Need Help Intersect Needs a Tutorial Master! [Potentially Paid]

jcsnider

Hey Everyone,

We are in desperate need of some help around here. Intersect is getting closer and closer to release. We have more and more people hanging around AGD and more Intersect users. We love the attention and the activity and it only encourages us to keep working on Intersect so it can meet it's full potential and be one of the best 2d mmorpg engines available.

What we really need are one or two people who can take some time to familiarize themselves with Intersect (if they aren't already) and write guides on how to use each of it's features. These guides would start from the basics such as downloading and installing the engine, then moving on to how to map, how to create and use each of the editors, how to report bugs, all the way to very complex stuff like in-game puzzles with events.

My hope is to create a large library of official Intersect tutorials for the community to use as a whole and alleviate some of the common questions being asked by our newer user base.

I am wanting these guides to be written on the forum, in English, with screenshots and other media to assist users as needed. I do not want video guides or a video series because that would make the guides useless to non english speaking members.

Examples of what I'm looking for:

Feel free to reach out to me via PM if you are interested in lending a hand.  We will likely ask you to write a guide or two (for something basic) to see if you're our guy/gal. If so you will get direct Skype access to me and @Kibbelz so we can help you by answering questions as needed. Depending on your commitment, skill, and speed we are open to paying you for your work. (Maybe a few dollars per tutorial or something like that)

Thanks so much!

JC

Looking for strictly written guides. I love video tutorials but I want to those who can't speak or understand english to be able to read via translate tools :D

That said, please continue your video series. All the extra guides help and those will be especially beneficial to those who do speak english (90%+ of our community)

Im actually in the process of creating a full step by step intersect tutorial covering everything from downloading it and setting up your server, to port forwarding and publishing your game, itml cover mapping, items, events, everything and give tips for new developers to help them dodge the same mistakes we all made when we started. ill start releasing chapters of it tonight, no pay necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind helping out as I enjoy helping people out and I know the pain of want to learn something but due to lack of guides it can be demotivating to a extent. 

As for the written English part me and the wife can handle that easily. I generally do the base idea and layout of the guide while she nip tuck it to make it seem more professional. 

But if the position might be a paid role then I would be able to devote more time to the guides itself as work/study tends to get in the way a lot.

I can do a example guide if you wish to determine if it's good enough or not?

7 hours ago, Arcainess said:

I can do a example guide if you wish to determine if it's good enough or not?

By all means feel free.

Please reach out to me afterward. Based on the quality we could discuss some type of payment moving forward that would work for both of us.

• 3 weeks later...

What is one of the best free screen recording programs now so that I can give you guys some great tutorials? I have made some great tutorials in the past and want to make sure I can do so again.

Edited by Ambard
Keeping it pertaining to the topic.