Map types

Slayer

Question

12 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Slayer said:

I'm not sure this is the only difference.... I'm hoping for a confirmed answer because I've experimented and ran out of ideas about what the intended use difference for arena and normal is. I feel like I'm missing a difference though 

Safe = By default players can pass through each other, players cannot attack each other.

Normal = By default players can not pass through each other, players can attack each other. If a player were to die they would drop their equipment.

Arena = By default players can not pass through each other, players can attack each other. If a player were to die they would not drop their equipment.

But apparently they DO drop their equips in Arena maps. That's what people are saying at least..

Seems like a bug and also, that system is in dire need of a rework. Just make it a checkbox:

1. Can pass through players

2. Can attack others

3. Drop items on death

That way everyone can set up a map how they want to

22 minutes ago, Dashplant said:

But apparently they DO drop their equips in Arena maps. That's what people are saying at least..

Seems like a bug and also, that system is in dire need of a rework. Just make it a checkbox:

1. Can pass through players

2. Can attack others

3. Drop items on death

That way everyone can set up a map how they want to

There is no room for such sound logic on this forum or in this engine. Take it elsewhere. 

6 minutes ago, The Bunny Gamer said:

I believe arena can have players moving through eachother

No not by default and that will depend of the config.json of the game. By default the engine have:

"Passability": {
    "Normal": false,
    "Safe": true,
    "Arena": false

That mean that the only way to move through other player is to set the maps as safe. If i'm not mistaken, normal is like safe (you can't kill player but can't walk through them) and arena let the possibility to the player to kill each other.

6 minutes ago, Gibier said:

That mean that the only way to move through other player is to set the maps as safe. If i'm not mistaken, normal is like safe (you can't kill player but can't walk through them) and arena let the possibility to the player to kill each other.

No, I can kill players in normal maps

Players can be killed on any but "safe", players drop loot(except bound items) on both "normal" and "arena" types, players are passable (by default) only on "safe". The only diffrence between "normal" and "arena" is if you set ones passability to true?

19 hours ago, Slayer said:

Players can be killed on any but "safe", players drop loot(except bound items) on both "normal" and "arena" types, players are passable (by default) only on "safe". The only diffrence between "normal" and "arena" is if you set ones passability to true?

If this is the case, there should really be a second safe option as well.

8 hours ago, The Bunny Gamer said:

If this is the case, there should really be a second safe option as well.

I'm not sure this is the only difference.... I'm hoping for a confirmed answer because I've experimented and ran out of ideas about what the intended use difference for arena and normal is. I feel like I'm missing a difference though 

41 minutes ago, Apache_ said:

Safe = Par défaut, les joueurs peuvent se croiser, les joueurs ne peuvent pas s’attaquer.

Normal = Par défaut, les joueurs ne peuvent pas se passer, les joueurs peuvent s’attaquer. Si un joueur mourait, il abandonnerait son équipement.

Arena = Par défaut, les joueurs ne peuvent pas se passer, les joueurs peuvent s’attaquer. Si un joueur mourait, il ne laisserait pas tomber son équipement.

so what you said is the right version of the system.

13 hours ago, Slayer said:

What are the exact specifics of map types. I know "safe" type disables targeting disabling combat. What is diffrent about "arena" and "normal"? 

I believe arena can have players moving through eachother