[C#] Lupus Engine - The First Complete Open Source C# Orpg Engine

TheNuclearWolf

Poll  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What features would you like to see implemented next?

• Guilds - Guild houses, ranks, player titles etc
    • Seamless maps - A smooth transition between connected maps
    • Friend system - Allow players to friend others
    • Swear Word Filter - Block certain words from being said in chat
    • Auction house - Allow players to put items up for sale for other players to buy either for full price or bid to try and get it cheaper
    • Bounty system - Player killers build up a Bounty over time, If a Non player killer kills a PK they can collect the Bounty at a specific spot
    • Auto port forward - Automatically port forward so you dont need todo it yourself
    • A more power Event System - An event system closer to being on par with Intersect
    • True Bosses - NPC's can have Stages and can Evolve mid combat like in some games where you have to defeat the boss multiple times each time getting harder
    • Custom Scripts - Create scripts triggered by events using an Easy language so anyone can do it
    • Particle system - Create epic animations with nothing but parameters, Fire, Smoke, Ice blasts, Lazers anything you want with a powerful and easy Particle system!

2 minutes ago, TheNuclearWolf said:

Você poderia elaborar o que você quer dizer com mascote de território?

e um sistema de guilda já está planejado

Do you know about player land sales systems? It's like that, but instead of selling, guilds fight for territory. This system of selling land or houses that I mentioned is not a bad idea either.  About pets, it has nothing to do with guilds. I just said that you should also implement
a pet mascot system.

8 minutes ago, placido said:

Do you know about player land sales systems? It's like that, but instead of selling, guilds fight for territory. This system of selling land or houses that I mentioned is not a bad idea either.  About pets, it has nothing to do with guilds. I just said that you should also implement
a pet mascot system.

a Territory system sounds interesting, though it would be a lot of work but ill look into it.

Pets are already implemented

3 hours ago, TheNuclearWolf said:

Added some 8 Directional Movement still working on it, It will be toggleable once im done

8 Directional Movement fully implemented and toggleable!

You should stop adding things to the engine. Else jc, kibz and panda will have work on intersect all those years for nothing xD

I'll try the new build tonight.

1 minute ago, Gibier said:

You should stop adding things to the engine. Else jc, kibz and panda will have work on intersect all those years for nothing xD

I'll try the new build tonight.

Who said that isnt already the case? hehe, Na Intersect is still a better engine.. for now... Its a lot more stable, Lupus still has more bugs then intersect. Especially Server Crash's :\ ASFW the networking library is giving me lots of problems.
Luckily for jc and em, my focus from now on is Improving what i have and stability... once im happy with it next on my list is a Proper Boss system with Stages each stage they get stronger. Then a friend list, better events, a Guild system merged with the house system to give guilds Headquarters and much more.. soo.. Im comin for ya intersect ;)

5 minutes ago, TheNuclearWolf said:

Quem disse que esse já não é o caso? hehe, o Na Intersect ainda é um mecanismo melhor .. por enquanto ... É muito mais estável, o Lupus ainda tem mais bugs do que se cruza. Especialmente Server Crash's : \ ASFW, a biblioteca de rede está me causando muitos problemas.
Felizmente para jc e em, meu foco a partir de agora é melhorar o que tenho e a estabilidade ... uma vez que estou feliz com isso a seguir na minha lista, é um sistema de chefe adequado com estágios a cada estágio que eles ficam mais fortes. Em seguida, uma lista de amigos, melhores eventos, um sistema da guilda fundido com o sistema da casa para dar a sede da guilda e muito mais .. soo .. Estou chegando para cruzar;)

The Lupus it's getting good. 

All you have to do is beautiful as crossover, especially as full screen and organized options. I imagine how difficult it is for you alone, but keep improving, because despite the work is very useful. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Slayer said:

I tried Lupus out, it's a feature loaded engine. Very user friendly. However it does have some issues with crashes as stated. I like the direction it's going though, it's going to be a good tool for game dev.

:D Im glad you liked it! Im actively working on clearing out all the crashes hopefully i can get it nice and stable soon!

Added A* pathfinding for Pets and NPC, fully compatable with 4 and 8 directional movement and works with instanced maps/houses.
Pet movement is also nice and smooth now :D and they arent completely retarded anymore!

Ill stick with Lupus then

- Update

Added some basic UI Configuration, currently only the Main Menu, You can customise both the design and layout!

6 hours ago, TheNuclearWolf said:

Added A* pathfinding for Pets and NPC, fully compatable with 4 and 8 directional movement and works with instanced maps/houses.
Pet movement is also nice and smooth now :D and they arent completely retarded anymore!

Ill stick with Lupus then

- Update

Added some basic UI Configuration, currently only the Main Menu, You can customise both the design and layout!

A* is nice but take it a look cause it may follow undesired patterns, like approachibg always from above when npc is at 2 tiles from you. I havnt tested your engine so idk if its the case but it happens very often

23 minutes ago, Khaikaa said:

A* is nice but take it a look cause it may follow undesired patterns, like approachibg always from above when npc is at 2 tiles from you. I havnt tested your engine so idk if its the case but it happens very often

Its based of the same ones found in most vb6 engines with it, I made a few modifications added 8 directional support, Improved a couple things and ported it to c#. So it MAY still have issues like that, I myself havent noticed anything with it yet though. I was making my own system, Though I couldnt find any reason not to just port the old ones they seemed to work fine.. so if the old ones are broken.. heh... :P

Just a quick question. I know Orion had an option in the code to give the player an attack frame. Is that still in the code for this engine? If so, might be a cool feature. Maybe even expand on it so npcs also have an attack frame and maybe add a casting animations for players and npcs. Just some thoughts. 

6 hours ago, Zetasis said:

Just a quick question. I know Orion had an option in the code to give the player an attack frame. Is that still in the code for this engine? If so, might be a cool feature. Maybe even expand on it so npcs also have an attack frame and maybe add a casting animations for players and npcs. Just some thoughts. 

Lupus base is Orion+ I ported tthe ENTIRE engine 1:1 to c# So yup :D And i may indeed expand on it, Im quite tired of the boring Half walk attack animation xD