Direction Block Players On Tiles?

Colonello

Question

How would I go about blocking a player from entering a tile from a certain direction but not blocking them from other directions. For example if I want a player to be able to walk on a tile when walking north they can't but if they were walking south they could.

9 answers to this question

Sorry Colonello this is a feature I intentionally avoided. Pathfinding for NPCs and Events is important to us and it is also one of the most intensive processes within the server. In order to keep that running as quickly as possible I opted not to include directional based blocks to save it potentially significant work. 

8 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Sorry Colonello this is a feature I intentionally avoided. Pathfinding for NPCs and Events is important to us and it is also one of the most intensive processes within the server. In order to keep that running as quickly as possible I opted not to include directional based blocks to save it potentially significant work. 

I can understand that. I'll just change my maps up a bit or find a way to achieve something similar. :)

47 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

We also saw fit that Z-Dimensions pretty much covers what anyone really used directional blocking for. Since no one really used it outside of ledges.

40 minutes ago, Kasplant said:

You can achieve similar effects with the Z-dimension. It won't be as good as directional blocking but you can use it for cliff edges and ledges.

I don't know why I didn't think of that. Good call Kasplant.