Intersect Engine Tutorial Series - Episode 5 is now up

Zetasis

I have been planning out a YouTube series for Intersect and have finally made my first video. I was a bit nervous but it was fun. Let me know if you have any ideas on things I should cover. For now I'm just planning on covering the basics but I'm still open for suggestions as well. Also, if you find these videos useful, or even entertaining, please feel free to leave a like and maybe even subscribe so you don't miss the videos as they're released! Thanks!

What is the Intersect Engine?

Spoiler

Episode 1 - download and login(also added a class).

Spoiler

Episode 2 - The Map Editor

Spoiler

Episode 3 - Adding Graphics

Spoiler

Episode 4 - Character Generator

Spoiler

Episode 5 - Events part 1

Spoiler

I like it a lot.. but there are going to be a LOT of changes to distribution, ui, graphics, etc in B6 making this first video a little outdated from the get-go.

Wondering if you might want to do it/or continue on with the B6 builds you have instead?

Yeah I plan on using B6 from here out. I just wanted to start with B5 since that’s what’s available now and I didn’t want anyone to be confused when downloading. 

5 hours ago, jcsnider said:

Wondering if you might want to do it/or continue on with the B6 builds you have instead?

2 hours ago, Zetasis said:

Yeah I plan on using B6 from here out. I just wanted to start with B5 since that’s what’s available now and I didn’t want anyone to be confused when downloading. 

Well with a '[B6]' in the tittle it would help with with the confusion. Would also help to don't be too much lost at the B6 release. Cause a lot of tutorial will be outdated with the b6 (even my UI tutorial)

Episode 2 has been published. In episode 2 I cover the map editor for the Intersect Engine as well as some helpful advice on how to reach administrative access with the server console. This episode is a bit longer then the last but the Intersect Map Editor is a powerful thing and takes a little while to explain lol.

I know it has been sometime since I last posted a video but Episode 3 is now out. In this next video I go over how to add custom images in Intersect. I go over sprites, tiles, items, paperdolls(briefly), resources, and animations. There is a part where I have some issues with the map editor but I'm pretty sure that was my own fault so sorry about that. Anyways, I hope this is helpful to people and if you like the video please give it a like and let me know what you would like to see next.

Episode 5 is now out! In this video I start out with making a basic event which uses player switched to open doors. Very basic, but it will help get your feet wet if you have never messed with the event editor. As always, if you have any suggestions on how to improve the series please let me know. If you find this video is helpful please like and/or subscribe so you don't miss the next one!

• 2 weeks later...

With the release of the source code I decided to go ahead and make an overview video of sorts about the Intersect Engine. Figured since I have been making tutorial videos it might help if I had a 'What is' kind of video as well.

Note: Had some issues with my recording software so there might be some lag and blurriness in the video. Sorry about that.

What is the Intersect Engine(video):

Spoiler