Untested Diagonal Movement

Shenmue

57 minutes ago, BrunoWrier said:

a3285b496212ef99760259cf02e865da.jpg

dont work

If you have those errors it is because you are not in the latest version of intersect engine source code.

Be sure to have fetched the origine (go to github desktop for that) after the pull request.

30e52f2ac3c772ca5894ddd1fba9ef49.png

Apply the patch on a development branch without modifications to be sure there is no more errors.

Edited by Shenmue

16 minutes ago, BrunoWrier said:

I fixed it, but now I can't attack diagonally, I can only attack diagonally if I click the 2 buttons to go diagonally while holding to attack

Yes Indeed it's how it works. Your last movement direction must be in diagonal if you want to hit in diagonal.

If you want a more easier way to attack, then use the auto attack hit feature. It works only with a target on focus.

10 minutes ago, BrunoWrier said:

walking in diagonal is more fast

Well can you send a gif about that? 

6 minutes ago, BrunoWrier said:

I don't know if this bug is from the jc or the mod, but the entities are strange when they are going to dodge things to escape, and I noticed that an entity just stopped being aggressive

Entities can stop to be agressive if you are too far from them. Edit: it depends of the value you put on the editor.

What do you mean by "are strange"?

Can you send gif for each bug report? It's hard to figure out what cause a bug.

Edited by Shenmue

2 minutes ago, Shenmue said:

Yes Indeed it's how it works. Your last movement direction must be in diagonal if you want to hit in diagonal.

If you want a more easier way to attack, then use the auto attack hit feature. It works only with a target on focus.

Well can you send a gif about that? 

Entities can stop to be agressive if you are too far from them.

What do you mean by "are strange"?

Can you send gif for each bug report? It's hard to figure out what cause a bug.

I mean, the entity was aggressive but it just stood still. Strange is because the cow was in the middle of some rocks and trees, and she was low on life, so she tried to escape, but she just kept walking around in totally buggy circles. sorry, i cant send gifs at moment

2 minutes ago, BrunoWrier said:

I mean, the entity was aggressive but it just stood still. Strange is because the cow was in the middle of some rocks and trees, and she was low on life, so she tried to escape, but she just kept walking around in totally buggy circles. sorry, i cant send gifs at moment

PM me when you will have the gif and I will figure out what I can do. You can use ScreenToGif.

1 hour ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Great mods mate! Proper chuffed. I have applied all your patches in order (from zip file) but auto attack doesnt seem to be working for me. Everything else works great though.

Thanks,

Actually auto attack uses hitbox, and when the enemy is not in the hitbox range, it doesn't deal damages. The player still need to be somehow close to hit the target. The hitbox has 5 different values for each direction.

5217a1902adcdfa87b19602540a37d16.pngHitbox values if the player is facing right.

1 minute ago, Shenmue said:

Thanks,

Actually auto attack uses hitbox, and when the enemy is not in the hitbox range, it doesn't deal damages. The player still need to be somehow close to hit the target. The hitbox has 5 different values for each direction.

5217a1902adcdfa87b19602540a37d16.pngHitbox values if the player is facing right.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I understood that from reading your post. NPC was within range and was facing the NPC, and targeted, but nothing happens. I checked code and all seems correct with the patch being applied and changes made.

I will do a GIF for you.

1 minute ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

I have tried with aggressive and non aggressive NPCs.

Here is GIF buddy

Reveal hidden contents

f776cc28fe9f692cda7abd36cc3eca70.gif

Oh yeah, maybe auto hit is not the right term.

Actually, you have to attack in order to hit. I think I will change the name of the patch, it is confusing.

Just now, Shenmue said:

Oh yeah, maybe auto hit is not the right term.

Actually, you have to attack in order to hit. I think I will change the name of the patch, it is confusing.

So it doesnt automatically attack NPC when ur within distance? You have to still attack with pressing and holding down attack "Key"?

1 minute ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

So it doesnt automatically attack NPC when ur within distance? You have to still attack with pressing and holding down attack "Key"?

Ye haha

Edit : name changed. Now it is "easier attack on focus"

Just now, Shenmue said:

Ye haha

Edit : name changed. Now it is "easier attack on focus"

Ah right I get you now haha thanks, auto attack is summit ive wanted for a while so ill look into it.

Another quick question. Can frames be easily added for diagnal movement?

Just now, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Ah right I get you now haha thanks, auto attack is summit ive wanted for a while so ill look into it.

Another quick question. Can frames be easily added for diagnal movement?

I think so, you have to check out the Draw() method in Intersect.Client.Entities.Entity and depending of your spritesheet changing the value assigned to srcRectangle and destRectangle. You will also have to add value to the "d" variable (d represents sprite direction) for the diagonale frames and do the equivalent in the server side and I think it should be fine.

1 minute ago, Shenmue said:

I think so, you have to check out the Draw() method in Intersect.Client.Entities.Entity and depending of your spritesheet changing the value assigned to srcRectangle and destRectangle. You will also have to add value to the "d" variable (d represents sprite direction) for the diagonale frames and do the equivalent in the server side and I think it should be fine.

Thanks for info buddy, dont know much but I will have a look into that so thanks for pointing me in right direction (no pun intended :P)

16 hours ago, wishy said:

Found a little issue, when npc's have a route with face down/face up etc...

pi3R6Sw.png

they start moving instead of facing that way.

Issue solved.

Download fix patch

On 4/3/2020 at 7:57 AM, Kibbelz said:

If you will go down that route adding diagonal movement to events would be a good shout.

Diagonal move routes feature added :)

1 hour ago, Shenmue said:

Issue solved.

Download fix patch

Diagonal move routes feature added :)

Just tried to apply patch on got this which not seen before:

E:\Ainz Ooal Gown\Documents\Git Repo\Intersect-Engine>git am --signoff < 45ea9844b7f6130f7f695ab52bfa808e.patch
fatal: previous rebase directory .git/rebase-apply still exists but mbox given.

any ideas?

43 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Just tried to apply patch on got this which not seen before:

E:\Ainz Ooal Gown\Documents\Git Repo\Intersect-Engine>git am --signoff < 45ea9844b7f6130f7f695ab52bfa808e.patch
fatal: previous rebase directory .git/rebase-apply still exists but mbox given.

any ideas?

I think it's because there is a rebase operation.

Try git rebase --abort or git am --abort

More information here

Spoiler

+diff --git a/Intersect (Core)/Enums/Directions.cs b/Intersect (Core)/Enums/Directions.cs
index 027b9840..8beff271 100644
--- a/Intersect (Core)/Enums/Directions.cs    
+++ b/Intersect (Core)/Enums/Directions.cs    
@@ -10,7 +10,15 @@ public enum Directions

Left,

-        Right
+        Right,
+
+        UpLeft,
+
+        UpRight,
+
+        DownLeft,

I get this conflict when attempting to add this to a fully updated vanilla source.

• panda locked this topic