Intersect Beta 5.1 Released!

jcsnider

984549685492.png

Intersect Beta 5.1 Released!

December 5th 2018

Bug Fixes/Problems Solved:

• Mysql game databases not saving/loading correctly (They will need to be wiped and recreated!)
  • Attacks being cancelled/not registering on the server.
  • Server crash when saving maps that players are on/around.
  • Loading of certain translation strings. (Like Escape Menu & Server Status)
  • Copying/Pasting of game components in the various editor windows
  • Item equipped icon blocking mouse clicks in inventory (Requires re-downloading InventoryItem.json ui file)
  • Bag window failing to load  (Requires re-downloading BagWindow.json ui file)
  • Npcs losing targets when firing spells
  • Npcs firing projectiles in random directions
  • Wording for consumable item editor ('Interval' -> 'Amount')
  • Deleted characters not actually being deleted
  • Engine allowing life steal from resources
  • Fixed EndQuest event command
  • Fixed weird event behavior when using labels inside common event.
  • Fixed trading error where item amounts could multiply and make people rich!

Up Next

As more bugs are found we will get a 5.2 out.. in the mean time we are working on B6 and some performance improvements!

Download

If you're already using 5.0 just overwrite your .pdbs and .exes! :D

Download

If you're already using 4.9.X please view the migration guide!

As always please keep in touch with us and report all bugs that you find!

3 hours ago, daviih123 said:

any way to make ''tab''' select from more distance? i mean not every classe are meelee to target body-to-body

But at what range do you define as too much or too far to target? Everyone monitor screen size is different so you have to compensate for users who are on the lowest resolution. They don't want to target someone off their screen. If you have an open world like Nightmare with 500 maps. Where do you stop searching? Most players want to interact with enemies nearby anyway and use tab to kite enemies with their spells. Again you can change this when source comes but I don't see much point.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/6/2018 at 4:18 PM, Kibbelz said:

But at what range do you define as too much or too far to target? Everyone monitor screen size is different so you have to compensate for users who are on the lowest resolution. They don't want to target someone off their screen. If you have an open world like Nightmare with 500 maps. Where do you stop searching? Most players want to interact with enemies nearby anyway and use tab to kite enemies with their spells. Again you can change this when source comes but I don't see much point.

At first I thought you could get the max range of one of the spells/ranged attacks, but then I thought that was the same issue. User 1 would be able to see the target, but not User 2 since their resolution is lower.

Perhaps if you are able to get the players resolution and convert it into a range, if you can see it chances are you want to target it anyway. Might present a different problem with users having higher resolutions reaping the benefits.

What about just the closest target to the player, within their view/map/bounds/resolution. (Then just chalk it up to, sometimes it does pay for people who pay for better monitors.)

Looking at it now, I don't think your audience now days will be anything under 1024x768 anyway. Sounds like a good place to hardcore a range.

Current desktop screen resolutions in use (worldwide)

Screen width Smallest screen height In use worldwide

1024 px 768 px 3%

1280 px 800 px 11%

1360 px 768 px 2%

1366 px 768 px 35%

1440 px 900 px 6%

1600 px 900 px 6%

1680 px 1050 px 3%

1920 px 1080 px 20%

2560 px and up1440 px 1%

I think the tab should auto select whatever is closest to the mouse (within screen bounds since that’s easy to check).. or maybe another configurable control can do that.

I don’t have hard stats, but I think a very large majority of people play in windowed mode, if I had a 1024x768 monitor I’d totally play in 800x600 windowed mode. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

COPY AND PASTING IS FINALLY HERE!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!

Now I have to be bothered to replace all the .exes and .pdbs... Lol...

The copy and pasting should be a whole update in itself, like from 5.0.0 to 6.0.0

I'm fresh and I was looking for open source engine where i could learn to code. I found this, this is amazing and written in C#, but someone could explain it to me?

I don't see .cs files, only .json files, so this engine isn't open source yet? It'll be in future?

"Modern and Open Source C# Codebase (if you do want to code!)" I don't know something or this description is outdated?

8 minutes ago, ENDO said:

I'm fresh and I was looking for open source engine where i could learn to code. I found this, this is amazing and written in C#, but someone could explain it to me?

I don't see .cs files, only .json files, so this engine isn't open source yet? It'll be in future?

"Modern and Open Source C# Codebase (if you do want to code!)" I don't know something or this description is outdated?

Intersect is current not open source but when it reaches release it will be. Currently we are working on Beta 6, and once we are finished cleaning up some of the worst parts of the engine we should reach the actual release with source.

That's good news :) Finally found the best engine ever, meanwhile I'll be able to learn more.

And what puzzles me (translator, wrote it right? lol), how many players online can keep this engine/server?

Or if this engine/server is somehow limited, whatever - how would it look with very well C# scripted engine/server?