Untested Diagonal Movement

Shenmue

I don't know if it's really by this patch, but after applied, when i'm in a map that have music and I use an spell or attack that have sound the music stops and just return when walk to another map...

EDIT: The music after use any animation that have sound turn to sound options and not music... So, if you set music volume 100 and sound 0 the music won't play.

22 minutes ago, Hitz said:

I don't know if it's really by this patch, but after applied, when i'm in a map that have music and I use an spell or attack that have sound the music stops and just return when walk to another map...

EDIT: The music after use any animation that have sound turn to sound options and not music... So, if you set music volume 100 and sound 0 the music won't play.

So there's no issue with the patch?

2 minutes ago, Gibier said:

Does the agressive npc are fix? Seems like i can't attack them even with the lastest patch.

They are supposed to be. I will check it out my side and see what I can do

1 hour ago, Gibier said:

Does the agressive npc are fix? Seems like i can't attack them even with the lastest patch.

Actually I didn't find any issues. Which version have downloaded? Can you send a gif or some kind of explicit media?

22 minutes ago, Celtos said:

I managed to solve the problem I put, I noticed a bug after all the installed packages, sometimes you can't click on the NPC / EVENT, you have to readjust the crosshairs, go back and forward to recognize the Player Action

https://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/44743e0beaaa8532c55688f4ed46859e.gif

Aplied the patches

http://prntscr.com/rt888g

Can you find out the steps to do in order to recreate that bug? I've tried and I didn't get anywhere. If I cannot reproduce the bug it will be hard to solve it :7_sweat_smile:

Maybe this issue happens because of the changes you have made in order "to solve the problem" you noticed

Just try to attack event,  There is some conflict when activating an Event NPC, with Action

I had to put PLAYER BUMP

10 minutes ago, Celtos said:

Just try to attack event,  There is some conflict when activating an Event NPC, with Action

I had to put PLAYER BUMP

Actually I am not sure to understand.

By attack event you mean when the player attack another entity?

What do you mean by activating an Event NPC with Action?

And by "I had to put player bump" you mean you had to hit a player?

For example.
I created an EVENT that IS an NPC that, when attacking him, opens the store or bank.
Most of the time it is not working.
I had to activate the event via the player leaning against the event to mitigate the bug. FOR ATTACK to ACTIVATE the event, it is not working

Just now, Celtos said:

For example.
I created an EVENT that IS an NPC that, when attacking him, opens the store or bank.
Most of the time it is not working.
I had to activate the event via the player leaning against the event to mitigate the bug. FOR ATTACK to ACTIVATE the event, it is not working

Oh OK, thanks for the bug report :7_sweat_smile: I will check that out

2 hours ago, Shenmue said:

Oh OK, thanks for the bug report :7_sweat_smile: I will check that out

I understood what is happening... 

When you try to interact with any NPC using "E" or "Right Click" (default set) doesn't open the event BUT, ONLY open when you click exactly on the event.

About NPC's (monsters) there's a problem when you trying to hit them with basic attack, you ONLY hit the enimies when you select them with "TAB" or hit them click right in the monster, the key "E" or click anywhere in the screen results in don't attack.

Problably PVP is with the same issue.

About this:

5 hours ago, Shenmue said:

So there's no issue with the patch?

I'm creating new branches to test ALL patches avaibles here in "source modifications" to check if is this patch that results in sounds/music problem! If this patch is the origin of this problem i'll explain better!

15 minutes ago, Hitz said:

When you try to interact with any NPC using "E" or "Right Click" (default set) doesn't open the event BUT, ONLY open when you click exactly on the event.

About NPC's (monsters) there's a problem when you trying to hit them with basic attack, you ONLY hit the enimies when you select them with "TAB" or hit them click right in the monster, the key "E" or click anywhere in the screen results in don't attack.

Problably PVP is with the same issue.

Thanks for the details mate, I might PM you or Celtos if I have some issues with finding a solution. Right now I didn't start the debug, I was working on another mod. I will focus on bugs later tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, Hitz said:

I'm creating new branches to test ALL patches avaibles here in "source modifications" to check if is this patch that results in sounds/music problem! If this patch is the origin of this problem i'll explain better!

I hope it's not this one haha

Well, I haven't started debuging yet. I will send a post when improvements will be done.

For those who have the bug which version of Intersect Engine are you using right now?

Have some people not experimented this issue yet?

1 hour ago, Gibier said:

@Shenmue I use the 6.2 also seems that event dont trigger while moving in diagonal. Do we have to build the solution after each patch? 

Yes I guess (I do it after each pach), so all the solution will be up to date. I will check that event bug soon haha. What a major bug

57 minutes ago, Gibier said:

Image: 

Reveal hidden contents

927cddcbbff12f4f797052dabcaf29db.png

4c7c93b2411b51f1dd2d497f7c40e667.png

Damn I will see what I can do about that. Actually I am having errors on my side because I've updated my source code with the official Intersect Engine Github repo. Maybe it impacts you too.

On another side, I've solved the other issues mentioned like the event, but the transition to the new version of intersect just messed things up so now I have to redo a lot of codes, because I messed things up too haha. A new version of the mod should be available soon with fixes.

If you still have that error I might ask you specific questions on PM if you don't mind.

Your game looks great 

17 hours ago, Celtos said:

It should be fixed now with the new patches. Check out the first post. However, keep in mind that the events are triggered when the player last walking direction is toward the event. So it has to be really in diagonal. something like this will not work.

Spoiler

2ef0436af3c8c2a3096f3cbc06db76cd.gifCorrect one >8de6172d35a22f45016d15df8769fccf.gif

Next step is to figure out what is the issue with those attacks not working.

I don't know if it helps, but as I said yesterday, the attack is okey when you select a target with "TAB" or attack with the mouse clicking exactly on top of the target

8 minutes ago, Shenmue said:

Next step is to figure out what is the issue with those attacks not working.

• panda locked this topic