This can go far? New engine on VB.NET

jesusbleach

I was working on xna and learning how it works. and i was thinking "im bad doing games and i dont know how do my own sprites" then, why dont take an old project and continue it?

i was learning a little how to charge resources and do animations. This is a test file

but i want do a votation. what do you like as result

VS Style Engine (online matckmaking support)

mugen-dbz.png

Lateral Engine MMO

MapleStory-Duck.jpg

Classic MMO engine(like intersect)

7.png

Moba 2d

maxresdefault.jpg

Test download(without networking only testing controls , move and simple 3 frame sprite animations)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0c9ho9s20wp9psm/MMOTEST.rar

IM SOOO bad in networking but i think i can do something, with relax jeje...

I let you the last word, and i will considere it, im good vb.net programmer but im still noob in XNA and DX and graphig manage,

Thanks for read.

7 hours ago, jesusbleach said:

1 is callet M.U.G.E.N

2 is a game called Mapple Story

3 is similar to CatalystEngine Titan Plus(only i have the files)

4 i dunno, i found in google images

After made some research the 4 is called "Moba Last Hit Training" but still didn't found source/client/server yet.

Edit: you could try to talk with this guy: http://forums.eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=407759

little bit more information here Moba Last Hit Training

4 hours ago, Gibier said:

After made some research the 4 is called "Moba Last Hit Training" but still didn't found source/client/server yet.

Edit: you could try to talk with this guy: http://forums.eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=407759

little bit more information here Moba Last Hit Training

you didnt get it

i go do it from scratch from myself

and im gonna do style old scool, is better for newbyes like me

I think a lot of people are misunderstanding the point of this thread. @jesusbleach correct me if I am, too.

I think he is trying to code his own game/engine to expand on his general programming, XNA, and networking experience and he just wants opinions on which style game he should create between a fighter, platformer mmo, top down mmo like intersect, or moba. 

How experienced are you and how much time do you want to spend? A platformer or top down mmo will probably be the fastest to set up in a basic way and a fighter maybe be slightly harder in the general coding department but not in the networking department and a moba would be very hard but very impressive if you could pull it off, ultimately make the one you like the most :P 

12 hours ago, jcsnider said:

I think a lot of people are misunderstanding the point of this thread. @jesusbleach correct me if I am, too.

I think he is trying to code his own game/engine to expand on his general programming, XNA, and networking experience and he just wants opinions on which style game he should create between a fighter, platformer mmo, top down mmo like intersect, or moba. 

yea that was the point

--------------------------------------

im just stucked in logo fadeout and fps show for now

i used the intersect default gui background... im sure you dont care, almost i have a lot of alternatives

at least im doing into sfml lib instead of xna because of perfomance. a cool dude is helping me so much