IntersectCMS

AriusII
Message added by jcsnider,

This project has not received any updates or comments from it's author in 2+ years and is not fully working with modern versions of Intersect. This should be avoided in favor of other available CMS systems. To prevent further necroing JC has locked this topic.  @AriusII feel free to PM JC if you want this re-opened.

Good morning, everybody !
I’m glad you share my little creation !
But before we tell you what it is, we’re gonna talk a little bit more about what makes you want to create this !

I’ve been following the " Intersect Engine " project for a long time, even before I joined the forum.

But I found that it missed a very important addition, which responds to the call of the MMORPG, not only for the game, but also the aspect that lies behind the "Back-End", the way was managed the Database!
Yes, this famous SQLite !
Whatever we say, he always did his work, but one that is not insignificant and that was missing in the call the "TCP/IP".
And, FINALLY!
The project went under the "MySQL Engine", Liberation! We can finally call our database where we want, and...
What better way to make our game more popular by having its own website?

Because you can say anything you want, it’s still nicer to have your own website attached to your game?
Make your own announcements, have a real-time ranking, add your own changes/creations, and so much more…!
And this is now possible with "IntersectCMS".

What is IntersectCMS

IntersectCMS was created by AriusII.
It is a kind of fansite, but for anyone who wants to have the opportunity to be seen on the internets, there is no need of great knowledge in this area, you just have to edit a few lines and everything works!

The Features
- You can log in with your game account on the site.
- You can display the number of players connected.
- You can display the number of create players.
- You can display the number of create accounts.
- You can create/display your news, with different headers.
- You can show the ranking of the top 5 players in your game on the main screen, in real time!
- You have access to a general ranking page in real time.
- You can click on the characters and know their information, even if the character is not part of your account!

Admins ? -
You must be the Admin of your game, and you log in with this account on the site, no worries! You will also be the admin of the site and you can all change as you please! With a dedicated place.

And so much more in preparation... !

Want some screen ?
Here it is !

Spoiler

Index of the site.
RHGhISj.png
lb72SKr.png

UserPanel page
XybefHk.png

Your character list :
yDNDt2D.png

Global ranking :
9gv35z3.png

When you click a Character on Ranking system ( Global & Top 5 ranking, work both )
lg1v0GK.png
VK0TW8v.png

ADMIN PANEL page
qzMH50d.png

Listing of news / Adds / Removes news : 
LRqTBwv.png

COPYRIGHT & ACCORDS :
hhWvxth.png

qb56m0b.png

\! IMPORTANT !/ + Setup Config * you need to read this if you planned to use it *
1 ) For people who already have an existing project, (under SQLITE) this will not be compatible! * please read number 3*

2)For those who want to create or recreate a zero project, now go to MySQL * please read number 3 *

3. Little config step;
3.1 You need to having software like apache + mysql, like this one : http://www.wampserver.com/en/
Create 3 databases : playerdata , worlddata , websitedata
Migrate : playerdata.db into the mysql database playerdata.
          & gamedata.db into the mysql database worldata.

In the folder you have a ' websitedata-news.sql ', execute the querys in the websitedata database.
When query are correctly executed you can delete this file.

Go on your " www " folder ( if you use wampserver ) or ' htdocs ' if you are on other software/FTP
Extract all ' www ' file on the folder sayed before.
Set your settings in the " www/inc/config.inc.php " file.
Edit all the informations needed.

Go on " http://localhost " or " http://mydomainname.com
Enjoy :) !

Actualy this release is the first one, other system will come in futur ;) !
How to get it ? 
You can find it here:

Give me your feedback :) !

I can understand what's you trying to say and what's your feeling, 
But actually MySQL > SQLite, that why I make my priority of this one.
The only interest of Lite it's able to stock data on it without connection ... But for a Website (FTP / VPS) connection it's work like a sham, what's sqlite can't do cause this one don't have TCP/IP.

And alot of people who know manage a game / server, will be ok with me to say MySQL is more usefull ^^ !

meh.

I think something AGD could do is "partner up" with your code and as the server sends things to AGD servers it can also send things to whatever stuff you have and then do stuff from there :p

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, 

First of all would like to shout out to Ariusll, thank you so much for this code it's so awesome!
After reading and following your instructions I kept getting an error when trying to load the website, I quickly noticed a minor error in the config file and wanted to help and bring this to your attention and show new users how to get the website working if they run into the same issue as I did.

in the config file located in the /inc folder look for the following line.

$db_web = "websitdata"; // Put the correct DataBase Name of the < WebSite >, Default : websitedata.

and change websitdata to websitedata that's it.  Looks like the letter "e" was missing, Ariusll if you could fix this from the download .rar file that would be even better however, since it really is a minor error not sure if it's worth your time to change that when the users can do it.  

anyways, thanks again!

Side Note:  I will be playing with the website and see if I can possibly add bootstrap into this project.

14 hours ago, Worldofjimmy said:

How do I get website to connect to the gameworld database? I have it as mysql

Hi Worldofjimmy,

Like, Ariusll said you will first need to install your favorite choice of web server either wamp or xampp, depending on your operating system wamp may not always work.  In my case Xampp worked perfect for me.  Than you will need to open MyPHPadmin and create the three databases like Ariusll said.   the three database are playerdata , worlddata , and websitedata Xampp at first might ask to create a table for each database that's fine just use the same name as the database that's what I did and it worked for me.  Than load your Intersect server if loading from the same computer you can leave the default ip address as 127.0.0.1 I personally changed mine to localhost doesn't really matter I am just OCD about stuff like that.  on the Intersect server type "migrate" without the quotation marks  than follow the prompts, at this point you should have your user name and password to the mysql ready, if the connection was successful it will say it and than ask to hit a key to close you will have to reopen your Intersect server and do this all again for the playerdata, remember gameworld will be connected to the worlddata database.  Hope this helps let me know if you have any questions.  Make sure to read my last post if you see the "Try to connect at WebSite DataBase impossible." error message.  

On 4/29/2019 at 8:22 PM, starlord said:

Sup the bunny gamer,

The migration tool is used to migrate your current non mysql to mysql.

Oki doki thanks, I will attempt to convert my SQLite database to mySQL tomorrow.

(To person who created this):

By the way, I don't think I've said yet, you've done really well and much better than most people on this forum!!!

Edit: I've converted the databases to mySQL, now to see if it works. Also, this is free right or you need to give credits? Also, MySQL workbench is perfect for it.

Hello,

I use Ampps on my other computer.

I have 3 MySQL databases, 1 for players, 1 for website and 1 for game server.

I can connect to game from outside my network.

I still get Game Server Offline.

f7535752bd5ce78fe5401655ca418c00.png

I have this settings for server

551d889e0e14d733554a0c6dd4bb979e.png

What Should I do?

1 hour ago, Worldofjimmy said:

Hello,

I use Ampps on my other computer.

I have 3 MySQL databases, 1 for players, 1 for website and 1 for game server.

I can connect to game from outside my network.

I still get Game Server Offline.

f7535752bd5ce78fe5401655ca418c00.png

I have this settings for server

551d889e0e14d733554a0c6dd4bb979e.png

What Should I do?

Hello worldofjimmy,

Yeah it seems using localhost is causing the -1 resulting in the game server showing offline.  I'm sure there is a way to fix this looking into this now.

2 minutes ago, starlord said:

Hello worldofjimmy,

Yeah it seems using localhost is causing the -1 resulting in the game server showing offline.  I'm sure there is a way to fix this looking into this now.

I tried to use external IP and local IP. Still same, Game Server Offline.

Shouldn't I type in credentials to the gameserver database somewhere? like user and password?

Hello everyone, sorry I was absent.

Thanks everyone for each feedback :)

For each problems about the 'ip' 

don't worry it's working. It's just cause the (local ip - 127.0.0.1 - 192.168.x.x) can't resolve an ip issue for make a valid check with the AGD api system.

you could modify it if you know php and edit the code.

this was using for external ip using ( web Host , vps Host ... ) 

kiss everyone ❤️

when I will be back i would like to work on this with other people , if some are interessed :)