Intersect Beta 3 Released!

984549685492.png

Intersect Beta 3 Released!

March 21st 2017

News/Updates

Editor is completely dark themed now.

No matter where you look darkness will surround you :)

a85ec9c0d1f507ce937074e8827de73a.png

Multi-Language support for our Non-English speaking friends.

Pretty simple. Open the resources/languages folder in the client, editor, server, or migration tool after running for the first time.

Copy the Client.English.xml, Editor.English.xml, Server.English.xml or Migrator.English.xml and change English to you language of choice.

Open your .xml files in notepad and replace the English strings with your language.

Finally open the Client, Editor, Server, or Migrator resources/config.xml and add this line but replace English with your language.

<Language>English</Language>

The correct language will be loaded automatically when running Intersect programs.

9ab34d459a443186b945dc0aabba70f1.png

You can allow players to walk through each other (or not) based on map type.

These settings can be found in your server/resources/config.xml file. You can change whether or not players should be able to walk through each other on different map types.

412377f0c73f3aa4b3fdf0be4c47315b.png

You can change paperdoll rendering order based on direction players are facing.

These options are also now available in the server/resources/config.xml. Feel free to change them however fits your game best!

869c0c794619e27035a43e8423ec4fa5.png

Bags are now an item type for players to have extra item storage.

In the item editor you can set items to be bags and you can set their capacity. Users will then receive what looks like an extra inventory when using bag items:

3529680d3d4eef21c07ee5c065f7e864.png

Projectile shot spells and weapons can require ammo!

These options are found in the projectile editor :) 

202074a413b737703a4defa3b0363a90.png

Dynamic Requirements

Dynamic requirements lets to make several lists of conditions to use items, cast spells, start quests, and farm resources.

Each of those use cases may have 0 or many condition lists. Condition lists allow you to create multiple sets of conditions that would allow using the item, casting the spell, etc. While you can have several lists of conditions, only one list has to be fully met to allow whatever action to occur.

So for example in the past you were able to say that an item required the player be level 10 and the player must be a warrior. Now you could create items that require the player to be a level 10 warrior, or a level 5 tank, or a level 20 mage, or they have completed X quest.  Dynamic requirements uses event conditional branches under the hood so you can permit or prohibit interactions with items/spells based on event switches, server settings and more.

It will take some practice, and we will have to work on documenting this feature, but the scope of Intersect games just expanded significantly.

Download

If you are currently using Intersect Beta 2 click upgrade! Otherwise click clean install.

Upgrade Installation

Clean Installation

As always, feel free to post comments and questions below!

@jcsnider KISS ME, YOUR BEAUTIFUL. well, loved the new features. @SPQR Panda was a great aquisition to the team. I've got one question, you guys will release the code when the engine is complete? do you have plans to a guild / clan system? I'm also making a project in this wonderful engine, but I have no topic yet. soon I will make a topic, see ya guys!

YES!!! Been waiting for this one. I think I am going to go ahead and do a clean install and just start from scratch at this point. What I really want is 8 directional movement. Once source is out this will be my number one priority. An engine as great as this should have 8 directional movement. You guys are slowly moving us out of the stone ages (VB6) so how about moving us out of the horrible 4 directional movement as well.

Great job on B3 everyone. More tutorials will soon be added ;)

12 hours ago, Ambard said:

YES!!! Been waiting for this one. I think I am going to go ahead and do a clean install and just start from scratch at this point. What I really want is 8 directional movement. Once source is out this will be my number one priority. An engine as great as this should have 8 directional movement. You guys are slowly moving us out of the stone ages (VB6) so how about moving us out of the horrible 4 directional movement as well.

Great job on B3 everyone. More tutorials will soon be added ;)

Not gunna happen. Barely any free character sets support 8 directional movement frames. Projectiles move can already move diagonally so implementing 8 directional movement is half done for you :)

I've just updated the Install Script to work with this version. (NOTE: This is an INSTALL script, not an upgrade script! Do not use this to go from one version to the next, while it might work I am not responsible for breaking your server if you try it.)

I've also noticed that on Linux I had to copy the upgrade tool's libraries next to the executable to make it work. Not a big problem, but keep it in mind if you're upgrading this on a Linux box.

4 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Not gunna happen. Barely any free character sets support 8 directional movement frames. Projectiles move can already move diagonally so implementing 8 directional movement is half done for you :)

All my character sets include 8 directional movement as well as attacks, deaths, casting, etc. Once source is out we will have 8 directional movement within a short time.

1 hour ago, Ambard said:

All my character sets include 8 directional movement as well as attacks, deaths, casting, etc. Once source is out we will have 8 directional movement within a short time.

For the base, however, Kibz has a point very few people have graphic sets with 8 dir sprites. It is possible to do 8 dir movement in such a way with a 4 direction sprite but then it comes down to the question of would 80%/90% or more users benefit from 8 dir movement? Probably not :/

I would definitely expect 8 dir movement to be around shortly after release of the engine but as a source tutorial or as a feature users will likely try to sell.