Why is Click-to-Move still not an option? I cannot for the life of me figure out why this was REMOVED from the game?

steveatari

Question

Literally making me want to quit. Running long distances with ends in sight is a constant thing in wow... like every few minutes. If you have num lock for auto run and hold 2 buttons for run, can you please please please just give us right click to move? It's absolutely punitive and confusing as all get out to not have it. I thought practically every player used this? Desperately annoyed. Please.

8 answers to this question

You keep saying stopped playing, but its a engine not a game. You can add this functionality if you want. If it did exist as you claim, you can go back and find the code to re-implement it. I am not super familiar with intersect, but it should not be that much work, just a bit of path finding knowledge, which probably already exists for npcs. If you arent willing to add anything to the engine your game will be pretty generic anyway.

As for the responses, if you come in with an aggressive and negative attitude, you are likely to get aggressive and negative answers. The developers have poured thousands of hours of their free time to give you a free product. They owe you nothing. While it may annoy the hell out of you personally, the engine is made for the masses, and decisions of what to add and what not to add needs to be made. It might not align with your personal thoughts, but thats why its open source. 

On 7/11/2023 at 11:37 AM, steveatari said:

Literally making me want to quit. Running long distances with ends in sight is a constant thing in wow... like every few minutes. If you have num lock for auto run and hold 2 buttons for run, can you please please please just give us right click to move? It's absolutely punitive and confusing as all get out to not have it. I thought practically every player used this? Desperately annoyed. Please.

22 hours ago, steveatari said:

They had click to move in Vanilla. What part of my request or rather, question, begets such a lame response? It's entirely weird to remove a normal thing like that. I would love to know the reasoning why and moreover why it can't just be enabled/disabled... like it is by default.

22 hours ago, steveatari said:

I guess this isn't the engine for me. The first option I enable 100% of time on a new client is unavailable. It's constantly annoying to have to wasd everything and not be able to click an herb or item or mob and not go there. It is a fundamental game premise to be able to click to move. WASD is great but not for the entire time. This is probably why I stopped playing years ago. Oh well.

Not sure why you entered with an attitude, but what is "vanilla"? Intersect is not a game, or an engine based on a game. It's just a game engine. This functionality has never existed in the repository.

Edit:
I also see that the rant was also posted on GitHub, still not sure what "vanilla" "game" is being referred to...

It would entail rewriting a large portion of the code, and at this point there are enough bugs and issues, a rewrite of that scale would ensure we never get into a release state.

That's the answer as I see it, but let me add. If you think click to move is so important, you're free to branch the project and add it in. It's 100% open source, go nuts.

You came in here with a very nasty tone and have done nothing, just registered, so the tone of the reply you got mirrors what you dished out. Everyone here volunteers and no one owes you anything.

3 hours ago, steveatari said:

They had click to move in Vanilla. What part of my request or rather, question, begets such a lame response? It's entirely weird to remove a normal thing like that. I would love to know the reasoning why and moreover why it can't just be enabled/disabled... like it is by default.

I've never seen this feature since I'm using the engine? Which make more than 5 years 🤨

21 hours ago, steveatari said:

"They" Who are "They", and also there is no "Vanilla" of this, it's a game engine, not an actual game, you use this to MAKE games, not to PLAY games..

I guess this isn't the engine for me. The first option I enable 100% of time on a new client is unavailable. It's constantly annoying to have to wasd everything and not be able to click an herb or item or mob and not go there. It is a fundamental game premise to be able to click to move. WASD is great but not for the entire time. This is probably why I stopped playing years ago. Oh well.