Acquired FreeMmorpgMaker.com

jcsnider

It's official! After nagging for several months, Link finally agreed to sell me the FreeMmorpgMaker.com domain! It is now in my possession and in a few days FreeMmorpgMaker.com will be the new home for the Intersect Engine website. Along with the domain acquisition we can expect a small influx of site traffic and probably a few new members joining our little community. Let's give them a warm welcome!

I don't expect it to but not because of me. If they still had that domain and we weren't here at all their community would still be on a crash course. This might expedite that process -- only time will tell.

8 hours ago, Helladen said:

Link killed Eclipse, after Amish almost killed it. It was just not much going on, besides JC with the Event System when Robin left. There's no improvements going on anymore around Eclipse, despite Eclipse being around for a long time, it never had any success stories outside of developers leaving and making their own stuff. These game engines just aren't good for commercial games, mostly just fun side projects. That's why the community died. The community didn't want to make games, just mess around and troll.

I can assure you that things will be different around here. Intersect and Orion together will offer enough tools and resources to not only keep the community alive, but (hopefully) create promising 2D games. The domain switch is just another piece to the puzzle. Sit back and watch the puzzle be put together :)

5 minutes ago, AcidTumbleweed said:

Had no idea that this place even existed until the domain change. I thought Eclipse was sold again.

Kind of a secret. We've done our best to be respectful of Eclipse and their strict no-advertising rules.  Glad you found us though and made your way over here ^^

2 hours ago, jcsnider said:

Kind of a secret. We've done our best to be respectful of Eclipse and their strict no-advertising rules.  Glad you found us though and made your way over here ^^

It's only strict if the advertising is linked to this place lol. But glad you guys are here now :D

On 2016-06-25 at 7:11 AM, jcsnider said:

I don't expect it to but not because of me. If they still had that domain and we weren't here at all their community would still be on a crash course. This might expedite that process -- only time will tell.

Idk mate, your engine just feels like the finishing blow, like putting eclipse out of its misery faster, kind of like putting your cat down instead of letting it die a slow painful death. Like, there'll be absolutely no reason to make an ORPG in eclipse after a finished intersect with open source gets released. This is a compliment

18 hours ago, yeroC said:

I agree, lurv. The funniest thing to me is that we have TWO perfectly capable engines over here, and it's a bannable offense to talk about it over there. However, more than sure JC doesn't want it on their site anyways. 

Really? It's bannable? That's kind of sad, but at the same time, it's just them trying to survive as long as possible. If someone much bigger and stronger came into your house with an assault rifle about to kill you and there is no way out, you wouldn't just give up, you'd struggle and run for as long as possible until meeting your end. That's basically what eclipse is doing right now.

lol i need to stop with the analogies