Intersect Beta 5 Release Plans - Updated!

jcsnider
Message added by jcsnider

Topic locked, B5 is now out and can be found here!

984549685492.png

Beta 5 Release Plans

November 12th, 2018

We are finally wrapping up Beta 5!

Sorry it has taken so long to get this out... there's been a lot going on.. and we want to make sure we do this right.  The good news is that B5 is going to be awesome, there's a ton of cool new features,  dozens of quality of life improvements, an entire new database engine, and major general improvements to our code base. 

With any update this large you should all expect to find a LOT of bugs that will need to be worked out. We did rewrite the entire database engine this update, and we haven't had an opportunity to stress it out yet, so we're hoping you all can help us from this point on :) 

Our ultimate goal with this release plan is to avoid a situation where you all go several weeks developing your games, and then we realize there is a big problem which would cause some or all of you all to lose your work.

With all that said, our current plan is to release Beta 5 in three stages:

Stage 1 (Game Testing) - Out Now!

Awhile back @Kibbelz designed a small game that I could use for testing and to demo our game engine. I've finally worked out all the bugs and upgraded this demo game to Beta 5.  So during our first stage of release we're asking all of you to download the Intersect Demo Game and play it for a bit.

Game Preview:

2fef2beb64db64bd55675de29dd88343.png

Things to test for:

- Anything that would crash your client or our server.

- All interactions with other players (trading, partying up, chatting, pvp, etc)

- Logging in and out a lot, and making sure the server succeeds in saving your location, items, etc

- New hotkeys, logout functions, targeting moving targets, and everything else lol

Where to report bugs/issues:

Bug Tracker

Download Link:

Click Here!

Stage 2 (Closed, Full Engine Testing) - Concluded!

I want 3-4 people to give  the full Beta 5 a try in a closed test over the next 2-3 days. Let's find the major bugs and patch them up, and then the community can come together to help us work out the rest. Looking for people who can dedicate several hours a day 3-4 each day over the next 2-3 days. Are you interested? Let me know by filling out the form below, so I can pick the best group of testers for this task.

Intersect Beta 5, Stage 1.5 Candidacy Form

Stage 3 (Full Release) - Out Now!

See here for the official release thread!

Thanks for bearing with us all this time! Intersect is going to be much better off moving forward due to all these changes :) 

If all versions of B4 work perfectly, when it comes to opening the test game first, another error appears, but it was because I did not have net framework, I installed version 4.7.1 and from there I started a common error what to do see in the image

Hey guys, just found this thing literally 2min ago and want to make an epic mmo.

No idea what i'm doing to use this program - how do I start crafting my dream game?
Stuck on a screen that is trying to connect to a server.

49 minutes ago, Zaq said:

Hey guys, just found this thing literally 2min ago and want to make an epic mmo.

No idea what i'm doing to use this program - how do I start crafting my dream game?
Stuck on a screen that is trying to connect to a server.

This is an early stage release for Intersect Beta 5 — it's a game made using Intersect, but not the engine itself.

If you want to make your own game, you're gonna want to download the current version 4.9.1 here: https://www.ascensiongamedev.com/files/

I don't know if its any priority, but i tested the demo game on Linux (Ubuntu 18.04) with mono.

The launcher starts but the text is kind of funky. Seems to work tho.

c804f1f1a23b8f30928697cb0da2dd63.png

When it finishes and tries to start the game it just crashes.

#:~/Downloads/Demo Game$ mono Demo\ Game.exe 
Gtk-Message: 13:40:18.777: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

Unhandled Exception:
System.BadImageFormatException: Could not resolve field token 0x0400042d
File name: 'Intersect Client'

If i try to run the client.exe in the data dir it gives the same unhandled exception (last 2 lines of the shell output above).

An internet search seems to point to BadImageFormatException being an issue with the target platform (32/64bit)... However, as far as i can see, both 4.9.1 and this beta 5 client are compiled for 32bit, to that should't be an issue.

Lol the launcher should have never worked at all, but it’s cool that it did. And I sorta expected the client to crash on Mac and Linux for the moment. The only thing on the roadmap for me to do is test and resolve cross platform issues. No worries, that won’t take long :) 

I got this error when opening the napsack.

5bf0091c96adb85d86b6ea0614d28245.png

I think I found another bug every time I craft the "good boots" it seems the server crashes. Then When I login after server crashes my character is locked in place until I logout which gives me another error.

9a8c5cd7b6e986efe5f85af223cd6360.png

A small bug in the game with the fire sword it isn't 2 handed.