Untested [6.2] Chain Spells

Chain Spells

Description:

This patch allows you to "chain" spells onto other spells to generate unique combos and spells that have multiple functions.

Example:

You want a spell to both create an AOE and to fire a projectile forwards.

With this system, you are able to set a spell to chain another spell after it has been used. You are able to customise how much time in milliseconds to wait inbetween the chain.

Features:

Chain spells onto other spells

Have a customisable wait time inbetween chain reactions

NPC's can chain spells allowing for unique attacks

How to use:

Spoiler

Within server.config you'll find three lines:

"Chain From Spells List": [],
"Chain To Spells List": [],
"Chain To Spells Wait Duration List": [],

The first list is the list of spell names which cause chain reactions. The second list is the list of spell names which can be chained from. The third list is the amount of time to wait in milliseconds before using the chained spell. These lists are linked, so the first value in list 1 matches with the first value in lists 2 and 3.

An example of a chain spell "Fire Breath" that initiates "Dragon Claw" after 1 second and "Water Bubble" that initiates "Ice Bubble" instantly after:

string[] chainfromspellnames = new string[] { "Fire Breath", "Water Bubble" };
string[] chaintospellnames = new string[] { "Dragon Claw", "Ice Bubble" };
int[] chaintospellwaittimes = new int[] { 1000, 0 };

"Chain From Spells List": ["Fire Breath", "Water Bubble"],
"Chain To Spells List": ["Dragon Claw", "Ice Bubble"],
"Chain To Spells Wait Duration List": [1000, 0],

Download Patch

Download Update - important update

Download Fix - important bug fix

Based on 0.6.2.0

Note: This is my first patch so it's quite basic. Please tell me if anything is broken.

Edited by Guest
Fix

1 hour ago, Joyce said:

Interesting, have you considered moving the options out into the options file?

Interesting, I'll try it

Also, it doesn't work if you don't already have the spell so I will work on an update for that

Update

Changes:

-You can now find the lists in the server resources/config.json rather than in the patch itself. (thanks @Joyce for suggestion)

-You don't need to know the chained spell for it to function - it now quick casts like an item

-NPC's can chain spells

Note:

You will need to download the patches in order

Download the update here!

• 4 months later...
On 1/17/2021 at 1:52 PM, Dspair said:

Hey, the link is showing me a text file, no patch. How do i download it as a .exe file for applying the text?

Right click > Save link as > this should give you <randomnumbers>.patch and just change <randomnumbers> to whatever you want to save the patch file as.

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

I like to apply this patch but ran into problem. Sorry I am new to Git, maybe something easy I overlooked.

C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Intersect Source\Intersect-Engine>git am --signoff < 1.patch
Applying: Chain Spells

C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Intersect Source\Intersect-Engine>git apply --check 2.patch
error: patch failed: Intersect.Server/Entities/Entity.cs:2225
error: Intersect.Server/Entities/Entity.cs: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: Intersect.sln:1
error: Intersect.sln: patch does not apply

C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Intersect Source\Intersect-Engine>

First patch (from "Download Patch" link) does check OK and look like applying. Second patch item (from "Download Update" link) check has error. I check line on 2225 in Entity.cs file but not appear to have problem.

I read I can use --reject option to skip, would this be OK?

Thank you your time!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Amazing, i get a long time to make it works(first patch i applied) but when it works was the best thing in the world, i did alot of spells of my game classes only because your patch,  ex: Oni Giri(Dash+projectils) Mera Spin(projectils that explode in another projectils full dir), hirameki(a perfect slice made by using tree skills chained to make moviment ilusion), i dont know why this isnt in the engine by defalt its wonderfull.

one more: projectils with trail(trail as a new trigered project delayed to apear exactly 1 step after the skill head, imagine as a kamehameha from dbz)

• 2 years later...
9 hours ago, Seshy said:

Is anybody able to verify if this patch would work with the latest version of Intersect?

Almost certainly no. However, the current version of Intersect has a "Cast Spell" event, and using event spells you can achieve similar results as to what this patch did.