New American President Debate

Kibbelz

I believe that with a republican majority in congress it will be easier for Trump to push changes through as opposed to Obama/Hillary (Democrats) fighting that republican majority. 

The next four years will be interesting to say the least. 

37 minutes ago, thomvs said:

Doesn't really matter who gets in office these days, the final decisions always stay with congress.

The President can royally fuck up international relations. Congress can't make decisions for other countries.

Just now, jcsnider said:

I believe that with a republican majority in congress it will be easier for Trump to push changes through as opposed to Obama/Hillary (Democrats) fighting that republican majority. 

I'm banking on the GOP shredding itself between the pro-Trump and pro-Hillary camps to block the shit out of Trump.

That being said I have no idea what in the literal hell Trump is actually going to do, his policy ideas have literally been all over the place.

I don't like Trump, but GOD im happy Hillary didn't win. I would have have been pissed to have such a historic moment of the first woman president to be a lying, corrupt, harpy of a woman! I felt bad for all of her supports standing there waiting for her and she didn't even have the decency to come out and talk to them. Her toady came out and said go home we'll talk to you tomorrow... "Hillary has always been there for you and thanks you for your support." Well where was she when her supporters were standing around waiting for her?

I just wish there was a camera around to capture her face when she got that stupid smug smile smacked off her face!

4 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Yeah, I fell asleep before the race finished, did not see that Trump got most of the senate as well.. Not sure what the hell they were thinking since Trump is kinda a loose cannon especially in the political game, unless they just wanted a monkey to toy around with so they could use him, maybe they think he's the type that is easy to convince ? dunno.

3 minutes ago, 熊猫副船長 said:

The President can royally fuck up international relations. Congress can't make decisions for other countries.

True, but that's why we have have a shit ton of external representatives. He might be able to fuck up relations with someone who already has a disdain for us but it's the little guys you don't hear about who actually make relationships with others outside of the U.S, not just the U.S Pres.

4 minutes ago, thomvs said:

Yeah, I fell asleep before the race finished, did not see that Trump got most of the senate as well.. Not sure what the hell they were thinking since Trump is kinda a loose cannon especially in the political game, unless they just wanted a monkey to toy around with so they could use him, maybe they think he's the type that is easy to convince ? dunno.

True, but that's why we have have a shit ton of external representatives. He might be able to fuck up relations with someone who already has a disdain for us but it's the little guys you don't hear about who actually make relationships with others outside of the U.S, not just the U.S Pres.

To the first thing: the GOP thought they could control Trump, they thought he couldn't possibly win the GOP primary, guess what: they couldn't control him, he won the primary. Now he won the election. If they think they control a pompous, self-righteous, bigoted, foolish person of such epic proportions they are clearly delusional. There have been two things that have held true without doubt in the past year: we haven't heard everything there is about Hillary, we have no fucking clue what Trump is going to do next.

To the second: He is the face of America. Just because we have diplomats that can talk to their political counterparts doesn't mean the entirety of the world's populace will not hate us because of what the wrinkled angry tangerine that just got elected says and does. Eventually the current politicians in other countries will retire, to be replaced by people who are currently just part of the populace, what happens then?

1 hour ago, Gwen said:

I don't like Trump, but GOD im happy Hillary didn't win. I would have have been pissed to have such a historic moment of the first woman president to be a lying, corrupt, harpy of a woman! I felt bad for all of her supports standing there waiting for her and she didn't even have the decency to come out and talk to them. Her toady came out and said go home we'll talk to you tomorrow... "Hillary has always been there for you and thanks you for your support." Well where was she when her supporters were standing around waiting for her?

I just wish there was a camera around to capture her face when she got that stupid smug smile smacked off her face!

THIS THIS THIS!!! So glad to see a woman not supporting Hillary, I've seen so many women wanting Hillary to be the first woman president, and she's a lying, corrupt, Wall Street, politician. She does not reflect the working body of our American woman, whatsoever!'