Open Alpha [wip] Dungeons of Epic Loot!

OniSensei

cf12fe4ee6b047a756d72b1eac507e18.png

Name: Dungeons of Epic Loot!

Engine: Intersect Engine

Current Progress: We are currently in the early alpha, only because I like to test things as I go. Right now we have a few people testing the game for me to help me break things as I make them. I am working on this project daily and making good progress. I plan and hope to add more staff soon, but for now lets break my game!

Story: 

Spoiler

The deep matters of the universe cradled the waves of life, on which all beings would sway soothingly. This perfect universe was called the Sea of Souls.

Life would bring shine to the Sea of Souls.

Gods were created, to watch over all life among the planets. And named  after each of the Gods and Goddesses that would look after them: Arua, Eldeon, Orlo, Karkia, Skaaj, and Hebarn.

Each planet's inhabitants lived in happiness, idolizing their respective God or Goddess, and reveling in the pleasures that living under their protection and rule brought.

But all was not harmonious for long. The Dark God Hebarn disbanded from the other gods, and his plots to destroy the universe began.

Soon, the gossips about strange visitors started. The Visitors protect life, and make right from all that is wrong. They are divine beings; they seldom suffer from hunger or thirst, they do not need as much sleep as most other creatures, but they can hurt, they can love. And they can help.

Bare Bone Desc: 

Spoiler

As the title might suggest, the game is a dungeon crawler. The premis of the game is to traverse the depths of the dungeon and find a way to stop hebarn from destroying the universe. The towns are safezones but the dungeons is a lawless land where players have been known to meet a tragic end at the hands of a friend. Random floors of the dungeon will be towns/cities of varying sizes with different quests.

Current  Staff: Myself [-DefaulT]

Screen Shots:

Spoiler

Custom Launcher/Patcher

0bb8ad954e4d8148193dada0ec4d42d4.png

Start Town

88a46a65069df42826daf59072390925.png

5d8a2bc534a7b233a0b1685c88006fa7.png

Dungeon 1 In Game Example

a106812fd08e309d5353cfc00b6bf95b.png

Enchanting from +1 to +11

0d1483d5dc03e81d0747f85bbb8d8b40.png

Fishing

f0e41fb2189371047dd1a305de7bbf7d.png

Sub Dungeons (chests spawn after all npcs are dead)

5e41ba5a989f698398930c3bbf4f860d.png

9c67d7413b960a47ea76c6d8b6a4e4b7.png

b8d73c6eca9ea53bcd574eb77c5f7ab4.png

Plans:

Spoiler

Right now the game consists of the start town and the first floor of the dungeon (25 maps total). The plan is to add a boss to every floor and make many many more floors (short term goal 50, long term 100+). This means a lot of tilesheet recolors in the future to add variety, as well as monster recolors.

Some key features in the works:

[+] Item refining (+1 -  +9)

[+] Items to level 50+

[+] Conditional 2nd classes w/ class change quest (i.e warrior -> champion or knight)

[+] Rings / Necklaces / Face Items 

Right now the plan is to stress test, and refine stats/damage formulas.

Currently testing rev. 4 damage formula.

http://doelmmo.com

Download:

http://doelmmo.com/downloads/doel.zip

Discord:

https://discord.gg/k2XwxJM

If you test the game please report bugs or suggestions to the discord or to this thread, discord generally gets a quicker response.

If i failed to meet any requirments for posting here please let me know.

Looks decent but there is one major graphical thing that bothers me. The time fantasy and rpg maker tiles meshed together doesn’t flow well. Meshing retro styled graphics and modern looking graphics is a big no no. Just thought I would try and help you out a bit. 

Just updated all the graphics to time fantasy style so they all match now, pushed out an update, anybody that downloaded the game previously i would suggest deleting it and re-downloading (you dont have to, you could just download and overwrite them but youll be left with a lot of old graphics for no reason)

I am currently still working on all the paperdolls as this will be time consuming they will be pushed out and made on an "as i need" basis.

21 minutes ago, defaultx said:

Just updated all the graphics to time fantasy style so they all match now, pushed out an update, anybody that downloaded the game previously i would suggest deleting it and re-downloading (you dont have to, you could just download and overwrite them but youll be left with a lot of old graphics for no reason)

I am currently still working on all the paperdolls as this will be time consuming they will be pushed out and made on an "as i need" basis.

It would be nice to update the screenshots to show the time fantasy tileset.

3 minutes ago, defaultx said:

I actually like the tile set, and being his patreon i get a lot of new stuff almost daily so... jiggly

I like the tileset too, but the point is that these tilesets had been used for many people. Of course you can use whatever you want, but we like to watch people using custom assets, that always gives originality points to the projects. It's not easy for us enjoying screenshots of different games using the same assets because of the "this assets again" feelings, but anyways, what really matters is if you like them or not, if you want to use these assets in your project then don't listen to assholes like me and be happy creating your own universe.

2 hours ago, Khaikaa said:

I like the tileset too, but the point is that these tilesets had been used for many people. Of course you can use whatever you want, but we like to watch people using custom assets, that always gives originality points to the projects. It's not easy for us enjoying screenshots of different games using the same assets because of the "this assets again" feelings, but anyways, what really matters is if you like them or not, if you want to use these assets in your project then don't listen to assholes like me and be happy creating your own universe.

I appreciate the feedback. Hopefully ill use them differently then other ;D

9 hours ago, Damian666 said:

oh ffs...

you also use that ugly ass tileset etc? awww

and here I was hoping this would be a great game :(

@Damian666 I can’t believe you spoke that way about Time Fantasy! I love those graphics personally.

Anyways, looks like a solid start for sure. Keep it up!

• 2 months later...