Intersect Beta 4.2 Released!

jcsnider

984549685492.png

Intersect Beta 4.2 Released!

August 24th 2017

News/Updates

We've just released Beta 4.2 with general bug fixes to fix minor problems plaguing Beta 4 and 4.1.

Problems fixed:

Tile transparency issues (100%) - Thanks @Miharukun, @lpanic, @Murdoc, @Kauecamelo for helping test!

Map grid not caching correctly

Map Editor scrolling when changing tilesets

NPC Spawn directions being ignored

Broken tranformations

Random crashes

Fill/Erase tools crashing editor

Quests being offered multiple times when accepting/declining

Global Event Move Routes

Playing Animations/Spawning Npcs with Events

Editor flickering when using tilesets with UTF8 characters in the name - Sorry for the trouble @Refur

and more!

Up Next

There might be one more hotfix release (Beta 4.3) but probably not. We are going to shift our focus to Beta 5. We promise Beta 5 won't take nearly as long as Beta 4 did! Beta 5 will bring a lot more control over spell casting/hit animations, weapon animations, resource behavior before and on death, and more!

Download

If you are already using Beta 4 or Beta 4.1 just download 4.2 and extract that archive in place of your current game. Run the migration tool in the Server folder!

If you are currently using Intersect Beta 3 (or 3.1) click upgrade below! (You can upgrade from Beta 3/3.1 straight to Beta 4.2) Otherwise click clean install.

Upgrade Installation

Clean Installation

As always please keep in touch with us and report all bugs that you find!

3 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Just a fair warning.. I did indeed break common events in this iteration. (Events in general should be a lot more efficient now, though :) )

There will be a Beta 4.3 sometime soon. I might wait a week or so just so we catch any extra big bugs before starting the Beta 5 sprint.

You break everything <3

• 1 month later...

Amazing work!

Quick question:

Beta 5 will bring a lot more control over spell casting/hit animations, weapon animations

Will Beta 5 also bring more control over entity sprites? I'd love to be able to add extra frames to walking animations or to add casting animations for sprites.

23 hours ago, Zoagel said:

Amazing work!

Quick question:

Will Beta 5 also bring more control over entity sprites? I'd love to be able to add extra frames to walking animations or to add casting animations for sprites.

@Zoagel More than likely will have to wait for open source to add that feature, they have more important debugging and development road maps to conquer before going to adding wanted features. Take a gander at the road map to have a better idea what to expect in upcoming beta and finalized product releases will have in-store for you.

• 3 weeks later...