Open Beta Leafling

Aesthetic

bf2cc9bb270ec5dff0bc61f0341ccea5.png

2bd0ac6dae05dcb91a02fba7bd04934c.png

Leafling is my new ORPG being developed in the Intersect Engine.

This game is the result of years of learning and working directly with the engine in a previous project.

My hopes are to make a truly close to home and nostalgic old-school RPG and a loyal community to build around it.

I want to take this moment to thank every single one of you here on AGD as I've learned so much in my time here, you're all crazy bastards and I love you.

733ae1cb6772b22689c28f0a761c1618.png

With Leafling I'm taking a different approach to gameplay than most games of a similar genre.

To tackle this in an organized matter I will be breaking this section into parts.

RANKING

I, as well as many of you, am a big fan of competitive games. Sometimes I wish casual MMO style gameplay could be supplemented with a competitive side, and that itch is rarely scratched.

As a result of this I have used the event system to create an entirely automated ranking system as well as ELO scoring based on past season performance.

Every 3 months the current ranked season will end and a new one will begin, bringing with it a full rank reset as well as a payout based on your performance last season.

Rank Points can be acquired by completing difficult tasks throughout the game such as clearing dungeons at or above your level, or slaying a player in open world PvP.

Ranking through this method will reflect your Explorer Rank.

The other method of Ranking is Arena Rank, in which players can queue for matchmade 1v1 battles in a public arena against players of around their skill level, and receiving Rank Points when you win based on the gap in skill between you and your opponent. 

I think this will pan out as a super fun system that encourages regular play and creates opportunities for some really cool updates.

DUNGEONS

Every RPG has to have dungeons. To be honest I don't see a reason to stray from the formula here and I hope you all find the dungeons in game to be fun and engaging.

Dungeons in Leafling often combine aspects of puzzle solving and combat to varying degrees of difficulty.

There are also 2 types of dungeons:

Field Dungeons

Raid Dungeons

Field Dungeons are public dungeons that can be cleared by any number of players and will reward any players within upon completion.

Raid Dungeons are 4 player party dungeons which require special keys which are very difficult to obtain, however the monsters inside are immensely more powerful than anything else on Artemia, which of course means better loot. Only 1 party may participate in a specific Raid Dungeon at a time and upon a 20 minute timer you will fail the raid dungeon, causing your entire party to die.

STORYLINE

Leafling boasts a self proclaimed impressive story line that will continue in chapters through future updates, expanding the world and introducing more characters and content. 

While there are sidequests, the main story takes precedent and you will spend most of your leveling time progressing through the story. As of right now 8 chapters are written and finalized and upon Open Beta 3 chapters will be playable. Each chapter contains between 3-6 questlines which all vary in length.

da336f9e81dc01aad0a54752960ae3b7.png

World Map

Spoiler

e127da99576ada56acda0b7453d2db7d.png

Journeyman's Respite - The first human settlement on Artemia

Spoiler

d231bdd799d3d6f45597db023e62dd0c.png

Intro

d2c12e6510e9d9e9ee3c964baf5784ce.png

Engine:

Jcsnider

Kibbelz

Panda

Graphics:

Mack

Aesthetic

UI:

Jcsnider

Aesthetic

Music:

Aaron Kroghs

The Deadmen

Sunny Mondays

The Cruise

Worst Funeral Ever

Design:

Aesthetic

Hunter Mills

Writing:

Aesthetic

Eric Rogers

DOWNLOAD:

Leafling Official Website

16 hours ago, Kincy said:

Congratulations on the amazing project, it's a source of inspiration for me that I want to get started on Intersect Engine and I think you'll get a lot of attention from everyone!

Hey, thanks so much! :D I'm sure you can create something amazing too c:

4 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

64f9d328710d4130d171a4044bc44e15.png

Love the maps, but this sorta stuck out to me. The waterfall cliff should go down a tile further where the other cliff connects to the wall. Keep up the good work!

You're right idk how i missed that ty

2 hours ago, Mighty Professional said:

Looks fantastic! Keep it up!

ty marshy dearest ur the best <3

Hey all, sorry I'm late, I got swamped on the day of Closed Beta release and forgot to post about it here!

But the Leafling Closed Beta is live and you can grab it from our website: http://leaflingonline.com or from the link in the op.

Please keep in mind that the game is in a very early state and is not representative of the final product. 

If you play some, we'd love to hear your input or any bugs you have found, you can join the community here: https://discord.gg/xwXqkmq

4 hours ago, Nageik said:

I've been testing your game, it's really good !
Don't hesitate to try more advertising on other sites because in my opinion this style of game will be pleasant to play in group ;)

Thanks so much! <3 I'm so glad you're having fun :) I do plan on doing more advertising but I'd like to polish up the first few hours and get past this rollback bug before I do, first impressions matter!