Diagonal movement

Awnkei

Question

7 answers to this question

Any diagonal movement seen in the past was due to a user created source code modification here: https://www.ascensiongamedev.com/topic/4908-diagonal-movement/#comments

That modification no longer works on the latest versions of the engine, and the author of the mod has not kept it up to date.

Work to have diagonal movement is in progress to be implemented into the engine as a base feature. You can track the conversation and progress in this pull request (pr) which is effectively an official request to bring new code into the engine.

Due to the nature of pull requests, and open source development you can go see the 53 files which are being modified and technically build your own version of the engine with the feature before it's ready... but that would be an option only available to developers.

Currently developers are going back and forth a lot to refine and polish before it is merged and released. We cannot provide an ETA but progress is moving rather quickly, it probably won't be long until is is available in the base engine for everyone.

@jcsnider and @Push have just gave you the proper answers to your question.

On 2/9/2023 at 9:04 AM, Awnkei said:

Imo without this feature i dont think to continue my game on this tool but it’s unfortunate because it is really good to use !

On 2/9/2023 at 5:16 AM, Awnkei said:

What PR means ? The post where i saw it was in 2020 ! 3 years later this huge feature is not in the engine because of what ?

About that ^ and FYI: Your opinions and project choices are not a valid development question..

Regards.