assets Intersect Demo Graphics

Dr.House

I set my mind to create some graphics for a Demo of Intersect, no 8-bit shit, just high quality graphics.

This means 1 full tileset and 1 sprite [8 directional]

I plan to make Free Graphic Packs but only if I see some diversity in game styles [turn based, isometric, etc]

FGPs could include: Male and Female 8 directional base sprite and clothing paperdolls, and sometimes only Tilesets and Icons, because making sprites take a lot of time especially 8 directional.

For now it's all talk, I'm a pretty busy person, lucky for me, I have people able to help me if real life gets me busy af, expect something in a month or so.

I had no idea where to post this, please move it where it belongs.

Update 2

Closed the poll.

Thank you for voting!

Tileset

Discarded the steampunk tiles made so far and started working only on Fantasy ones, discarded them because we do not have enough time working on both, so if I have too little of the steampunk ones won't be of any use on the fantasy ones.

We keep them for future releases.

I dislike the idea of 2 combined angles like rpg maker tiles have, 90 degrees tiles + some 45 degrees parts, so we will make only 45 degrees modular buildings, meaning you can add or take parts from a building, and they remain at 45 degrees, no more 90 degrees tiles mixed with some 45 degrees parts, ughh.

Sprite

We also started working on the sprite, we have an 8 directional head so far but is for testing only.

Future plans after we finish the demo

My assistant will be in charge, because I will be busy and I have some health problems.

More Tilesets

A few paperdolls, hairstyles and skin colors.

Changeable body parts of the base sprite for diversity [bigger head, smaller head, fat, skinny, etc.] <- this one will be pretty much a stretch haha, but if it goes smooth with the first one, expect this to happen.

No sneak peek images yet, expect some pretty soon.

The process takes time, we are using the fastest techniques to make sprites and tilesets, but takes a lot of time to hand paint, making sure the color palettes and contrast/brightness match, also testing stuff takes a lot more time than making something, sounds stupid but it's true.

Sneak Peek [OLD]

Random building, this won't make it into the tileset, it's just a sneak peek of how the graphics will look like aka the style, it's like I said, no 8-bit stuff.

Also, I'm following a traditional romanian/dacian building style, because I didn't see anyone doing it.

We're like 50% done with the first tileset, if you want more random buildings feel free to say, or request something. [though, those won't be included in the tilesets]

sneaky2.png

Another sneak peek [NEW]

This is the quality we will try to bring to the final product of every element on the tileset.

QdAHzk4.png

Update 1

Prepared every tool to be ready for making the graphics, everything works great, my assistant is ready also.

From the votes, I see Fantasy and Steampunk are the favourites, so, a combination between those 2 will be made.

Anything that you would like to see done? [objects, and stuff like that, post image ref if u have any]

8 bit shit... I love retro graphics personally. Anyways, I can't wait to see what you throw together. I've always wondered why intersect didn't just use LPC graphics since they're free and rpg maker isn't but now that you have decided to make custom graphics that shouldn't be a problem. 

I'd definitely suggest doing your regular fantasy demo to showcase what your game could be like just like how EO did
The majority of people look to create their own fantasy RPG, and from an advertising standpoint,lots of people are retarded

so lots of people might think "wow i can only make scifi rpgs with this? this is shit" when seeing the demo.

go safe route and do fantasy

Update 2

Closed the poll.

Thank you for voting!

Tileset

Discarded the steampunk tiles made so far and started working only on Fantasy ones, discarded them because we do not have enough time working on both, so if I have too little of the steampunk ones won't be of any use on the fantasy ones.

We keep them for future releases.

I dislike the idea of 2 combined angles like rpg maker tiles have, 90 degrees tiles + some 45 degrees parts, so we will make only 45 degrees modular buildings, meaning you can add or take parts from a building, and they remain at 45 degrees, no more 90 degrees tiles mixed with some 45 degrees parts, ughh.

Sprite

We also started working on the sprite, we have an 8 directional head so far but is for testing only.

Future plans after we finish the demo

My assistant will be in charge, because I will be busy and I have some health problems.

More Tilesets

A few paperdolls, hairstyles and skin colors.

Changeable body parts of the base sprite for diversity [bigger head, smaller head, fat, skinny, etc.] <- this one will be pretty much a stretch haha, but if it goes smooth with the first one, expect this to happen.

No sneak peek images yet, expect some pretty soon.

The process takes time, we are using the fastest techniques to make sprites and tilesets, but takes a lot of time to hand paint, making sure the color palettes and contrast/brightness match, also testing stuff takes a lot more time than making something, sounds stupid but it's true.

Sneak Peek [OLD]

Random building, this won't make it into the tileset, it's just a sneak peek of how the graphics will look like aka the style, it's like I said, no 8-bit stuff.

Also, I'm following a traditional romanian/dacian building style, because I didn't see anyone doing it.

We're like 50% done with the first tileset, if you want more random buildings feel free to say, or request something. [though, those won't be included in the tilesets]

sneaky2.png

Looks good. I don't like how the floor and the lower wall of the building has the same texture just ones darker. Also there's no border that meets with the floor and wall. All in all though, looks pretty good.

@Zetasis I put together some stuff to show the style, don't worry about those details, you will see soon how the tileset looks, this is just something random. ^^

@SkywardRiver Uhmmm not really, textures are hand painted, from what I see on google, Orake has some old school realistic wannabe textures, we're going for VX kinda style with a little bit of more atmosphere to them.

Well the quality is definitely better then anything I could do but there is just something about it that doesn't look right to me. Just doesn't look crisp enough or something. Like it looks blurry. I don't know what exactly it is but either way keep it up. Oh, I have a question, when you paint these do you start out with a large canvas and resize them down? If so that might be why they look blurry to me. 

So are you aiming for a vx style?