My top 10 desired features on Intersect 1.0

Khaikaa

Hi everyone, I hope you are doing fine.

As title says, there are some features I would love to see on Intersect before its oficial release. You may agree with some, disagree with some others and miss some others as well, feel free to post whatever you think(unless you want guilds and pets and pet guilds and guild pets, if thats the case you better run away).

10. Tags on player name

I would like tags on player names. For example, if I'm an admin, display something like [ADM] Khaikaa. This would be super usefull for custom ranks (like Game Masters for example).

9. Penetration on projectiles

This may sound dumb, but I would love penetrating projectiles. Shooting an arrow that could hit 2 or more targets on the same line would be interesting, isn't it?

8. Percentage-based damage/healing on spells

Now we have percentage buffs/debuff spells, and even percentage hp/mp/exp gain through items, but there is no way to make a spell that will heal 10% of all party members(for example). I believe this would be super interesting, and also super easy to do.

7. Turn without moving

I know I'm not the only one who would love the possibility of turning without moving, specially now that we can't make commands for that due to set move route not working on common events. I understand major problem would be how to make it, since everyone wants their own way to make this. I wouldn't care about how to do this as long as I could do this, and if I don't like the way devs made it... I only would need to make some source modifications.

6. Player input

I want a way to let players write something and store that on a player/global variable so badly, and I bet almost anyone would like that.

5. String variables

Imagine being able to make something as simple as a sign where players could write "(playername) has the arena record with (pointsvariable) points".

4. Upgrading damage formulas

At the momment of writting this thread there are only 3 damage formulas available: phisical damage, magic damage and true damage. They are enough to make a game, but imagine being able to make unique skills that break all these rules and check your target's speed to calculate damage, making slower characters(like typical tanks) vulnerable to them. Also, the maths are a little limitated, maybe I'm not doing it correctly, but there is no way to make square roots. Finally, getting the attacker/victim level, and even variable's values would be amazing.

3. Server events

At this momment, events have to be attached to a character in order to run. This makes very hard to design complex event systems. An easy example would be a countdown, making that server-side would work no matter if the players leave the game, die, conditions change... etc. This would make possible logout triggers as well, one of the most needed features in order to design arenas and minigames.

2. On kill common event for NPCs

At this momment we can run common events when a npc dies, but what happens when you are the one who dies? It would be awesome to have npcs with special rules, like stealing a certain amount of a certain item, modify some variable of the player... Bosses would be much more funny to design!

1. Events with parameters

Imagine being able to make clean pk systems, bounty systems... options are almost limitless. Something as easy as setting variable to target player or checking target variables on conditional branches would give us the freedom to make very complex systems with 0 coding, wouldn't that be awesome?

What do you think? Which ones are your 10 most desired features?

Awesome features listed here. Im with you 100% about all of them. For me turn without moving is not that important, but string variables, damage formulas, percentage damage/heal and penetration is really useful. I can add some here aswell.

1. Events can combat
Would be cool if we can make events as npcs aswell. Like they can combat in certain situations. Or atleast events for NPCs. Like if Slime is in Dungeon map, set move route.

2. Requirements and events for crafts
I suggested that many times before also opened topic about that. It would be extremely useful. Like after crafting sword, gain 10 blacksmith exp. Or for craft sword you need be level 10 blacksmith!

3.Cast spells from events

It would be also extremely cool. Example we can make many new cool different spells with different combinations. Like when player casts, spawn 4 orbs in 3 square range far from caster, in 4 seconds they will explode and stun nearby enemies. (AOE STUN spell cast from event)

4.Movement speed and attack speed difference
I think this is also annoying which, if weapon isnt static, your movement and attack speed scales together which is not that good. I want to make spells like only increases movement speed.

5. HP/MP Bonus per stat

Okay let me example, like 1 defence increases hp by 5 aswell. Ability power increases mp by 5. Like that.

6. Change HP/MP/Stat Points via Events.
Yes.

7. Event feature: Pick nearby players/npcs in range of event/player etc. and trigger event for all of them.

As written in description.

I second the player Titles Idea, this would be great to share the mod status like admin, mod ex but also work perfect for people who pay for members, or donate ex ex.

Player input is a good idea, this could be used for suggestions, bugs, reporting and possibly be accessed via the admin panel.

Here is my top ten in no particular order:

1. The ability to make skill levels for gathering and crafting. This seems like it would be an easy one to add in, create a title for your skill and select the tool you use to gather it or crafting bench it correlates to. Then sense the resources are entities anyway, allow the player to gain exp that we set, that way we can have skill level requirements on using benches and gathering instead of having them required to be lvl 10 combat to mine ore. I understand it was easier to code it out in this manner when creating the systems, but ive never played rpgs that uses your combat level or allows you to mine any ore as long as you have a pic axe. I understand this can be done with events, but seems like something that should really be hard coded for efficiency sake when making many skills.

2. Player titles as Khaikaa stated which can be created to auto title mods/admins but also be manually added to create vip titles and anything else we would like. It would be kool to give players who beat the most epic end of game crazy quest a special title. Would also open possibility's of title shops ex.

3. a Built in system that can communicate with API for membership features. Basic things like setting a map the members only, items to members only, crafting benches ex to members only. I understand you can create a bound item and then sell it as a cosmetic item and give to player via api on your site. But what if you want everyone to be able to trade the items, but not use if there not signed up to a membership system. This will help developing special content and interactions with the api much easier.

4. Recipe Books for games with huge crafting systems and crafting benches that are spread out around the world. It would be nice for a player to have "Smithing Book" and be able to open it from their inventory anywhere in the world a view all the available smithing recipes and required ingredients.

5. Minimap - maybe the game could take like 4-8 maps at a time and take a screen view of them like gride view does. and load them zoomed out in the ui?

6. More control over pking Things like animations when you kill another player, status effects on the person who died and even on the person who killed so they could have a temporary boost in stats or even be penalized like a skull in rs.

7. Guilds and pets and pet guilds and guild pets!

8. The ability to ad a vital, imagine having three mage classes and you didnt want them all to require mana to fire spells. Each class could load its own vitals. you would be able to edit them, their images ex.

9. Server Events

10. Events with parameters

6 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

While all of these are good suggestions I would like to politely remind everyone with more features = a much longer time for open source. So it is very unlikely most of these will be in Intersect 1.0.

Dont worry, the intention of this post is not asking devs for features but talking whole community about features we would like to see on final intersect release. Of course, if we give you ideas that you decide to code... awesome, but if not... dont worry, real number 1 desired feature is open source lol

18 hours ago, Khaikaa said:

7. Turn without moving

I know I'm not the only one who would love the possibility of turning without moving, specially now that we can't make commands for that due to set move route not working on common events. I understand major problem would be how to make it, since everyone wants their own way to make this. I wouldn't care about how to do this as long as I could do this, and if I don't like the way devs made it... I only would need to make some source modifications.

Hah HAH I remember in Rucoy Online you couldn't turn around when you were sitting on a bench against a wall so you had to use the fireball ability of the mage to turn around...

Hahaha I knew this was gonna happen. B6 gets released and now the push for 1.0. Also, a few of these feature request can be with the event system. May not be as pretty as an actual feature but some are definitely doable. 

My request (That isn't really a request, cause it won't happen lol):

Instanced Zones

My input on various systems:

Hair layer - I think this should be in the base system personally
Percentage-based damage/healing on spells - Would make sense as a base feature
Change HP/MP/Stat Points via Events - I agree with this
Events can combat - This is actually better if you simply summon the npc after the event has run (With instanced zones it makes sense)
Cast spells from events - The issue is that an event doesn't have any stats. Still, you can do dmg with events & use animations to get the same result. (As far as i know)
Recipe Books - great concept and something we hope to add to Nightmare after source release
Mini-map - I think having this in the base engine (as an option) would be great, but we'll likely see it as a tutorial
Tags on player names -  An easy source edit (Not much point doing it now)
Player input - This would be good for puzzles where you need to input a code or something. An easy edit I would imagine.
a Built in system that can communicate with API for membership features - Members being able to trade with non-members makes sense actually
Penetration on projectiles - Cool in theory, but also a fairly easy source edit
On kill common events - It would add some, but not enough to warrant a change now
Upgrading damage formulas - Seeing as every game will be different, I think this would be better as an edit
Server Events - Awesome idea imo (Who's gonna do the tutorial? haha)
Pixel based movement - Will take ages to rewrite the engine, plus its not exactly superior in a 2D setting
Guilds anything - This will be great as a tutorial POST intersect 1.0 (Will present common syntax to beginners)
Movement speed and attack speed difference - This is possible without seperating them (Would just need a check-box for it in the spell & item editor)

2 hours ago, The Bunny Gamer said:

Don't get why everyone wants a guild system when you can clearly make one yourself using the event editor provided. I mean, I did.

249b44552e3ba2c7836f2ee413db8bc9.png

37 minutes ago, Gibier said:

Instanced maps, like guild it can be made with event but it's bad and basically a waste of time.

3e3b05bbf1dfbd984dded956ba5e583a.jpg

3 hours ago, The Bunny Gamer said:

Don't get why everyone wants a guild system when you can clearly make one yourself using the event editor provided. I mean, I did.

Not trying to call you out, but I seriously doubt this. At least, if you did, I highly doubt its very efficient.

17 hours ago, Zetasis said:

Not trying to call you out, but I seriously doubt this. At least, if you did, I highly doubt its very efficient.

It has the capability to make or join a guild, create a guild name, restore all online guild members hp, kick online guild members, and leave the guild. There are plenty of other things that could be easily added, such as sending a message to other online guild members or donating items, etc.

Obviously an actual guild system would be useful but considering there are friends, parties and these kinds of makeshift guild systems, I'm really not sure making an official guild system would be worth the effort as of now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2019 at 10:57 AM, The Bunny Gamer said:

It has the capability to make or join a guild, create a guild name, restore all online guild members hp, kick online guild members, and leave the guild. There are plenty of other things that could be easily added, such as sending a message to other online guild members or donating items, etc.

Obviously an actual guild system would be useful but considering there are friends, parties and these kinds of makeshift guild systems, I'm really not sure making an official guild system would be worth the effort as of now.

Hmm the only way to create a guild name would be with input, pretty sure. Did you mean create a guild name or choose a guild name?

Edit (By Gibby): All we need is strings/input and we would be able to make our own guild systems 😍

@Taliel Studios don't forget that multiposting isn't allowed on the this section of the forum ;)

On 9/22/2019 at 4:01 PM, Taliel Studios said:

Hmm the only way to create a guild name would be with input, pretty sure. Did you mean create a guild name or choose a guild name?

Edit (By Gibby): All we need is strings/input and we would be able to make our own guild systems 😍

@Taliel Studios don't forget that multiposting isn't allowed on the this section of the forum ;)

show options {

a

b

c

Next list {

d

e

f

Next list...

}

}