. You dont need to edit code.

4 hours ago, Zetasis said:

@ThePolishBeast you can use this generator for any type of sprites. Simply replace the existing images inside each folder with your own images and you should be good to go. 

i can understand that but for nes games they only have 3 points of movement and this engine has 4 do i need all 4 sprites or can i get away with 3 or even 2 if you know what i mean

You need all 4 for the engine, but 2 of the frames are (dumbly) the exact same. The reason we don't switch to 3 (or haven't yet) is just for compatibility with previous versions of the engine.  The following tool as a module that will allow you to convert your assets from 3 to 4 though:

https://www.ascensiongamedev.com/topic/1338-intersect-toolkit/?tab=comments#comment-19963

5 hours ago, jcsnider said:

You need all 4 for the engine, but 2 of the frames are (dumbly) the exact same. The reason we don't switch to 3 (or haven't yet) is just for compatibility with previous versions of the engine.  The following tool as a module that will allow you to convert your assets from 3 to 4 though:

https://www.ascensiongamedev.com/topic/1338-intersect-toolkit/?tab=comments#comment-19963

ah i get it thank you jcsnider

9 hours ago, jcsnider said:

I hope you don't switch to 3 frame, while its seems dumb that 2 frames are the same, that is only true for bi-pedal creatures, I use 4 different frames for everything that doesn't have 2 legs. Which is more than half the sprites I use.

2 minutes ago, Terrafyde said:

I hope you don't switch to 3 frame, while its seems dumb that 2 frames are the same, that is only true for bi-pedal creatures, I use 4 different frames for everything that doesn't have 2 legs. Which is more than half the sprites I use.

If the "switch" is ever made it would be done in such a way that the default graphics become 3 frame, and the engine supports 3 frame by default, but there'd be an option for 4 frame as well. So nothing to worry about, and that's wayyyyyy down the road anyways.  We're getting pretty far off topic lol

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, Sol Mundus said:

This tool is amazing ! any plan to merge it with the editor or/and the client for the players ?

Might be merged with the editor one day,  but that sort of character customization won’t ever be client-sided in the vanilla version of Intersect. 

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...