Nintendo NX Confirmed Physical Cartridges over Discs

Henry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@Chief https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI skyrim remastered is coming to the nx and it looks fucking awesome I'm sold

@AcidTumbleweed I fucking love it and it's skyrim remastered (could tell by the hd and new skybox) I am so hyped for this xD rip all my money on my credit card

I'm not sure how I feel about the design itself, like the '+' & '-' buttons, seem a little out of place and the controller layouts look a bit odd to me but I'm fascinated by the design at the same time because it looks like it can support holding the controller two ways.

Really my main concern is the power of the console, I feel like I'm ultimately going to treat this as more of an accessory rather than a console in the long run.

Edit: I also love the bit where the group of guys quickly set up at a park bench and bust out NBA, looks like it will really change how games are played together.

It looks like fucking garbage.. It's literally a wii u that is slightly more portable... it's like... a nintendo tablet. An overpriced Tablet for gaming. I wouldn't use a tablet pc, I wouldn't use a tablet console.

Just think of the bottlenecks.... like seriously.

Okay cool, you have a tablet console with...

Limited hardware.. There is a reason that graphics devices on tablets can't match nearly what we can on a desktop system.

The power you have to provide to those graphic devices are also pretty fucking high... just think of the battery life.

There is a reason gaming laptops are over $1000, it's because making a portable device with a battery strong enough to power it for more than 5min is not easy or cheap.

it's not a portable console... it's a tablet for gaming with specific titles only that basically plugs into your tv, they're not gonna have two separate graphic systems for the console plug-in it would be too damn pricey. The console as a whole is limited to whatever its mobile carry around mode is.

It will either be extremely pricey, or extremely bad.

Congrats, enjoy your
"cutting edge innovative nintendo technology"

Yeah I went into the reveal with low expectations and what they unveiled I feel is pretty exciting. Ultimately, we were presented with a tablet that can run Skyrim HD on battery & with game controllers. Sold. Most high-end tablets are $600+, if this thing's price is $399 or under, that's an AMAZING deal in my opinion. Granted, tablets are multi-purpose but I'm sure Nintendo will have a suite of apps available for the Switch.

I actually haven't been this stoked for anything Nintendo in a loooooong time.

Edit: @Crest I would hope that their proprietary OS is much more lightweight than any other tablet OS. Android / Windows alone is a bottleneck for mobile devices. This one, built form the ground up is honed in on the games (hopefully) so I would imagine it's far more optimized for gaming experiences.

I think its a cool idea, wont be very powerful but no one buys a Nntendo console for power. They buy it for those sweet sweet Nintendo games. My only concern is it looks a little fragile.

Check out this sweet concept art. If they ended up doing stuff like this it would be really cool.

Spoiler

nxmodconcept.jpg

Spoiler

CvO-KK6UEAARQ1V.jpg

it looks really interesting, however I see the price of games being expensive for hardware specific games. Alongside some of the designs look really uncomfortable to play with, kinda the reason why I dislike new controller designs, can't people just keep them similar so they feel comfortable?

2 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

it looks really interesting, however I see the price of games being expensive for hardware specific games. Alongside some of the designs look really uncomfortable to play with, kinda the reason why I dislike new controller designs, can't people just keep them similar so they feel comfortable?

It looks like in the trailer there is an optional "pro" type controller that looks pretty generic compared to common controllers which is cool. I could see people not being a fan of the default control scheme - I wonder if when they detach if they can act as Wii controls? That'd be interesting.