Automatic Port Forwarding, Multi-Char, and More! July 17th 2017   News and Updates It's safe to say that we're finally wrapping up all of the planned Intersect features and are starting to shift our focus towards bug fixes, performance updates, and general quality of life stuff. I have some really exciting stuff to talk through tonight and then it should get a little boring leading up to our final release.     Automatic Port Forwarding!!!!! The difficulties of port forwarding have inhibited these style of games for over a decade! Most of our users do not have the technical background to host games on their own home networks. Some simply didn't have the credentials required to modify their router settings. Moving forward this will be much less of a problem. Most routers these days support UPnP where apps like ours can request that ports be opened automatically with no work on your part, and we're taking advantage of those features but we're not stopping there!   When your Intersect server starts, and after it tries to automatically port forward, it will ask AGD to make sure your server is open and accessible to the public. At the same time, AGD will tell your server what it's external or public ip address is. When we bring all of this together we get an extraordinary amount of information regarding your network setup so we can help everyone get their games online with as little effect as possible.     If UPnP Automatic Port Forwarding works, but AGD cannot connect to your server then you get debugging tips and ideas on where the problem lies:     Keybindings I had this working months ago but never really discussed it. You can now set and modify your own keybindings within the Intersect client     Multi-Char Change one value in your server's config.xml to allow your players to create multiple characters per account.     Your most recently played characters show up first on the selection screen       Credits Page Our credits are a huge WIP, we will have a list of probably 50+ names when all said and done with the final release. We wanted to have a nice way to display credits and allow you to change them for your own games. Access the credits page from the main menu and modify credits easily via an xml file.       Status Effects Hud Sped up by a spell? Getting killed by poison? Now you know what exactly is helping or harming your character! http://www.ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/c869daa2135a2ef02c7443f6c64b54ed.mp4     Paperdoll Rendering in Menus For a long time I had thought that we already had this. I never use paperdolls in my testing so I never knew this was missing. No more naked characters in the UI! Paperdolls are fully rendered everywhere     Whats next? I'm fixing bugs with Dynamic UI and then that will get it's own topic. We're still neck-deep in reworking our network code so keep your eyes open for open-tests around the site and in the shoutbox. No ETA for Beta 4 yet but that will be ready when everything is stabilized and performing better.   As always, feel free to post comments and questions below! We are excited to hear your thoughts on our progress!   -The Intersect Development Team