Untested Diagonal Movement

Shenmue

C:\Users\max\Desktop\Ohria, tchat 2d en ligne\Developpement Source\Moteur\Intersect-Engine>git apply --check mod.patch
error: patch failed: Intersect.Client/Entities/Player.cs:1222
error: Intersect.Client/Entities/Player.cs: patch does not apply

C:\Users\max\Desktop\Ohria, tchat 2d en ligne\Developpement Source\Moteur\Intersect-Engine>

Hello.

I try to apply the patch on the latest developpement branch but i getting error when i try to apply the basicmod

4 hours ago, Vhaeriel said:

C:\Users\max\Desktop\Ohria, tchat 2d en ligne\Developpement Source\Moteur\Intersect-Engine>git apply --check mod.patch

C:\Users\max\Desktop\Ohria, tchat 2d en ligne\Developpement Source\Moteur\Intersect-Engine>

Hello.

I try to apply the patch on the latest developpement branch but i getting error when i try to apply the basicmod

me too

8 hours ago, Vhaeriel said:

Hello.

Same

20 hours ago, Vhaeriel said:

Hello.

The patch is now working with the latest commit. Issue should be fixed (diagonal projectile and easier hit were fine)

Download basic mod

Download zip file

C:\Users\seeth\Documents\GitHub\Intersect-Engine>git apply --check 1.patch
error: patch failed: Intersect.Client/Entities/Entity.cs:921
error: Intersect.Client/Entities/Entity.cs: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: Intersect.Client/Entities/Player.cs:1190

9 hours ago, seethingword said:

Do you try on development build?

12 hours ago, seethingword said:

Like Xiphoid said, be sure to be on the official AscensionGameDev development branch (without any modifications).

Error like these can occur when:

1) The patch is not up to date with the code, which is not the case since I tested it on the latest dev branch.

2) You are not on the correct branch or version of the branch to apply the patch. For the diagonal move patch, the right branch is the development branch and the last working commit is shown on the first page with information on how to see the latest commit of your branch.

3) You have modifications on your code that has conflicts with the patch. For example you changed a line of code used by the patch, or you applied another one. I've made a tutorial on how to solve this kind of issues with Visual Studio. Link on the first page.

4 hours ago, Klarwasser said:

did i everything correctly when i downloaded the zip and installed the 14 patches or is something missing?

Everything should be OK. I guess you are having conflicts? Maybe you should try to use the other download links instead of the zip one.

What is your case on the 3 options below?

On 5/21/2020 at 11:40 AM, Shenmue said:

1) The patch is not up to date with the code, which is not the case since I tested it on the latest dev branch.

2) You are not on the correct branch or version of the branch to apply the patch. For the diagonal move patch, the right branch is the development branch and the last working commit is shown on the first page with information on how to see the latest commit of your branch.

3) You have modifications on your code that has conflicts with the patch. For example you changed a line of code used by the patch, or you applied another one. I've made a tutorial on how to solve this kind of issues with Visual Studio. Link on the first page.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Celtos said:

Yes, Clean Version

https://prnt.sc/swwazp

https://prnt.sc/swwijx

Well all I can recommend you is to verify this then, maybe redownload the file?

3) You have modifications on your code that has conflicts with the patch. For example you changed a line of code used by the patch, or you applied another one. I've made a tutorial on how to solve this kind of issues with Visual Studio. Link on the first page.

Hello guys, if you have the easier attack on focus mod, I just realized I messed up "IsDisposed" method of "Intersect.Client.Entities.Entity".

You can download the fix in the link below:

Download Easier Attack on Focus fix

You have installed new mods and now have conflicts trying to install the fix? In the spoiler box below there's what you can do to solve the issue (easy fix)

Spoiler

1. Go to "Intersect.Client.Entities.Entity.cs"

2. Check the "isDisposed" method near the line 435

3. Remove the shitty comment and the code inside the method

4. Add inside the method this line "return mDisposed;"

1c5e3e6bdc2a0755a96355e2675f7e6b.png

Image from diffy.org

Easier attack and zip file download links have been updated.

13 hours ago, Jackson said:

when version be stable ? ^^

I think it's now stable, because all features seem to work and there's no known bugs.

If we don't take in consideration the updates I've done to make the mod compatible with the latest dev branch, there've been two months without any modification.

8 hours ago, Shenmue said:

I think it's now stable, because all features seem to work and there's no known bugs.

If we don't take in consideration the updates I've done to make the mod compatible with the latest dev branch, there've been two months without any modification.

I did not understand how to install the patch
 there are a bunch of files, I haven’t worked with this yet, do you have any video guides?  What do we have to do

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

I did not understand how to install the patch
 there are a bunch of files, I haven’t worked with this yet, do you have any video guides?  What do we have to do

First of all, be sure to be on the latest official working commit with the patch. The branch must not have any modification or there may be conflicts with the mod.

You must download and apply the basic mod patch first. If you want more features like diagonal projectiles or easier attack when a player has a target, you can download and apply the patch files related to these. The zip file is not needed, but if you download the zip file, then you must apply all patches in order.

Be sure to build your project after installation.

In the setup section of the first post you have useful links like the official AscensionGameDev tutorial on how to apply a patch and a tutorial that explains how to deal with patch conflicts.

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Beefy Kasplant said:

What do you mean exactly? NPC's follow me to the south just fine

Mine still follow me just fine. The only issue is that they do not move southeast or northeast after they target me. They will move up, down, up, down instead of diagonal. They will move southwest and northwest just fine when targeting.. also when they are not targeting a player they move just fine in all directions. Also getting an error on my server once they start chasing a player.

Stack:   at Intersect.Server.Entities.Pathfinding.SpatialAStar.StoreNeighborNodes (Intersect.Server.Entities.Pathfinding.PathNode inAround, Intersect.Server.Entities.Pathfinding.PathNode[] inNeighbors) [0x0016c] in C:\Users\Justin\Documents\New Intersect\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Server\Entities\Pathfinding\SpatialAStar.cs:355 
  at Intersect.Server.Entities.Pathfinding.SpatialAStar.Search (Intersect.Point inStartNode, Intersect.Point inEndNode, Intersect.Server.Entities.Pathfinding.PathNode inUserContext) [0x0019e] in C:\Users\Justin\Documents\New Intersect\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Server\Entities\Pathfinding\SpatialAStar.cs:185 
  at Intersect.Server.Entities.Pathfinding.Pathfinder.Update (System.Int64 timeMs) [0x008b2] in C:\Users\Justin\Documents\New Intersect\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Server\Entities\Pathfinding\Pathfinder.cs:299 

*I stated above that SE and NE were working.. I meant SW and NW are working.

• panda locked this topic