[WIP] Life Forge

Zetasis

I've been playing it for a little while now, and while it flows (fairly?) well, I don't think this was ever designed with more than 2-3 people trying to level in mind. The maps are small, linear, the mob spawns limited and there's one quest per map for the mobs on said map (generally). If there's more than 10 players starting at the same time (as might happen with a Steam launch!) what are they supposed to do? there's not enough monsters or space to go around for them to play on.

Aside from that concern, I've noticed a few other minor points:

• If I am underlevelled for a quest, it doesn't tell me what level I -do- need to be to pick it up. Making me backtrack to every quest giver I know of every level.
  • Talents do not show you what level they require, making me try if I can go to a higher tier every level so I don't miss out on the higher stat gains.
  • Some of the menu buttons don't really tell me what they do. For example: The big gold G for talents looks like a cash shop icon. The book for settings looks like a questlog, the trading icon looks like a mailbox, the party icon looks like a friendlist, the guild menu.. I don't know what that's supposed to be and the Title menu looks more like a world map.
  • A lot of the menus don't have a clear button to close them. Especially on the fullscreen ones I feel like a big ol' X to close it somewhere would really help.
  • Hitting escape closes the game rather then closing all UI items, and when there's none open it could open up a menu with settings and the exit game button.
  • Keybinds? Not sure how well hitting WSAD will go over on an AZERTY keyboard.
  • Only being able to switch maps on a road through Warp tiles looks incredibly cheap and makes it even more linear. Why aren't the maps connected properly? Why can't I go to somewhere that is clearly there and not blocked off just because there's no road there? Or why are entire sections just straight up fenced off except for the road?
  • All the quests I've done so far are completely uninspired, gather X of Y or kill X of Y. No threaded storylines that take me on a journey, no characters you get to know over time. I get it, you want a more open feel to the world and making linear story quests would probably limit you doing this. But in only making these basic quests where you gather or kill 12-20 things you're not making a very interesting experience for players either.

It's a fairly solid base, but there's some (QoL) things holding it back a bit, and I know some of them are part of the Eclipse Legacy, but that doesn't mean we can't move past them and do it right.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

First off, sorry for the lack of communication of late! We've all been super busy working on Life Forge these last few days to give you all the best experience we can!

So, as you can probably discern from the title, we're going to have to delay our release until next Friday/Saturday. We simply could not finish all the new zones, features, art, and content we intend to release with in time. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we hope we can appease you with these screenshots of some of the new content we'll be Launching with 

Peek1.png

Peek2.png

Peek3.png

Again, we're very sorry for the delay, but we feel it is the best for everyone involved. More news on the new content and features soon!

15 hours ago, SkywardRiver said:

Hey guys!

First off, sorry for the lack of communication of late! We've all been super busy working on Life Forge these last few days to give you all the best experience we can!

So, as you can probably discern from the title, we're going to have to delay our release until next Friday/Saturday. We simply could not finish all the new zones, features, art, and content we intend to release with in time. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we hope we can appease you with these screenshots of some of the new content we'll be Launching with 

Peek1.png

Peek2.png

Peek3.png

Again, we're very sorry for the delay, but we feel it is the best for everyone involved. More news on the new content and features soon!

Looks beautiful. Is that a new tier armour set?

• 3 weeks later...

So I noticed two potential issues as far as copy right goes. IDK i could be wrong, but the fishing sound in "Life Forge" sounds like the cooking sound in RuneScape (c), not just sounds like but accuratley sounds like., and the general store sound upon a purchase sounds like the "Roller Coaster: Tycoon" sounds. Idk if that is just a generic sounds but just letting you know.

I could be wrong and correct me if I am. Its the little things man you gotta be careful with.

• 3 weeks later...

Macro Gamer and Synapse 2.0 can easily Macro/bot any game but some block Macro but Synapse has a built in un detection software to make your pc work without you even there to mine and kill things without being present on your pc... Nin Online saids its a ban-able offense its pretty hard to truth determine if there actually 3rd party hacking or not. Common Sense like that Youtuber that did a expression knew from jump that players were botting with a 3rd party tool.

Some botters got advanced and can goto maps by maps and perform like there normal players which is insane, but I'm allow botting on my Game due to the fact that overnight training your Saiyan would be fine, cause the area will be only to Donators and takes awhile to level up high anyway... Feature References. Gonna be kinda the same as dbz games on Byond.com overnight training. :)! But my game is understandable for it. Basically you be training idle in the Time Chamber and it take a good bit of time to gain a good amount of exp overtime. Anyways back on topic! You guys did amazing job on Life Forge. Good luck with the game and new content adding!