Story Today I did this on my project...

SkywardRiver

@SkywardRiver take this with a grain of salt.

Your cliff walls are inconsistent. Cliff walls must always be the same height in 2D. On the left side, just right of the cabe enterance your cliff height in tiles decreases. Also I'm not sure I like what you're doing with your cliffs above the water ontop of the waterfall.

You're shadows are also inconsistent. Remember your light source is always coming from 1 direction in game. In nightmare we use top left. Currently you have light coming from top left for the little mountain bridge and from the south for the cliff just above the canopy.

Your fields are repetative and very bare, always try and shape a direction into your world! Maybe add a river or more cliffs to do this. Even a fence.

You've got the skills to be better and I know you can take constructive criticism so I didn't hold back like i usually do xD.

20 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

@SkywardRiver take this with a grain of salt.

Your cliff walls are inconsistent. Cliff walls must always be the same height in 2D. On the left side, just right of the cabe enterance your cliff height in tiles decreases. Also I'm not sure I like what you're doing with your cliffs above the water ontop of the waterfall.

You're shadows are also inconsistent. Remember your light source is always coming from 1 direction in game. In nightmare we use top left. Currently you have light coming from top left for the little mountain bridge and from the south for the cliff just above the canopy.

Your fields are repetative and very bare, always try and shape a direction into your world! Maybe add a river or more cliffs to do this. Even a fence.

You've got the skills to be better and I know you can take constructive criticism so I didn't hold back like i usually do xD.

Aye some of the cliff walls (namely the really big offender) is just out of the camera's view. 1 down and it looks weird when a player is standing there so I kind of had to cheat a little hehe. As for the shading going "up", I'm trying to experiment with it to see how else I can show how tall that mountain actually is. I don't want the players walking "behind" it so I'm trying to see what I can do to show it in 2d haha. And yeah, that field looks pretty bad when not connected haha. It's actually in a little valley, but yeah I might try to spruce it up haha.

Thanks for the feedback!

Just now, Whitespirits said:

@SkywardRiver are u on a new project now away from Life Forge?

I'm too busy with work and life to dedicate enough time to an active game like Life Forge at the moment. Currently Benjo and Zetasis along with some new blood are running Life Forge. If my current project ever comes to fruition, however, Life Forge Customers (peeps that have purchased items on Life Forge) will be rewarded for their purchases in the new game as well. (Though Life Forge is and will continue to remain updated, playable, and expanded upon)

5 minutes ago, SkywardRiver said:

Another map nearly finished for today. Still not sure how to properly show the depth/height of the cliffside, so for now I'm still using "false shadows"

Pic2.png

Shadows definitely make the maps look a ton better.

On 1/31/2018 at 1:47 PM, SkywardRiver said:

Windmill.png

1 hour ago, Zetasis said:

Get rid of that square border man... you know better then that :P

But but but, this one IS a square house D:  lol. Thanks though man, I'll be editing it shortly xD