Intersect Beta 4 Released!

jcsnider

984549685492.png

Intersect Beta 4 Released!

August 19th 2017

News/Updates

Friends list, chat channels, automatic port forwarding, xp style autotiles, faster networking, dynamic ui, multiple character support, fixed combat, custom credits, keybindings, spell effects hud, paperdoll rendering within the ui, and more is included in this update. This is a big one, and we're happy we finally have it ready for everybody.

For more information about each specific update see the following dev logs:

Dynamic UI

In Beta 4 there are 2 xml files in your Client/Resources/GUI folder. You can edit these xml files (MainMenu.xml, InGame.xml) to resize, reposition, hide, or otherwise modify UI elements in your game. You have full control over fonts, text sizes, colors, button locations, and a lot more.  I will be working on some official documentation on how to modify these xml files over the course of the next few weeks.

The Future

This is possibly the biggest update we've ever released. As such we expect plenty of bugs to manifest for you all. We will quickly follow up with Beta 4.1 as we fix the early and most annoying bugs you find.  Beta 5 will have a lot of smaller quality of life changes. Beta 6 will likely be the last Beta release.  For more info you can view our roadmap here:

https://www.ascensiongamedev.com/community/forum/90-roadmap/

Download

If you are currently using Intersect Beta 3 (or 3.1) click upgrade! Otherwise click clean install.

Upgrade Installation

Clean Installation

As always, feel free to post comments and questions below!

I'm excited to try this version! My favorite feature with this release, is the dynamic UI. This will be very useful.

It is possible to give us more details on the "faster networking" and "fixed combat"?

I'm wondering what interactions will be faster with the networking (maybe everything in general due to a change in the networking library?)

Also, combat is a huge thing for a game engine, so I'm interested in what "fixed combat" means.

Thank you and keep up the good work!

The scaling values in Beta 3/3.1 were not being recorded correctly in the editor making npcs stronger than they should be. That was just a fixed bug.

Faster networking is us switching to the Lidgren library over System.Net.TcpClient -- @pandacoder can elaborate.

This version is actually a lot more buggy than expected. We will get a patch version out ASAP. Use at your own risk, it still mostly works :) 

Edit @Raku:

Animated sprites were also added in Beta 4, open your Server/Resources/Config.xml and add a line like this in the <Misc></Misc> section

<AnimatedSprites>1.png,2.png,bat.png</AnimatedSprites>

eb8705e69c54bde03e89d5646d997663.png

On 8/19/2017 at 1:06 AM, jcsnider said:

Animated sprites were also added in Beta 4, open your Server/Resources/Config.xml and add a line like this in the <Misc></Misc> section

<AnimatedSprites>1.png,2.png,bat.png</AnimatedSprites>

eb8705e69c54bde03e89d5646d997663.png

Could you please explain what animated sprites are used for and how exactly its used? The XML value makes sense, I just don't understand what its used for. I tested it out and I can see that if i set 1.png to an animated sprite, it will auto loop through the animation frames on my character. What practical solutions could this be used for? I assume an animated non-moving npc maybe.