Untested Diagonal Movement

Shenmue

Patch updated. The NPCs and players can now do diagonal attacks and NPCs do not behave strangely when on diagonal any more. However the diagonal attack for the player is not that efficient in real fast game situation so I am going to work on auto diagonal hit when a target is on focus. After that I will probably check out for diagonal projectiles.

Spoiler

f256b63d6c8ebea2b9eab0544539af57.gif

Just need to download and patch again?

3 hours ago, Shenmue said:

Patch updated. The NPCs and players can now do diagonal attacks and NPCs do not behave strangely when on diagonal any more. However the diagonal attack for the player is not that efficient in real fast game situation so I am going to work on auto diagonal hit when a target is on focus. After that I will probably check out for diagonal projectiles.

Hide contents

f256b63d6c8ebea2b9eab0544539af57.gif

Looking good! 

This might just be a suggestion, but could you make the auto attacking an optional patch rather than including it by default? 

That sounds like an entirely different feature than just diagonal movement. 

It's not hard to get rid of it, but not really something I'd consider a requirement for diagonal movement.

Auto hit on focus is now enabled. However, when an entity is killed while being the target on auto attack, the auto attack is still enabled until another entity become the target. This is because I don't know how to make the entitybox of the selected enemy to null when he dies. I wish someone could help me with this.

Now I will probably work on diagonal projectiles feature.

Spoiler

760eddeb947934554977e2e6b69f2a86.gifYou still need to have more skill than me to use it well :7_sweat_smile:

On 4/4/2020 at 1:23 AM, Joyce said:

Looking good! 

This might just be a suggestion, but could you make the auto attacking an optional patch rather than including it by default? 

That sounds like an entirely different feature than just diagonal movement. 

It's not hard to get rid of it, but not really something I'd consider a requirement for diagonal movement.

Sure mate, if that is what you wish then there is no need to download the last two patches (V1.08 & V1.09) because it's basically what they do. You can also use the zip file to implement only the features you want. I will post a file later without those features

File now available. It's the basic one. I think this one will not have the diagonal projectiles too.

2 hours ago, Beefy Kasplant said:

I would love to see diagonal projectiles in the patch without auto attack personally. Might be nice for a lot of others too, that just want diagonal movement and attacks, but not the auto attack function

I see, I think I will put projectiles in a single patch so you may install the basic diagonal patch then diagonal projectiles one.

24 minutes ago, Rales99 said:

How to install a patch?

Everything is well explained in the Applying patches section of the developer tutorial.

Actually the auto hit sprite I've sent doesn't represent well the feature. Actually, it shows the issue I've found. Here is a more representative gif 

Spoiler

0a065d478211960cc84d9986725bd04e.gif

Edited by Shenmue
Added a more representative version of the auto hit

Why do we have to use patches?

Can you not just release the edited files so that we can copy paste?

I am not a fan of version control systems because of the amount of space that they take up on my disk, with all the changes, forks, clones etc..

At a minimum can you not  share the fork?

4 minutes ago, Julian said:

I am not a fan of version control systems because of the amount of space that they take up on my disk, with all the changes, forks, clones etc..

Forum rules, not much we can do about it.

Though, if version control fills up your disk.. Are you running a machine from the 80s? Hard drive space is worth nothing nowadays. :P

28 minutes ago, Julian said:

Stop whining and look at the changes the patch made if it's such a big deal to you.

18 minutes ago, Fugaku said:

The effort you have put into this system is admirable. I Hopefully there are more people like you who want to help others and that this community continues to grow.

Thanks haha

New version available with diagonal projectile features + auto hit feature updated so be sure to have the latest one if you don't want your your diagonal hitbox to be shady. Also, there's no more such thing as full version of the mod. Now there is the basic one (diagonal move and attack) + two optional features (auto hit and diagonal projectiles).

Spoiler

87f6dafb8e4c1d4ff3b17f8640a7423e.gif

I think the work on the mod is now complete (even if I've not tested the move route :29_smirk:). If you find some issues I will try to fix it. Feel free to improve the code and share it with the community.

2 minutes ago, Celtos said:

When a try to signoff the AutoAttack patch

0008-auto-hit-target-when-on-focus-mode.patch

http://prntscr.com/rsxtvt

Hmm.. I will test it on my side and will come back to you in PM. However, for now I recommend you to download the ZIP file and trying to install each diagonal patches individually in this order : 

"0008-auto-hit-target-when-on-focus-mode.patch",

"0009-hit-box-fix.patch",

"0011-hitbox-fix-2.patch"

O last package ive installed was

0006-offensive-npc-move-diagonal

When trying to add patch 0008

G:\Celtos Online\Intersect-Engine>git apply --check 0008-auto-hit-target-when-on-focus-mode.patch
error: patch failed: Intersect.Client/Entities/Player.cs:986
error: Intersect.Client/Entities/Player.cs: patch does not apply

OK ------- 0007-Diagonal-attack.patch

FAIL ------ 0008-auto-hit-target-when-on-focus-mode.patch

G:\Celtos Online\Intersect-Engine>git apply --check 0008-auto-hit-target-when-on-focus-mode.patch
error: patch failed: Intersect.Client/Entities/Player.cs:986
error: Intersect.Client/Entities/Player.cs: patch does not apply

I did it, I redid the whole step by step and it worked!

Working :D

Some bugs noticed.

He is attacking the monster that is in the direction of the last frame and not the SELECTED TARGET.
Selected target is in the middle, but he is following the DIAGONAL one, I believe because it was the last move before he started attacking.

Other than that, man the functions are getting perfect

11 hours ago, Beefy Kasplant said:

Stop whining and look at the changes the patch made if it's such a big deal to you.

You have already been reported once, it is just a simple request.I don't feel that it is a large request either. I suggest that you try to be less rude. 

2 minutes ago, Celtos said:

Working :D

Some bugs noticed.

He is attacking the monster that is in the direction of the last frame and not the SELECTED TARGET.
Selected target is in the middle, but he is following the DIAGONAL one, I believe because it was the last move before he started attacking.

Other than that, man the functions are getting perfect

Can you send a gif, because I am not sure to understand what you mean. You can download ScreenToGif application for that.

However, when no entities are on focus, indeed, the player attack in the last direction he moved.

Projectiles always move in the last direction the player moved.

Actually it's not a bug, in auto hit mode, the player has an hitbox so he must work a little to hit the target. The hitbox has 5 differents values for each direction. For exemple, when the player is facing right, the hitbox looks like this.

5217a1902adcdfa87b19602540a37d16.png

12 hours ago, Julian said:

Version control takes up minimal space and helps make sure you install stuff correctly. 

Regardless you can upload any patch into diffy.org and see the differences easily. 

error in console

is giving this error even crash the server

2020-04-04 19:20:21.485 [Error] 
  Message: The read cursor ended up beyond the array bounds, meaning that the given data is corrupted. Was the given data serialized using different settings? Did any of the classes/structs change?
    Stack:    at Ceras.CerasSerializer.Deserialize[T](T& value, Byte[] buffer, Int32& offset, Int32 expectedReadLength)
   at Ceras.CerasSerializer.Deserialize[T](Byte[] buffer)
   at Intersect.Network.Ceras.Deserialize(Byte[] data) in G:\Celtos Online\Intersect-Engine\Intersect (Core)\Network\Ceras.cs:line 71

I think it's something related to area attack. I removed the patch and no longer gave the error. I'll keep waiting to see if it will bug again

Afeter i removed the patch a get this bug

The NPC dont open the menu :(

Ive removed these patches

http://prntscr.com/rt37wq

-------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

I managed to solve the problem I put, I noticed a bug after all the installed packages, sometimes you can't click on the NPC / EVENT, you have to readjust the crosshairs, go back and forward to recognize the Player Action

https://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/44743e0beaaa8532c55688f4ed46859e.gif

• panda locked this topic