WIP Silvershire - 2D ORPG

Silvershire

7987a031836710cfc8ff42dc666e1ccb.png
ff5ca00bcd5f17d9fb42d0852979274b.png      8c25a293663ca6ab50f5861b48b121c0.png      02393db0685c613e8bb5ea961e60b156.png

Introduction
Silvershire is a retro, fantasy-driven, online RPG with the aim to bring back the classic and simplistic RPG style, experience and atmosphere - "A mix between Zelda and Pokemon".

Features

• 20 levels of character development. At the moment the starter zone (1-10) and mechanics are as good as done.  (More zones will be added throughout development, we strive for quality over quantity) 
  • Custom graphics. The current tileset is a placeholder, the idea is to re-pixel the tileset to a custom, more detailed, style in the near future.
  • 4 standard classes to choose from. Warrior(melee DPS), Knight (tank), Wizard (ranged DPS) and Priest (support) with a variety of 16 different spells in total.
  • Interactive world. The idea is to make every sign, jar, crate etc. interactable, creating small side-stories and a world full of exploration and hidden loot.
  • Extensive profession and crafting system. The game its focus is on putting effort into crafting your own gear and weaponry along the way.
  • Item prefixes and suffixes. All crafted gear will generate its own different prefix and suffix, adding bonus stats and increasing the value.
  • Different instance styles. Dungeon crawls, puzzles, wave-styled dungeons etc. Including the option to scale the dungeon to max. level with fitting rewards.
  • Standard kill, deliver and collect quests spread across the world to help character progression and development.

EDIT: Media has been removed due to the disappointed interest of the community. For the once actually interested, I'd like to refer you to our discord, which has an up-to-date #:607_camera:sneak-peeks section.

Discord

The project has been in development for some time now and I decided to create a Discord server to start building a community and gather people for Alpha testing.
Silvershire is currently a one-man show, building upon the latest Intersect engine, and therefore members of AGD are more then welcome for help and support when interested!

ff5ca00bcd5f17d9fb42d0852979274b.png  JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER NOW!

54d982f90607e0c217566d9f738d39d8.png

Feel free to join our Discord, reply onto this topic or shoot a PM with feedback, additions, ideas or questions!

Hope to see you soon in the #:407_beer:tavern!

Cheers,
RocknRolla

On 2/16/2020 at 4:25 PM, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Looks good, keep it up buddy :)

Thanks mate, I try to post sneak peeks so now and then!

23 hours ago, Aesthetic said:

The mapping gives some real nice pokemon vibes I like it a lot!

Noice, that's exactly what I was striving to create!

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Xeno said:

The maps have a nice feel to them. I'm also a fan of the ground transitions, and added details. Keep up the great work.

Cheers mate! I am striving for detail, trying to achieve a nice mix between Pokemon / Zelda type of atmosphere.

Feel free to join our Discord for tips / discussions :)

It looks really good but please be careful. To me that looks exactly like the old Crystalshire UI which is pretty much the only UI that was never publicaly shared for reuse.

Robin does stop by every now and then and has been known to ask developers to cease using those assets in particular.

I'm not sure if this is all custom or not but I want to give a fair warning. 

Ricardo has also been warned for the use of the same assets in Crybits and plans to phase them out in the near future. 

Best of luck!

13 hours ago, jcsnider said:

It looks really good but please be careful. To me that looks exactly like the old Crystalshire UI which is pretty much the only UI that was never publicaly shared for reuse.

Robin does stop by every now and then and has been known to ask developers to cease using those assets in particular.

I'm not sure if this is all custom or not but I want to give a fair warning. 

Ricardo has also been warned for the use of the same assets in Crybits and plans to phase them out in the near future. 

Best of luck!

13 hours ago, Whitespirits said:

Project looks good! the crystalshire assets are really wasted, its been years and nothing has emerged with them other than people using them in games and then having to remove them.

Thank you for your advice, I understand your concern and critisism! (I was waiting for someone to point it out, haha;))

However, I would like to say that I revamped the AGD GUI to the custom GUI where it is now (as mentioned, inspired by Crystalshire), in the process using the same color scheme as the AGD tileset the game is using, to make sure it blends in properly.

I did not simply copy + paste Crystalshire's GUI nor used it's color-scheme (what seems to be the case with Crybits), that would be ridiculous.

Basically, instead of using a transparent background and opaque itemboxes (like the standard AGD GUI), I swapped it around, using a opaque background and transparent itemboxes (Indeed, what Crystalshire used to have aswell). My project's main colors are green, brown and silver (refer to the logo), which are basically the most standardized set of colors in "fantasy RPG universe" (obviously based on grass/forest, trees and stone).

Don't get me wrong here: I do see the point! However, I made it all myself, based upon the AGD GUI, using the AGD-tileset colors. 
Personally I think someone (ex. Robin) can't just tell me off because it has the same styling of a game he used to work on 9 years ago, tell me if I am wrong.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback, I make sure to make some changes here and there, in an effort to differentiate more!
RocknRolla

55 minutes ago, Beefy Kasplant said:

Doesn't help that you call it Silvershire and then copy the style though.

I don't care, and I don't know the legal backing that Robin has, but if you make something similar in style, colours and name, be prepared to have people question you.

To be honest: I couldn't care less about people questioning me. ;)

The whole idea behind the project is to re-create the atmopshere and setting of a classic 2D ORPG, like for example Pokemon, Zelda, Crystalshire and Nintendo-like games.
I used to play Crystalshire, loved it, and then got introduced to Touchofdeathforums / Eclipse, but we're talking about yeaaar ago now. That the game might remind people of bits from those games is only a compliment!

53 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

I ultimately think it looks different enough, but I do post the blanket warning because most people don't actually know. Best of luck! :)

I appreciate the warning, thanks. Imo criticism and feedback will only strengthen the project :)

I mean, you do you man. But removing all media in a fit of rage doesn't really paint you or your project in a good light.

Personal feelings on that aside, I reckon having kept the media around and pointing towards your discord for more up-to-date information would bring in more traffic than saying "Yeah, just go here to check on this project I'm not showing you".

3 hours ago, Joyce said:

I mean, you do you man. But removing all media in a fit of rage doesn't really paint you or your project in a good light.

Personal feelings on that aside, I reckon having kept the media around and pointing towards your discord for more up-to-date information would bring in more traffic than saying "Yeah, just go here to check on this project I'm not showing you".

A fit of rage? Please don't get me wrong: no hard feelings to anyone!

It's just that I had the feeling that most of the AGD members are more focussed/interested upon their own project instead of others (and this makes sense!). 

I decided to remove the media in the thread in an attempt to force people to join the Discord, as I'd love to gather more (actually) interested people to receive feedback, and help me testing etc!

I am just focussing my efforts on other means of promotion / development, as it has proven there was barely any response here and therefore I decided to just refer to the game's discord for the once interested ;)

Hope that makes sense,

RocknRolla