The Most Likely Annual Ascension Game Dev Intersect Based Event System Creation Contest For Members Who Would Like To Participate

Beefy Kasplant

Welcome to TMLAAGDIBESCCFMWWLTP!

This will be a contest to see who can create the best event system! The winner will win the opportunity to post their system as a tutorial AND will have the right to choose the system for the next contest! 

This time the event system to be created will be a PUZZLE! Can be any kind of puzzle and any length.

Times of event will be announced. Once the contest starts you have 2 weeks!

Kasplant 

mcadams

Khaikaa

Peaverin

Agoraphobic

Edit: Added prizes by popular request

Holy macaroni,

It's for fun guys. Next time I'll remember to write a rulebook and legal framework for judging and deciding and giving out the prizes.

For now though, just say if you want to join or not. 

Winner will be decided by popular vote, don't need your US politics in here, keep that to yourself pls.

3 hours ago, General Awesome said:

I like that the reward is more work lol

Pretty sure the goal is to create something cool for the community. I like the requirement to share a tutorial if you win a lot lol.

I would participed if the contest wouldn't have been a puzzle x)

But like i said to Kasplant, i've stopped working on my dbz game and will make few tutorial to explain how to remake the majority of the event system.... Hope this will help creating dbz game or bring new event ideas to other.

Depend on what the next contest will be i'll probably participed.

Alright folks! That's it then. 

Now for some more specifics:

Puzzle can consist of multiple puzzles. So you can have a quiz, and also a maze. (Hope you gonna be more creative than that)

So you can make some dungeon that you have to solve with multiple puzzles. HOWEVER, no combat!

The deadline is Friday the 13th!!! Oooohhhhhhh spooky! 

Any questions, just PM me, so the topic stays clean(ish).

@mcadams

@Khaikaa

@Peaverin

@Agoraphobic

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I finished my puzzle. @jcsnider Intersect needs a copy/paste tool on common events so badly, I made it all through map events because I could starve to death creating the same event with little modifications again and again and again... lol

4 hours ago, Khaikaa said:

I finished my puzzle. @jcsnider Intersect needs a copy/paste tool on common events so badly, I made it all through map events because I could starve to death creating the same event with little modifications again and again and again... lol

I never even noticed common events didn't have CnP weird!

1 hour ago, Trixer said:

I never even noticed common events didn't have CnP weird!

lol in that case you have a veeeeery long way to walk in order to implement your own mechanics before source code, when you start working with 100+ command lines events you will realize how badly we need that xD copy/paste tool and variable/switch comparators are the most needed features at this momment when creating mechanics(at least in my opinion)

10 minutes ago, Khaikaa said:

lol in that case you have a veeeeery long way to walk in order to implement your own mechanics before source code, when you start working with 100+ command lines events you will realize how badly we need that xD copy/paste tool and variable/switch comparators are the most needed features at this momment when creating mechanics(at least in my opinion)

Everytime I try something new Intersect really impresses me with what it can handle, but then at times I think "well why cant we compare equipped items or something else super simple"

I can agree with CnP, however I think variable/switch logic is sitting pretty good.  I would like to see the inclusion of player variables/switches being able to be used in the combat algorithms though.