Untested Character hair customization (+ basics for expansion)

Cheshire
Message added by jcsnider

Warning! There be dragons!: This mod introduces new field(s) into the games' databases. Database migrations are one-way upgrades. Make database backups before applying! If you later decide that you want to remove this mod you will likely have to restore from those backups or manually make dangerous edits to your database in order to get your game running again. 

I'm glad to see this feature is getting some stability. I've written one myself for Nightmare. I think a really cool feature you could add is a "remove hair render" checkbox for helmets and other hair based equipment paperdolls in the item editor. This stops layering related issues with various hairstyles and helmets clashing when rendering them both ingame.

18 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

I'm glad to see this feature is getting some stability. I've written one myself for Nightmare. I think a really cool feature you could add is a "remove hair render" checkbox for helmets and other hair based equipment paperdolls in the item editor. This stops layering related issues with various hairstyles and helmets clashing when rendering them both ingame.

I've written it so that the hair replaces a configurable paper doll layer. If no paper doll render hair. 

There's some jank I'd like to clean up. But that's for later. 

11 hours ago, Processinho said:

Does anyone have a build already made with this patch? Honestly, I can't understand how to apply this to the client.

What errors are you getting?

18 minutes ago, Processinho said:

For now, none because I don't know how to install any patches. I saw the tutorial right here on the forum but I stuck it in the first step.

Get the Github Desktop Application.
Clone the Intersect Repo - https://docs.freemmorpgmaker.com/dev/start/github.html
From here, you have your own copy of the engine source.

Now you can use the patch method
https://docs.freemmorpgmaker.com/dev/sharing/applying.html

• 4 weeks later...

Yup. Should work though, did on my end anyway.

The problem is that it's not the same git branch anymore now that they changed the GitHub structure. So it's telling you it's missing commits or seeing commits it did not expect.

Once 6.2 becomes stable or something happens code wise I'll fix the patch. But if a few meaningless messages show up and it still works I'd call that functional for the time being.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Heya, I am also getting patch failed for this patch on build 6.2 429 however I was not able to bypass this with "git apply -3 name.patch" as when I go to compile it in visual studio, I get a bunch of errors as follows: 

fe25a2521291ed46aefbac5bf1316e3b.png

I try to fixed the merge conflicts by removing the old code to replace it with your new code from the patch as shown here: 

<<<<<<< ours
        protected Dictionary<string, IAsset> mFaceDict = new Dictionary<string, IAsset>();
=======
        protected Dictionary<string, GameTexture> mHairDict = new Dictionary<string, GameTexture>();

protected Dictionary<string, GameTexture> mFaceDict = new Dictionary<string, GameTexture>();
>>>>>>> theirs

but once I get rid of all the merge conflicts, I end up with this error when trying to compile: 

54fcf7ca2e98349db26a37815d0cbfb2.png

Any help would be appreciated <3