Need Help In need of "Data Inputers"

Giligis

5tj5q5L.png

I originally had the text on the logo say features about the game, but I'd rather keep most of it as secret as possible at this time. Logo is subject to change. I'll go into detail as much as I can without revealing things I don't want too at this time.

About the Game

I don't want to go too in-depth here, as I want to keep this project mostly a secret, but I'll give as much information here as possible. For starters, and most obviously, its a Pokemon fan-made game. I currently have all the GFX and such needed, and no engine limitations to what I want to create, its all done through the event editor. I am currently the only one working on the project, and I don't intend to bring too many people aboard, a select few<3. I have an interesting storyline for the game that I'm sure will intrigue most Pokemon fans. For the time being, it will only be generation 1, though I have sprites for all generations. If you'd REALLY like to know more, and have a serious interest, then PM me and I can present more details. 

Screenshots

Big image warning!

354b405c425d7d9afa6362276435b051.png

Website/Forums

We currently have no website or forums that are open to the public at this time. 

Task at Hand

If you are interested in the job, your task would be inputting data into the Item Editor and Common Event Editor, inputting various Pokemon data. No pre-reqs needed, I'll need alot of help with this data inputting, so I'll take anyone whos really interested! Anyone who can participate in this process, even just a little bit, will be mentioned in the credits!

Thank you!!

7 minutes ago, Gibier said:

It could be useful to include what pokemon gen you want to include in the game.

Thank you for the suggestion :D Just Kanto at the moment, though I have the sprites for all gens. 

Personally, I'd create a new "region" if you're sticking with Pokemon. There's half a dozen Pokemon online games centered in Kanto already. If you keep the simplistic mapping style as the original games and scatter a balanced mix of pokemon throughout the game world, you could have a very popular game on your hands. (Though of course keep it under wraps because Nintendo be monstrous)

19 minutes ago, SkywardRiver said:

Personally, I'd create a new "region" if you're sticking with Pokemon. There's half a dozen Pokemon online games centered in Kanto already. If you keep the simplistic mapping style as the original games and scatter a balanced mix of pokemon throughout the game world, you could have a very popular game on your hands. (Though of course keep it under wraps because Nintendo be monstrous)

That is probably what I will do. I made the map I made to test a variety of stuff I wanted to made sure it worked. This is by no means the run-of-the-mill Pokemon game though, it has a twist. The way I'm doing things requires a ton of data input, so currently I'm focusing on inputting data for generation 1, which is what I need help with. I appreciate your comment, chances are, we will have our own custom "kanto". 

38 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

What engine are you using?

Intersect. 

I've also decided, that the way I'm doing things, adding EVERY single Pokemon will take forever. I will scatter Pokemon from several different regions across 1 NEW region we are going to create, I think it will be much easier work load this way, and having 700+ Pokemon in one region would be a mess anyways. 

REGARDLESS...I still need people to input data. If your curious what the project holds, PM me :)

I didn't want to release too much but I suppose its okay. 

Its essentially a game where you play as the Pokemon, taking revenge on trainers who've pitted you against each all your life. Its a whacky take on it. The system I need data input is for the recruiting, its a PMD type of feature where you basically "recruit" other Pokemon. Essentially a placeholder, really, until source is available. However its fully functional and works through the event system at this time. 

1 hour ago, Giligis said:

I didn't want to release too much but I suppose its okay. 

Its essentially a game where you play as the Pokemon, taking revenge on trainers who've pitted you against each all your life. Its a whacky take on it. The system I need data input is for the recruiting, its a PMD type of feature where you basically "recruit" other Pokemon. Essentially a placeholder, really, until source is available. However its fully functional and works through the event system at this time. 

I think we'll need to create a pokemon competition lol

http://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/a84999116069b3773a0edddad17d5ee2.mp4

(not my main project, I'm making it just for fun)

12 hours ago, Khaikaa said:

I think we'll need to create a pokemon competition lol

http://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/a84999116069b3773a0edddad17d5ee2.mp4

(not my main project, I'm making it just for fun)

It was yours and another project that actually inspired my idea. I wasn’t going to do it because I didn’t want to limit players to leveling just one Pokémon, I want them to be whatever Pokémon they want. Thus, this system. Was literally smoking one day, and I don’t know, it came to me. I was like wait...I think I just came up with a recruitment system for the event system ?, does I tried it, so it works works haha. 

I was also intrigued by the fact I could use common events for evolution and learning new skills which I thought was awesome. 

Its merely just a placeholder until source is available, then, I will do an automated recruiting system that hopefully includes all generations. 

Again, if anyone’s interested I still need help!! Thanks<3

@Giligis I think a tool is the way to go if you plan to stay loyal to the game stats, it's easy to create something that loops through a set of data and adds it to the correct tables assuming there is an easy way to get and format the whole gens data.

2 hours ago, PhenomenallyLongName4Panda said:

@Giligis I think a tool is the way to go if you plan to stay loyal to the game stats, it's easy to create something that loops through a set of data and adds it to the correct tables assuming there is an easy way to get and format the whole gens data.

Its not really Pokemons data that I need to be input. Its a recruitment system that works basically like this:

Souls are "Pokemon" essentially, souls allow you to change between different pokemon. Souls are items, so for every Pokemon you create 11 different souls like so:

Lv5 Charmander

Lvl10 Charmander

Lvl20 Charmander

Lvl30 Charmander

and so on

So your inventory is sort of like a roster. However, to avoid making 100 items and events for each Pokemon, I made the intervals of 10, so you don't want to switch Pokemon until you've hit the next interval. So with this, you need common events that evolve the pokemon at the level, teach it attacks, and that you get a new soul when you hit the lvl 10 increment. You also have to make events for the item so that it changes your level, class, face, sprite, etc. Its alot of work TBH, which is why this is how I think it'll work:

I'll make it so Pokemon trainers use Pokemon against you in defense. Defeating these Pokemon has a chance to drop its "soul" and you can use/change into that Pokemon if you happen to get its soul. I will create an entirely new region, "Mindoh", and Pokemon Trainers throughout will have Pokemon scattered from all 7 generations, but by no means will there be all of them. Once the game is released, people can request Pokemon they'd like implemented, and then with the release of the source we can program a proper "recruiting system". 

2 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

I made all of this through code when i was like 13 for my old PMD game. Trust me it is 100% easier (yes i know its not available right now). I'd suggest mapping until then.

I’m personally thinking of waiting until source myself and just continue mapping. The system is very tedious work and I think would be much easier when source is out. The workload is just much too heavy.