[VB6] Kevin's Engine - 2D MMORPG

Kevin

Kevin's Engine

Hello Ascension Community, i want to present you my Engine i work on for quite a while.

This Engine is based on the Crystalshire Source Code. All Graphics in following screenshots are not mine.

The Graphics will change on Release!

Feature List:

• - Full DX8 Rendered Menu/Game
  • - Character Selection (Multiple Chars)
  • - Character Creation
  • - News
  • - Dungeons
  • - Party
  • - Guild
  • - Boss Monster
  • - Custom Events
  • - Talent System
  • - Stealth
  • - Fly
  • - Teleport Map
  • - PVP
  • - Matchmaking
  • - Dungeon Finder
  • Quests
  • and much more

DungeonBrowser (GIF Video)

4nlvyzdu.gif

2.thumb.jpg.e1cbd69846f445723ec5d875a5968c19.jpg3.jpg.7c06458a9f19b07e6e545d2cc2d7d6e0.jpg5.jpg.bfa8537ee048d6e2a815355fc2850ee1.jpg

Sadly i cannot post more pictures for some reason, but i keep you updated with new screenshots and other features.

I also repeat this Engine is called "Crystalshire" i just modify the engine with new and better systems, to make a better

VB6 Engine overall! All graphics you see in the screenshots are from Crystalshire, which will get changed on release.

1 minute ago, Kasplant said:

Looks nice man! Do you have quests at all?

I'd love to see a feature where parties can finish quests together too.

Thank you, yes a quest system will be implemented. The list above isn't complete more features will come soon with screenshots.

Nice engine! :D

Oh ya talking about Ideas, maybe you could implement Refine System like this EO?  http://revolutionmaker.forumeiros.com/t138-downloadeclipse-advanced-v3-0-15-refine-system

and when you give someone buff from spell, it shows tiny picture about the buff time. once the picture is gone, it means the buff ran out.

Also the buff and heal spell AoE is only for people in the party, because if not it will heal monsters too and sometimes it makes the game crash :D

Sorry for my bad english.

8 hours ago, PhenomenalDev said:

@Kevin This honestly looks like it will be a good engine but will it be open source?

At the current stage the engine won't be open source because my code is looking messy to be honest. once the engine is completely done and got a code rework so everyone can understand what I did and of course how much people are interested in this engine I will think about open source. 

6 hours ago, Miharukun said:

Nice engine! :D

Oh ya talking about Ideas, maybe you could implement Refine System like this EO?  http://revolutionmaker.forumeiros.com/t138-downloadeclipse-advanced-v3-0-15-refine-system

and when you give someone buff from spell, it shows tiny picture about the buff time. once the picture is gone, it means the buff ran out.

Also the buff and heal spell AoE is only for people in the party, because if not it will heal monsters too and sometimes it makes the game crash :D

Sorry for my bad english.

The engine has and will have alle major and small features as you know from other big mmorpg's. I'm thankful for every idea you can bring in. I will update the feature list soon with Screenshots from every feature once it's fully working 

5 hours ago, yeroC said:

Looks like a solid engine, too bad it's in VB6! I'm sure some users still prefer to work with the language though, good luck on the progress !

Once the engine is fully done and complete I will start working to convert the engine over to my main language C#. but first I want to finish it in VB6 because eclipse origin is a great base to develop something in opinion 

New features in development.

World city events

cities getting attacked by npc once the guards and city hall got destroyed the npc item price will raise. players can defend the cities or not. after 2 hours the city hall got rebuild and the price will come back to its normal.

Lord System

The Lord System is easy to understand. players can participate to get voted from other players to become a Lord over the world. the Lord will be able through the Lord menu to activate events like exp drop chance or other events. a Lord gets voted for 1 month.

Hope you like it, any other idea is is welcomed. also I looking for a helping hand who creates simple gui graphics for the engine 

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

New features in development.

World city events

cities getting attacked by npc once the guards and city hall got destroyed the npc item price will raise. players can defend the cities or not. after 2 hours the city hall got rebuild and the price will come back to its normal.

Lord System

The Lord System is easy to understand. players can participate to get voted from other players to become a Lord over the world. the Lord will be able through the Lord menu to activate events like exp drop chance or other events. a Lord gets voted for 1 month.

Hope you like it, any other idea is is welcomed. also I looking for a helping hand who creates simple gui graphics for the engine 

This is awesome kevin! I'm so hype to see more of ur works! :D

@PhenomenalDev currently there is no feature planned to toggle other features on/off but I can think about it at the end because currently all features belongs to the Chinese/Japanese mmorpg standard  that's why I think I put in that many stuff to challenge other mmorpg games 

@Miharukun thank you a lot, I'm hyped as well to present you more stuff :)