Introduce Yourself Thread!

jcsnider

Hey everyone, My name is Jacob and for my alias I just go by Tylias (pronounced Till-eye-us, everyone gets it wrong haha). I used to make games with the old Eclipse Stable/Eclipse Origins engine and out of nowhere i decided to join this community again after taking a big hiatus to pursue music. I decided to blend my talents, I plan on offering my music as score and designing sound effects for peoples projects! If you wish to hear some of my own personal songs they are on my website link in my profile, and you can always message me if you need sound work done for a project :) Cheers! looking forward to meeting you guys and gals.

Welcome to the forum man, always great to see a new face, don't think I've seen you around before! We have a variety of skill sets around the forum and are always (of course) looking for more people to help develop their MORPGS! Composers are hard to come by, so with that, welcome to the community and please enjoy your stay!

4 hours ago, Zesh said:

Zeshy here. I've known about this site for so long now but never felt like signing up until earlier today before I went off to work. Make of that what you will. Also, back in the day, me and JC used to spend our time in an XAT chatroom working on our Pokemon games and programming :P

You, JC, and now Damian have all let me down with pokemon games... :'( Sad day. Oh well Life moves on.

Oh wow, the good ole XAT days. What a time to be alive. Welcome to the forums Zesh, always been a quality and active member!! Always great to see familiar faces, if you need anything at all please just ask!

Hey all, name is Jeff and like Jc, I started years ago with a Mirage-based engine called "Elysium". Then, I learned how to program in VB6 which really kick-started my passion for game development & programming. Since, I've graduated from High School (yeah I was that annoying 13 yo years ago), graduated from College (B.A.S in Game Development from Full Sail) and landed a dream job at Rockstar Games as a Game Designer. I never thought I'd be a designer, it always intimidated me because I've always been more of a technical nerd but I suppose my mind does have a good sense of imagination and creativity after all. I no longer dabble in indie-development or these MMO engines anymore but I've always had an attachment to these communities that will never rest. So while I may not be developing anything here, I'll gladly check our your projects, offer feedback and just try to have some fun with like-minded individuals. 

The engine here looks like a great start and the editor is very impressive looking IMO. Hoping to see big things come out of here.

Rockstar Games? Dude that's like a dream for so many people, congratulations! On another note welcome to the the forum and I hope you enjoy your stay, great to have a game designer around. 

Thanks guys, glad to be here! There's a couple of guys that grew into the industry from these communities which is pretty cool. Still though, there's something special about this niche corner in games. I'd love to see one or more of these projects make it onto a platform like Steam. Hell, I have a friend who has a game published on PS4 and soon to XBO, when can I see a good 2D ORPG make its way to one of those platforms *applies more pressure haha*? :)